X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• robertearle
    replied
    Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

I'd feel too guilty taking advantage of you on a sure thing. LOL!
    How can you be taking advantage of me when I'm the one who proposed it?

Do you want to bet on that?

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied
    Originally posted by robertearle View Post

Possibly. Possibly not.

Would you like to bet on that?
    I'd feel too guilty taking advantage of you on a sure thing. LOL!

Leave a comment:

• robertearle
    replied

And she'll have another next season!
    Possibly. Possibly not.

Would you like to bet on that?

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

Wheeler has two national championships, and in both of those final fours, she did in fact 'beat them".
    And she'll have another next season!

Leave a comment:

• robertearle
    replied
    I was talking today with one of our former captains from our men's team and he had a single comment about Wheeler committing to our program,
    "If you can't beat em, join em!"
    Wheeler has two national championships, and in both of those final fours, she did in fact 'beat them".

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied
    I was talking today with one of our former captains from our men's team and he had a single comment about Wheeler committing to our program,
    "If you can't beat em, join em!"

Leave a comment:

• Sierra
    replied

He's using two examples to claim that "OSU makes players better" is a "FACT!!!"

If you want to use specific examples to derive a general truth, you better hope there aren't counter-examples. I knew of two such counter-examples off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more.
    How about 8 years ....

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied
    Originally posted by Reddington View Post
    Yes, the amount of girls still out in the portal is an enigma. I would be interested in hearing theories on this.
    I would like to see the data year on year before I consider it an enigma. At this stage of the portal, is the number still not committed the usual amount any other year at this stage? Less? More? Without that data, we can't consider it to be an oddity or not.

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied
    Originally posted by OldDave View Post
    And as long as I am here, I wanted to comment about a post I saw a couple of weeks ago about some sports team making a profit. That would have been a serious mistake by the AD if true. Most (if not all) colleges and universities classify themselves as non-profits. As such, they have to offset every dollar of income with a dollar of "expense". Failure to do so would mean that donors to the school would lose the tax benefit they accrue with the donation. So every program has to create a couple of business units that are for-profit and can charge the non-profit entities for services rendered. For athletics, if you look at the cost an average student pays for classes and housing and meals (lets say $20,000) the "cost" of the equivalent services for an athlete will be listed at one and a half to twice that amount (say $37,000 in my example). So what are the profit centers in a typical university? Back when I last looked at this, university doctors were for-profit but university hospitals were not. There will be a for-profit business unit that owns all the copyrights and other income producing intellectual properties. University police and maintenance, facilities, travel agency, and a handful of others will all be for-profit.

Anyway, TMI for any one post.
    Non-profits can make a profit (heck, look at churches). It's what they do with the profit that is important in order to maintain their IRS non-profit status.

https://www.councilofnonprofits.org/...out-nonprofits

Leave a comment:

• robertearle
    replied

I don't get what point you're trying to make?
    He's using two examples to claim that "OSU makes players better" is a "FACT!!!"

If you want to use specific examples to derive a general truth, you better hope there aren't counter-examples. I knew of two such counter-examples off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

Now do comparisons for Sydney Morrow, and Makenna Webster.
    I don't get what point you're trying to make?

Leave a comment:

• robertearle
    replied
    Originally posted by Sierra View Post

B and B did more under OSU than at BC ... OSU makes players better ... FACT!!! Go BUCKS
    Now do comparisons for Sydney Morrow, and Makenna Webster.

Leave a comment:

• Sierra
    replied
    Originally posted by BackyardIce View Post

Likely 1st pick in the PWHL draft coming out of the ECAC. And don't lay claim to Bilka & Barnes either ... vast majority of their college careers played outside of the WCHA. Sure ... WCHA has a really strong top 3. (wink) (big smile)
    B and B did more under OSU than at BC ... OSU makes players better ... FACT!!! Go BUCKS

Leave a comment:

• robertearle
    replied
    Originally posted by Heynow View Post
    To my knowledge the best F in the portal, Natalie Mylinkova, has not committed yet.
    [Edited] Early on, Grant (aka TonyTheTiger) posted that she was maybe headed to Duluth. But yes, curious she has not committed somewhere.
    Last edited by robertearle; 05-02-2024, 03:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BackyardIce
    replied
    Originally posted by Sierra View Post

Wheeler playing in the WCHA makes her the best available. The WCHA is where the best compete.
    Likely 1st pick in the PWHL draft coming out of the ECAC. And don't lay claim to Bilka & Barnes either ... vast majority of their college careers played outside of the WCHA. Sure ... WCHA has a really strong top 3. (wink) (big smile)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X