X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timothy A
    replied
    Originally posted by BadgerPete View Post

I presume that they are referring to Payton Holloway. That's not how that happened from, well, an interview with her:

Holloway originally committed to the University of Wisconsin back in January of 2022. Growing up in Tomah, which is about 100 miles northwest of Madison, it only made sense to commit to the team from her home state.

But, like many other hockey players in the past two seasons, recruiting plans changed. Holloway was set to join the Badgers in 2022-23, but she decided to reopen her recruitment when she realized there was a long road ahead to get playing time at Wisconsin.

"With all the fifth years [skaters who used their extra year of eligibility], and with COVID kind of pushing stuff back, I wouldn't have been able to play until like my late sophomore or maybe junior year, and I wanted to play all four years," said Holloway. "So I seeked other options."

Source: https://www.therinklive.com/high-sch...-headed-to-umd
    She played very sparingly when the Duluth was in Madison. I'm not sure she even saw the ice in the first game. So much for playing 4 years. And with all the injuries turns out she would have had playing time on that fourth to line since they were playing one to two defensemen on that fourth line. She dressed for Duluth in 32 games of the 39 and had 2 assists. She only dressed in one game after March 2nd.
    Last edited by Timothy A; 05-07-2024, 05:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied
    Originally posted by BadgerDad2022 View Post
    and I just want to say again for the record that I think the job that Nadine has done at Ohio State is absolutely amazing---and she deserves all the credit in the world for turning around a once dormant program. So kudos to her for that! And congrats to OSU on the new hockey bldg that they are breaking ground on---the "House Muzz built"
    Thank you for that. We're waiting with bated breath for the new arena but there had been delays and I'm tired of asking the powers that be if it's back on track. It will happen when it happens I guess.
    I would imagine it would happen a lot quicker if some mega rich alum would kick in tens of millions for it.
    Even if someone donated money for naming rights the fans here will be calling it "The Muzz"

Leave a comment:

• BadgerDad2022
    replied
    and I just want to say again for the record that I think the job that Nadine has done at Ohio State is absolutely amazing---and she deserves all the credit in the world for turning around a once dormant program. So kudos to her for that! And congrats to OSU on the new hockey bldg that they are breaking ground on---the "House Muzz built"

Leave a comment:

• BadgerPete
    replied
    Originally posted by robertearle View Post

Who was that?
    I presume that they are referring to Payton Holloway. That's not how that happened from, well, an interview with her:

Holloway originally committed to the University of Wisconsin back in January of 2022. Growing up in Tomah, which is about 100 miles northwest of Madison, it only made sense to commit to the team from her home state.

But, like many other hockey players in the past two seasons, recruiting plans changed. Holloway was set to join the Badgers in 2022-23, but she decided to reopen her recruitment when she realized there was a long road ahead to get playing time at Wisconsin.

"With all the fifth years [skaters who used their extra year of eligibility], and with COVID kind of pushing stuff back, I wouldn't have been able to play until like my late sophomore or maybe junior year, and I wanted to play all four years," said Holloway. "So I seeked other options."

Source: https://www.therinklive.com/high-sch...-headed-to-umd

Leave a comment:

• BadgerDad2022
    replied
    Originally posted by HockeyGuy362 View Post

Sierra, you bring up something I have been wondering for a while. How many people on this forum, whining about the Portal, bagging on OSU, and Muzzi, have had a kid play D1 Women's hockey at a WCHA school.

I for one have, and my daughter loves Muzzi, even though she didn't play for her.

I was also curious about the post that said SSM girls won't got to OSU, but curious will they go to Wisco, after they offered a young lady a scholarship, then pulled it away from here before she even got there?
    who did that happen to?

not saying it didn't occur as I really don't follow this stuff THAT closely. But that would seemingly be something that was running around the SSM circles and I haven't sniffed a word of that from my son.

but please expand. thanks

Leave a comment:

• FiveHoleFrenzy
    replied
    Originally posted by Sierra View Post

I respond to what you say. You make the noise. Others can have different opinions based off their real life experiences. Im sorry you don't have any experiences playing elite athletics. Don't blame me. You make a comment about OSU and disrespect us non-stop. I will correct you. Try not to be so soft.
    Hey Sierra, give it a rest. I'll make a promise to do so as well to be fair to other posters on this forum who don't what to read this drivel.

