IIHF Women's Worlds, Utica 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
    Headed to overtime 5 - 5. 3 v 3 until it ends.
    Colgate from Clarkson to win it for the tourists.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Desbiens and Ambrose pick up assists on Danielle Serdachny's game-winning goal, a bit over 5 mins into the OT. It came with just one second remaining in the power play for too many players.

Congrats to Canada - a well-fought game! It was a wonderful tournament.

Comment

Does anyone know why there were no programs sold for the tourney ? I didn't know most of the players during the game. It was like watching blind, no info on the players, no keepsake for later years.

It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
          Does anyone know why there were no programs sold for the tourney ? I didn't know most of the players during the game. It was like watching blind, no info on the players, no keepsake for later years.
          Like the NCAA, to cut down on paper usage.

This may explain how the tournament was officiated vis a vis body checking..

https://thehockeynews.com/womens/int...-body-checking
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Like the NCAA, to cut down on paper usage.

This may explain how the tournament was officiated vis a vis body checking..

https://thehockeynews.com/womens/int...-body-checking
            They were prominently selling programs at the Frozen Four in St. Paul.
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I did buy a program for the women's Frozen Four, though it looked like they weren't selling a lot. It's unfortunate that it sounds like they didn't have programs at Worlds.

By the way, Laila Edwards was tournament MVP at Worlds - chosen before the 3rd period (like Fillier last year). My prediction now is that M-P Poulin will be the IIHF Woman Player of the Year (like Knight last year) given her ongoing career!

Comment

Working...
              X