Transfer Portal - 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jane Gervais has enrolled at Vermont.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernGopher218 View Post
      Hi everyone, I run the Transfer Portal over on Gopher Puck Live. We just added D3 to our page and are looking for help with collecting commitments from transfers. If you know of any players D1 or D3 transferring, replying to this forum or contacting me will be a great way of us being able to stay current with our page.

Thanks!

https://gopherpucklive.com/transfer-portal/
      Memphis Mertens (Franklin Pierce) to Concordia College-Moorhead. Mia Jutz (St. Olaf) to MSOE. Ashlea Arvidson (St. Scholastica) to Concordia College-Moorhead.
      Last edited by Dit Clapper; 06-20-2024, 10:05 AM.

Comment

• Anyone have any thoughts or insights on where Morrow might end up?
        I was told by a very knowledgeable person if she doesn't go to an Ivy League school she's crazy to walk away from what the degree from Colgate would do for her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post

3 of the 5 were players he had plans for next season, its only not the worst if the incoming talent can help them bounce back and win their first SUNYAC.

Considering where I heard Thompson was originally headed, Plattsburgh is lucky Cornell accepted her and she went with academics over hockey. A rival who excels in their use of offensive D players...
          I heard Olshansky is coming back. Is Wall planning on using the 5th year?

Comment

• Originally posted by VTpucksouteast View Post

I heard Olshansky is coming back. Is Wall planning on using the 5th year?
            My understanding is that both Wall and Olshansky are returning

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
              Anyone have any thoughts or insights on where Morrow might end up?
              I was told by a very knowledgeable person if she doesn't go to an Ivy League school she's crazy to walk away from what the degree from Colgate would do for her.
              It could be the classic case of picking the school for the coach. I know nothing of the situation. Colgate is a real good school.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                NorthernGopher218 for the transfer db:

Amelia LeBrun from Buff State to Rivier
                NorthernGopher218 I noticed that your spreadsheet updated her destination to UW-River Falls, not Rivier. Big difference between the two....the former are the defending champions and the latter are an upstart program in New Hampshire...

Comment

• Originally posted by Reddington View Post

It could be the classic case of picking the school for the coach. I know nothing of the situation. Colgate is a real good school.
                  I've been told you can do very well career wise with a degree from Colgate which makes me wonder is Morrow puting several years of college hockey ahead of the rest of her life? It will be very interesting where she ends up and if she'll finally be happy there.

Comment

• Nearly all the D1 hockey playing schools, and a good number of D3 schools, will offer career opportunities at least as good as Colgate, depending on the major and career goals for the student. For example I'd be willing to bet nearly all the RPI players who major in engineering will do much better financially than even the top PWHL players, even during their pro playing career. A good student at any of the top liberal arts schools (Colgate, a good number of NESCAC schools) will have a strong base to go to law/medical/business school. Same for anyone at any Ivy or B1G school. But a player can only play college hockey for a short period of time and should do everything they can to get the hockey experience they want.

Comment

• Lillian Caldwell - Salem State to Rivier

Comment

• Originally posted by Cornholio View Post
                        Nearly all the D1 hockey playing schools, and a good number of D3 schools, will offer career opportunities at least as good as Colgate, depending on the major and career goals for the student. For example I'd be willing to bet nearly all the RPI players who major in engineering will do much better financially than even the top PWHL players, even during their pro playing career. A good student at any of the top liberal arts schools (Colgate, a good number of NESCAC schools) will have a strong base to go to law/medical/business school. Same for anyone at any Ivy or B1G school. But a player can only play college hockey for a short period of time and should do everything they can to get the hockey experience they want.
                        Smart comment. I have known a number of RPI grads and they are all doing so well in their careers. The best advice for any young woman entering college hockey is to select a college that will give you a strong education and a good hockey experience.

Comment

• 2 more DIII to DIII:

Brittany Iverson from Endicott to SUNY Oswego
                          Jayden Kelly from SUNY Cortland to SUNY Oswego

Comment

• Another Oz transfer: 6' 2 forward Jenna Majewski from UMass-Boston to SUNY Oswego. Not very many 6'+ forwards in women's hockey, even fewer in DIII...most tall girls seem filter out to basketball or volleyball by college from my own observations

Comment

• Originally posted by Reddington View Post

I think Sydney Morrow picked Ohio State originally because she wanted to be a national champion and thought she'd be top 2 or 4 D her Soph year but then Nadine recruited Cayla Barnes and other more experienced 5th year Ds on the portal and she sensed she wouldn't get the playing time she deserved. Then she looked around and saw a need at Colgate which had a style and team with a lot of potential that met her criteria. The fact it's a respected academic school too is nice but if you want to be a professional hockey player less important. Unless I'm missing something the only reason she's on the portal is because Coach Fargo left. Gate has a real good but untested team this year, but no coach. At the top level of college players they want and expect to play for championships each year. If Colgate hires someone she feels can get her there, I bet she stays. If not she's gone but only to a team she feels can win it all...

A masters in astrogeophysics from Princeton can wait until her Olympic and pro careers are over...
                              Last edited by Oldtimer; 07-08-2024, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer View Post

I think Sydney Morrow picked Ohio State originally because she wanted to be a national champion and thought she'd be top 2 or 4 D her Soph year but then Nadine recruited Cayla Barnes and other more experienced 5th year Ds on the portal and she sensed she wouldn't get the playing time she deserved.
                                That's an unfortunate lapse of judgment on her part and she should have stayed at Ohio State to have that Championship. I can't help but wonder if she succumbed to the entitlement bug feeling she deserves more at Ohio State and didn't have the patience to EARN it.
                                If she were still here she probably would by now be on one of the top two lines and significant playing time and be in contention for more National Championship in her remaining two years. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
                                X