Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patty Kazmaier 2024

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Haley Winn (Clarkson) and Kate Reilly (Quinnipiac) are both leading their teams in points per game and are defenders. Further recognition for D might be good!

    Kirsten Simms and Abbey Murphy are definitely worthy of inclusion.

    Comment


    • #32
      If you’re throwing defender names out there you can’t omit Ally Simpson and Syd Bard, both leaders among Colgate’s all time point earners and critical to the team’s success and leadership.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by jimmywallstreet View Post
        If you’re throwing defender names out there you can’t omit Ally Simpson and Syd Bard, both leaders among Colgate’s all time point earners and critical to the team’s success and leadership.
        Nice point, Colgate has some great players among the D.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by BackyardIce View Post
          TTT’s PW/NPI/SoS calculator doesn’t seem to have the same hiccup as USCHO, https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...rwise-rankings
          Yesterday, I happened to look 'underneath' at the grid of Pairwise comparisons at the USCHO web site and clicked on a couple of the comparisons. A little box pops up that is supposed to show the numbers for the two teams that make up the comparison. But none of them appeared to have anything for head-to-head or for 'common opponent' percentages. That is, it appears the USCHO Pairwise may not be the actual pairwise at all; more of a reprinting of the NPI ranking in a different format. Their grid show no pairs with any 'other' outcome besides straight 'NPI winner'.

          Contrast that with Grant's grid, which does show a few comparisons where the team with the lower NPI is still winning the pair. None of those affect the top ten or fifteen in the rankings (for the moment; it may for Wisconsin vs Minnesota by the time the season's over, eg.). But as we get closer to where this all does matter, it rather distressing that the USCHO appears to have such problems.
          Last edited by robertearle; 02-18-2024, 10:35 AM.

          Comment


          • #35
            Simms has run out a 7 point lead over 2 players and an 8 point lead over 4 more. She was clutch against the rodents.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

            Comment


            • #36
              Northeastern fifth-year Gwyneth Philips has a career save percentage of .958 currently. During Northeastern vs Vermont on Saturday, the broadcasters said that this would become the NCAA record career save percentage if she maintains it in the postseason. I had trouble finding who has the current record - does anyone have an idea?

              Philips was in the Patty Kaz top 10 last year.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by BowWowWow View Post
                Northeastern fifth-year Gwyneth Philips has a career save percentage of .958 currently. During Northeastern vs Vermont on Saturday, the broadcasters said that this would become the NCAA record career save percentage if she maintains it in the postseason. I had trouble finding who has the current record - does anyone have an idea?

                Philips was in the Patty Kaz top 10 last year.
                Wisconsin's Ann-Renee Desbiens ended her career with a .955 percent. That's gotta be pretty close.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Simms with an 8 pt lead over non WI players (61/53), but O'Brien is up to 2nd with 56. Philips is having a great season, with her being a Gr, it's probably her's.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    Philips is having a great season, with her being a Gr, it's probably her's.
                    In recent years, Northeastern has dominated HEA, and its top line has put up gaudy numbers. Before that, it was skaters from BC taking advantage of the Eagles dominance. Now? The top scorer from Hockey East is Ida Kuoppala of Maine who is tied for 20th; next is Natalie Mlynkova of UVM in a tie for 34th. Nobody else hits the top 49 (if I'm counting right) that College Hockey News shows.

                    I knew that the league was down in terms of teams being competitive, but I didn't realize that it was also slumping to that extent in terms of individual star power. There would be a certain irony in a Hockey East player then winning the Kaz.

                    Historically, this award hasn't been distributed equitably any more than the NCAA trophy has. Look at the ECAC, where the last three players from the league to win were all from Clarkson. Before that, you have to go back to 2008 when Harvard won the last of its six Kaz awards. The only other winner from an ECAC team was Ali Brewer in 2000. It would be nice to see someone like Izzy Daniel at least reach the top three.

                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      That's very true about how Hockey East is down. I am not expecting for Philips to win the Patty Kaz award - but maybe it wouldn't be too surprising if she's in the top 10?

                      Of course, more than recognizing the statistics, getting an award must recognize how their team is doing and their competitive results. Nicole Haase also talked in a podcast about how they look at conference-game numbers in particular.

                      Maybe O'Brien wins the Patty Kaz? We'll see. : ) I do want to plug for ECAC top scorers Sarah Fillier and Izzy Daniel.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        The last Patty Kaz winner whose team didn't make the Frozen Four was Daryl Watts in 2018, and the last winner whose team didn't make the tournament at all was Brooke Whitney for Northeastern in 2002 when the tournament only had four teams.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by BadgerPete View Post
                          The last Patty Kaz winner whose team didn't make the Frozen Four was Daryl Watts in 2018, and the last winner whose team didn't make the tournament at all was Brooke Whitney for Northeastern in 2002 when the tournament only had four teams.
                          In 2018, Wisconsin lost to Colgate in the National semifinal, and Colgate then lost to Clarkson in the final.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by robertearle View Post

                            In 2018, Wisconsin lost to Colgate in the National semifinal, and Colgate then lost to Clarkson in the final.
                            Boston College wasn't in the Frozen Four, though; they lost in the quarterfinals. Daryl Watts was on Boston College then!

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by BowWowWow View Post

                              Boston College wasn't in the Frozen Four, though; they lost in the quarterfinals. Daryl Watts was on Boston College then!
                              Yup, my mistake. I'm off on the year she transferred.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by robertearle View Post

                                Yup, my mistake. I'm off on the year she transferred.
                                Something notable also about her winning the award was that she did so as a freshman - which stands out similarly to me to Jack Eichel winning the Hobey Baker award.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X