No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal - 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transfer Portal opens in 10 days and word is the Muzzinator is going to cherry pick it again!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
      Transfer Portal opens in 10 days and word is the Muzzinator is going to cherry pick it again!
      I think the portal for "one time exception" undergrad transfer opens a week from today. Grad transfers (and those experiencing coaching changes or scholarship changes) can enter anytime.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_...UG_Windows.pdf

Comment

I'm sure it's a done deal like last year for Ohio State's incoming transfers, just have to wait for the portal to open to make it official.
        Any idea on who those top forwards and defensemen will be?

Comment

I'm sure it's a done deal like last year for Ohio State's incoming transfers, just have to wait for the portal to open to make it official.
          Any idea on who those top forwards and defensemen will be?
          A "done deal" prior to a person entering the portal would be an NCAA recruiting violation.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post

A "done deal" prior to a person entering the portal would be an NCAA recruiting violation.
            I'm sure he's basing the "done deal" on the "wink wink" factor. You know: "We'll have to wait for the portal to open...wink wink".

Comment

You guys said the same thing last year when Ohio State's transfers were announced pretty much immediately so I guess no violation then either, right? (Wink)

Comment

You guys said the same thing last year when Ohio State's transfers were announced pretty much immediately so I guess no violation then either, right? (Wink)
                No, quite likely there were violations. Just ones that are very hard to prove.

Comment

I don't like the transfer portal. But those are the rules of the current game, unfortunately. And why wouldn't Muzzy try to attract top transfers? Her job is to put the best team on the ice and if a player out there makes them better she should try to get them. As a Badger fan it is hard for me to throw shade at Muzzy when some key performers over the years (Kristen Campbell, Darryl Watts, Kennedy Blair, Jesse Compfer, Anna Wiltgren) have transferred to the Badgers.

Wouldn't be surprised if Mark Johnson keeps his eye open for a potential transfer(s) especially if Wheeler and O'Brien decide not to come back.

Comment

When does the transfer portal open up for this years underclassmen to enter?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonzo View Post
                      I don't like the transfer portal. But those are the rules of the current game, unfortunately. And why wouldn't Muzzy try to attract top transfers? Her job is to put the best team on the ice and if a player out there makes them better she should try to get them. As a Badger fan it is hard for me to throw shade at Muzzy when some key performers over the years (Kristen Campbell, Darryl Watts, Kennedy Blair, Jesse Compfer, Anna Wiltgren) have transferred to the Badgers.

Wouldn't be surprised if Mark Johnson keeps his eye open for a potential transfer(s) especially if Wheeler and O'Brien decide not to come back.
                      In her pre Final Faceoff interview she was talking about how the transfer portal has changed things and any coach who doesn't adapt to it is behind the eight ball.

Comment

Originally posted by top cheese View Post
                        When does the transfer portal open up for this years underclassmen to enter?
                        Opens March 17
                        Closes April 30

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_...UG_Windows.pdf

Comment

. No, quite likely there were violations. Just ones that are very hard to prove.
                          It probably wouldn't be too hard to prove, just have to take a look at a person's cell phone. It is very brazen to do what they did, the smarter play is to let things sit quiet for a few days and then announce it. Sure wouldn't seem very fair if other coaches were playing by the rules and there was one who wasn't. I think that's worth looking into.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

It probably wouldn't be too hard to prove, just have to take a look at a person's cell phone. It is very brazen to do what they did, the smarter play is to let things sit quiet for a few days and then announce it. Sure wouldn't seem very fair if other coaches were playing by the rules and there was one who wasn't. I think that's worth looking into.
                            There was an interesting article, I think in The Athletic, where all the negotiations for transfers occur behind the scenes all during the year. It's carried out by the players' agents and representatives. By the time the transfer portal dates come, everyone knows what is going to happen. Applying to the portal is just a formality (and they are only applying because nine of out ten times, they know exactly what's going to happen.)
                            Russell Jaslow
                            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Two players who know each other from high school or 'club' (or national team camps, etc) texting back and forth isn't a violation. A coach 'suggesting' to a player that she text with her friend from high school or club would be a violation.
                              Last edited by robertearle; 03-11-2024, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bkruczynski View Post
                                portal has underclassmen in it now. what does march 17 signify?

Comment

Working...
                                X