Transfer Portal - 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BadgerPete View Post
    Ah, we're at the stupid thread part of the offseason. Didn't think we'd get here so quickly but here we are.
    LOL!!!!! How true. This board sometimes gets as bad as the men's side. Used to be Wisco vs Minny. Now the triumvirate is complete. Wisco vs Minny vs THE Ohio State. ;-)
    Last edited by vicb; 03-27-2024, 09:50 AM.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkee View Post

King of Maine will graduate and go for a masters degree and has her Covid 5th year of eligibility next season. So she is likely hoping for a spot at a school fitting her masters aspirations.
      Clarkson has 1yr MBA programs and is grad transfer friendly.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerPete View Post
        Ah, we're at the stupid thread part of the offseason. Didn't think we'd get here so quickly but here we are.
        I find it amusing how some here still can't accept the changes in college hockey the portal has brought about and resent the Muzzinator for her obvious effective use of it. It's over the top when someone alluded that she cheats using it. Does robertearle think Markowski telling her former teammate she needs to come to Ohio State is a rule breaking too?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

Does robertearle think Markowski telling her former teammate she needs to come to Ohio State is a rule breaking too?
          I guarantee Markowski did not do that ...

Comment

I find it amusing how some here still can't accept the changes in college hockey the portal has brought about and resent the Muzzinator for her obvious effective use of it. It's over the top when someone alluded that she cheats using it. Does robertearle think Markowski telling her former teammate she needs to come to Ohio State is a rule breaking too?
            It isn't whether Robert Earle thinks that, it is that the NCAA says that is a violation.

Bottom of page 1, "Permissible Communication"

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_...e_Transfer.pdf
            Last edited by robertearle; 03-27-2024, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Clarkson has 1yr MBA programs and is grad transfer friendly.
              Many people find the color green offensive. Don't take it personally.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                It isn't whether Robert Earle thinks that, it is that the NCAA says that is a violation.

I think we all just want a fair playing field. Rules books are there to assist with that. I have to think out Tosu friend is just yanking our chains. If I knew MJ was violating the rules, I wouldn't be blabbing it on the number one source for women's hockey info on the planet, that's for sure.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

So since you don't understand context but decided to quote me, allow me to elaborate: literally every part of this thread has turned stupid. You may or may not know something: either you're in the know and basically saying that your coach is actively flaunting NCAA rules, or you know literally nothing and are trolling. I tend towards the latter, either way your contributions are useless. Robert feels the need to get in a slap fight with you despite you serving no useful purpose in this thread since "I know something you don't know" is literally knowing nothing and we could move on.

You know the truly best part of The Victory Press and The Ice Garden and other actual journalists covering women's hockey: I don't have to sift through this cesspool of digital personalities to find scraps of actual women's hockey news. Same thing with volleyball and its forum. Hopefully it continues and I can step out into the sunlight for good, but we're not there yet.

There are plenty of solid posters on this forum who provide interesting news and insightful commentary; they are regrettably more and more drowned out by the obnoxious posters who pose as insiders and scream in all caps about their aggrieved superiority issues.

Comment

Dude, you're beating a dead horse quoting rules you don't understand!

Comment

Dude, you're beating a dead horse quoting rules you don't understand!
                      What is it you think I have gotten wrong?

Comment

Doesn't seem like quite the high-profile transfers as in years past (yet). But certainly some great players available that will make an impact. Just another reason the Ivy League should form its own league since those schools aren't able to improve their teams using the transfer portal. The Ivies are just playing by a different set of rules.

Comment

Ivies should drop to D3 and join the NESCAC to REALLY mess with the pairwise to screw over the West! ;-)

Comment

What is it you think I have gotten wrong?
                            You both got it wrong! What you don't realize is Ohio state is paying high $$$$ for these transfers and no other school is willing to step up! This is the world of NIL. Just get used it or open up your wallet

Comment

Originally posted by RightbackatU View Post

You both got it wrong! What you don't realize is Ohio state is paying high $$$$ for these transfers and no other school is willing to step up! This is the world of NIL. Just get used it or open up your wallet
                              NIL has nothing to do with the 'contact' rules that apply to transfers and the timing of their presence in the portal. Nothing at all.

Once they're in the portal, contact them and offer as much money as you want. Prior to their entry into the portal, contacting them is a violation of NCAA rules.

Comment

Originally posted by RightbackatU View Post

I know for certain there has been absolutely ZERO money offered to girls to play at Ohio State! They do get a percentage of NIL from sales of their playing cards and jerseys with their names on them but that's basically pennies.
                                Every girl who transfered in this season came here because the positions were open and all of them said they fully believed it was their best chance to win a Natty before their college careers were over and they were right!
                                Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 03-27-2024, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X