Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal - 2024

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    There is definite absolute money being obtained to secure the transfer portal players,
    Absolute, positively without a shadow of question

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by BuckyB View Post
      There is definite absolute money being obtained to secure the transfer portal players,
      Absolute, positively without a shadow of question
      I was speaking with Ohio State's current and incoming AD's last weekend. Do you have a better source of information? At least at Ohio State other than the pittance I previously mentioned there are no payments to our players.
      Perhaps you were referring to the Wisconsin payouts?
      Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 03-27-2024, 04:21 PM.

      Comment


      • #93
        [QUOTE=Hockeybuckeye;n3871758]

        I know for certain there has been absolutely ZERO money offered to girls to play at Ohio State! They do get a percentage of NIL from sales of their playing cards and jerseys with their names on them but that's basically pennies./QUOTE]

        I kind of buy this because Tosu is too cheap to give any crumbs to the women's hockey program. It's all about Football.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

        Comment


        • #94
          [QUOTE=Timothy A;n3871794]
          Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

          I know for certain there has been absolutely ZERO money offered to girls to play at Ohio State! They do get a percentage of NIL from sales of their playing cards and jerseys with their names on them but that's basically pennies./QUOTE]

          I kind of buy this because Tosu is too cheap to give any crumbs to the women's hockey program. It's all about Football.
          You are correct to a certain point Timothy, football always comes first at big Universities. The Muzzinator has stayed in past interviews our football program keeps her program well funded but it's my impression that all the hockey coaches are trying to hard to not allow NIL to pervaded women's college hockey the way it's messing things up with having to "buy" top talent in football.
          It would create a serious imbalance that the deepest pockets get the best players.

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

            I know for certain there has been absolutely ZERO money offered to girls to play at Ohio State! They do get a percentage of NIL from sales of their playing cards and jerseys with their names on them but that's basically pennies.
            I kind of buy this because Tosu is too cheap to give any crumbs to the women's hockey program. It's all about Football.
            Well none of us know this for sure. Since, as of right now, none of the NIL deals are done by the athletics departments themselves. But give it a year and it probably will be. I know there are Gopher players in the non-revenue sports who apparently have gotten small deals around Minneapolis. For example, a Gopher athlete wore a t-shirt from a particular Dinkytown bar and participated in certain promotional activities for them. That's fine.
            RowTheBoatSkiUMahGoGophers!

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by StPaulSam View Post

              Well none of us know this for sure. Since, as of right now, none of the NIL deals are done by the athletics departments themselves. But give it a year and it probably will be. I know there are Gopher players in the non-revenue sports who apparently have gotten small deals around Minneapolis. For example, a Gopher athlete wore a t-shirt from a particular Dinkytown bar and participated in certain promotional activities for them. That's fine.
              On the Wisconsin women's hockey website when you click the roster and see the players listed You can click on a link to essentially hire them to do something to earn some money from you. I told my son his investment company that he works for should hire Brita and she can do some sort of ad campaign with all the Natty hardware she has.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

                On the Wisconsin women's hockey website when you click the roster and see the players listed You can click on a link to essentially hire them to do something to earn some money from you. I told my son his investment company that he works for should hire Brita and she can do some sort of ad campaign with all the Natty hardware she has.
                A few of them have promotional deals with Kwik Trip. Simms, O'Brien (and Compher last year) would post #poweredbykwiktrip coffee runs on social media a bunch.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

                  On the Wisconsin women's hockey website when you click the roster and see the players listed You can click on a link to essentially hire them to do something to earn some money from you. I told my son his investment company that he works for should hire Brita and she can do some sort of ad campaign with all the Natty hardware she has.
                  The university has a few employees who work on "NIL and Community Outreach", coordinating efforts "finding creative and innovative ways for Wisconsin student-athletes to develop their personal brands in the NIL space and leads communications strategy for the Badgers Give Back program". (Badgers Give Back is stuff like charity appearances, and visits to Children's Hospital, etc.). The main UW NIL effort is called "YouDub"; they have a web site that describes three 'parts': the "Varsity Collective", the "YouDub Marketplace", the individual personal appearance kind of thing that Tim referred to, and "name" t-shirts and jerseys, etc, which the named athlete gets a percentage of the money. The "collective", as best I understand things - which is "poorly" - is something all big schools have and is where all the big donor money goes through onto the football and basketball type athletes.

                  I know a woman a little bit who works as part of the "NIL and Community Outreach" effort. I happened to see her at volleyball shortly after she got that position (from her previous job in the athletic department, in "social media") and joked that it meant she'd get 10% of any deals she helped arrange.

                  I have seen a very few basketball players and one or two football players doing local TV ads. Other than those, "NIL" is pretty much invisible, as far as I see.


                  uwbadgers.com/feature/you-dub

                  uwbadgers.com/sports/2018/7/16/badgers-give-back.aspx

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    It's my opinion that I don't think the Muzzinator would take on a player who would want something more to come here. That could be a problem in the locker room and so far she's been blessed that there have been no division or drama queens in the locker room.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                      It's my opinion that I don't think the Muzzinator would take on a player who would want something more to come here. That could be a problem in the locker room and so far she's been blessed that there have been no division or drama queens in the locker room.
                      Cheese and rice...It really is all duckies and bunnies in slOwSU land. Muzzination gets literally whoever they want in recruiting and the portal, plus they are the bestest players you could imagine. None are self-centered who create "division or are "drama queens".

                      Please...
                      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

                        Many people find the color green offensive. Don't take it personally.
                        Gold, dude. Gold.

                        But the gold is getting rarer in our coffers
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

                        ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

                        Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

                        I want to live forever. So far, so good.

                        Comment


                        • Just an FYI: Despite being Easter Sunday, today was also the day the portal opened up for undergrad transfers for men's hockey.

                          41 players entered today (as far as we know right now) !

                          ---------------

                          The 'final count' for Sunday appears to have been 47. Already another 20 this morning (as of 11 AM CDT).

                          I mean, wow!
                          Last edited by robertearle; 04-01-2024, 11:07 AM.

                          Comment


                          • The Muzzinator has her picks locked in!

                            Comment


                            • An interesting goalie newly in the portal today: Tindra Holm, from LIU. Yeah, LUI, but really good numbers, and has played on the Swedish national team. Maybe she might want to spend a year stepping up a level; and her coach at LIU, Kelly Nash, will tell her what it's like to play for Mark Johnson. :-)
                              Last edited by robertearle; 04-01-2024, 12:52 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                                Muzzination gets literally whoever they want in recruiting and the portal
                                And you couldn't be more correct!
                                The newly signed have already been on campus and announcements forthcoming!
                                The girls will post on their social media and OSU will post over the next 3 days. If any of you think she grabbed the top ones again that's a big YUP!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X