Leave a comment:

• FiveHoleFrenzy
    replied
    You're so emotional.
    Emotional?...The thing is, I'm making fun of your inability to see anything past the end of your nose.

Have you ever played division 1 athletics? Have you ever competed at a high level? I stated facts. I'm sorry you can't deal with the facts.
    Nice...Very cliched response to ask these questions here...And really, why would I want to divulge anything of this nature to you?

Still not seeing the disrespect you're statement about the former BC players "not having anyone to pass to" is to those that participate in women's college hockey at Boston College who were Barnes and Bilka's teammates? It was pointed out to you by another poster who some of the players were...

Leave a comment:

• robertearle
    replied
    Originally posted by HockeyGuy362 View Post

... will they go to Wisco, after they offered a young lady a scholarship, then pulled it away from here before she even got there?
    Who was that?

Leave a comment:

• HockeyGuy362
    replied

You're so emotional. Have you ever played division 1 athletics? Have you ever competed at a high level? I stated facts. I'm sorry you can't deal with the facts.
    Sierra, you bring up something I have been wondering for a while. How many people on this forum, whining about the Portal, bagging on OSU, and Muzzi, have had a kid play D1 Women's hockey at a WCHA school.

I for one have, and my daughter loves Muzzi, even though she didn't play for her.

I was also curious about the post that said SSM girls won't got to OSU, but curious will they go to Wisco, after they offered a young lady a scholarship, then pulled it away from here before she even got there?

Leave a comment:

• Sierra
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    t really is something to see the slOwSU posters (and to be fair it is not all of them) in action these days.

Try on some class and dignity. The program you support is doing really well and, of course, you should enjoy that. Do that and leave the rest of the noise behind...
    I respond to what you say. You make the noise. Others can have different opinions based off their real life experiences. Im sorry you don't have any experiences playing elite athletics. Don't blame me. You make a comment about OSU and disrespect us non-stop. I will correct you. Try not to be so soft.
    Last edited by Sierra; 05-06-2024, 11:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sierra
    replied

Wrong answer...You didn't give thought to what you said in the first place and you're still not. Here is a hint...One aspect just might be a respect thing (or lack thereof) for women who play women's college hockey for Boston College. Again, I shouldn't have to splain this to you...CAPISCE?

You're like this guy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlejsgxOxrU&t=6s
    You're so emotional. Have you ever played division 1 athletics? Have you ever competed at a high level? I stated facts. I'm sorry you can't deal with the facts.

Leave a comment:

• robertearle
    replied
    t really is something to see the slOwSU posters (and to be fair it is not all of them) in action these days.

Try on some class and dignity. The program you support is doing really well and, of course, you should enjoy that. Do that and leave the rest of the noise behind...
    I've thought about this more than a little, and I think the problem is they think what they're doing is something unique and unprecedented, and that it will just continue on and on. That they don't really understand that Minnesota and their fans have been here, that Wisconsin and their fans have been here, that Duluth and their older fans have been here, that Clarkson has been here. And we know all too well that it WILL end. It may not be for another year, or two, but it will come to an end. Heck, it may already be 'over', but we all won't realize it for another year or two.

When Wisconsin lost the 2012 final, I didn't think it would be eight years before they won another championship. But it was. I doubt Minnesota fans were thinking in 2016 that as we sit here eight years later that that would have been their most recent national championship. But it is. Duluth, since 2010, etc.

Winning is great, it's fun. Enjoy it, celebrate it. But understand, it is not unique, and it is not going to last forever. And when it ends, you won't realize it right away.
    Last edited by robertearle; 05-06-2024, 10:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• FiveHoleFrenzy
    replied
    It really is something to see the slOwSU posters (and to be fair it is not all of them) in action these days.

Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 05-06-2024, 03:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FiveHoleFrenzy
    replied

That's what I thought.
    Wrong answer...You didn't give thought to what you said in the first place and you're still not. Here is a hint...One aspect just might be a respect thing (or lack thereof) for women who play women's college hockey for Boston College. Again, I shouldn't have to splain this to you...CAPISCE?

You're like this guy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlejsgxOxrU&t=6s

Leave a comment:

• Sierra
    replied

I'll let John McEnroe answer the question with a question just like you did...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFIQ-1SUZnw

(Cheese and rice, the reality is, I shouldn't have to explain this to you. YOU ucking figure out why what you said is problematic...Or not.)
    That's what I thought.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X