Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2023-24: D3whky

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
    With Northland alumni only donating $200k of a $12 million need, it looks like that's it for them.

    Hopefully there's a school like Dubuque where they have a nearby rink and an appetite two take on two teams to boost their own enrollment.

    Anyone out west know who's nearby?
    When Finlandia closed, there was a "race" of sorts to try and start up a program faster between Dubuque and local rival Wartburg (located in Waverly, Iowa), as they were both rumored to be interested in starting hockey. I'm wondering if this will help jumpstart their efforts to start up men's and women's hockey. The nearest rink would be about 20-30 minutes from campus, unlike Dubuque, but we'll see if this could be a possibility.

    Comment


    • It will be interesting to see if Coach Moore can recruit effectively in Dubuque. She has the passion and dedication needed to take on that tall task, so I really hope she pulls it off. To see them complete a season with 12 skaters was an accomplishment in itself. It's also exciting to see college hockey expanding to Iowa in any form. Definitely not going to be an easy road, but have to start somewhere.

      Comment


      • Heard rumors of this one and it was made official on Instagram today: Plattsburgh is losing their top returning forward Zsofia Pazmandi to Division 1 Lindenwood

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
          Heard rumors of this one and it was made official on Instagram today: Plattsburgh is losing their top returning forward Zsofia Pazmandi to Division 1 Lindenwood
          Yikes.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Bill-R- View Post

            Yikes.
            YIKES, going to Lindenwood.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by DTOM View Post

              YIKES, going to Lindenwood.
              Good or bad on the ice they have scholarships

              Comment


              • SUNYAC adds William Smith on women's side; Hobart & Skidmore for men

                https://www.sunyacsports.com/general...20240410jdu4v5

                This is the 2025-26 setup (for right now), not 2024-25.

                CCC

                Curry
                Endicott
                Johnson & Wales
                Nichols
                Suffolk
                UNE
                Western New England

                Independent
                Hilbert
                St. John Fisher

                Little East (no auto-bid until 2027-28)
                Castleton
                Keene State
                New England College
                Plymouth State
                Southern Maine
                UMass Boston

                MAC
                Alvernia
                Arcadia
                Hood
                King's
                Lebanon Valley
                Neuman
                Stevenson
                Wilkes

                MASCAC (no auto-bid until 2027-28)
                Anna Maria
                Framingham State
                MCLA
                Rivier
                Salem State
                Worcester State

                MIAC
                Augsburg
                Bethel
                Concordia (MN)
                Gustavus
                Hamline
                Saint Benedict
                Saint Mary's
                St. Catherine
                St. Olaf
                St. Scholastica

                NCHA
                Adrian
                Aurora
                Concordia (WI)
                Dubuque
                Lake Forest
                Lawrence
                Marian
                MSOE
                St. Norbert
                Trine

                NEHC (keeps auto-bid until end of 2026-27)
                Albertus Magnus
                Elmira
                Norwich
                Salve Regina

                NESCAC
                Amherst
                Bowdoin
                Colby
                Connecticut College
                Hamilton
                Middlebury
                Trinity
                Wesleyan
                Williams

                SUNYAC
                Buffalo State
                Canton
                Cortland
                Morrisville
                Oswego
                Plattsburgh
                Potsdam
                William Smith

                UCHC (keeps auto-bid until end of 2025-26)
                Chatham
                Manhattanville
                Nazareth
                Utica

                WIAC
                UW-Eau Claire
                UW-River Falls
                UW-Stevens Point
                UW-Superior
                (maybe Northland)

                Comment


                • Worth noting that if the Empire 8 starts women's hockey, they have:

                  Elmira
                  Nazareth
                  St. John Fisher
                  Utica

                  I can see them going after Hilbert easily as an affiliate member, giving them 5. The question is, can they get a sixth to start a program?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by VTpucksouteast View Post
                    Worth noting that if the Empire 8 starts women's hockey, they have:

                    Elmira
                    Nazareth
                    St. John Fisher
                    Utica

                    I can see them going after Hilbert easily as an affiliate member, giving them 5. The question is, can they get a sixth to start a program?
                    My guess is they bring Chatham in as an affiliate as well…

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by VTpucksouteast View Post
                      SUNYAC adds William Smith on women's side; Hobart & Skidmore for men

                      https://www.sunyacsports.com/general...20240410jdu4v5

                      This is the 2025-26 setup (for right now), not 2024-25.

                      CCC

                      Curry
                      Endicott
                      Johnson & Wales
                      Nichols
                      Suffolk
                      UNE
                      Western New England

                      Independent
                      Hilbert
                      St. John Fisher

                      Little East (no auto-bid until 2027-28)
                      Castleton
                      Keene State
                      New England College
                      Plymouth State
                      Southern Maine
                      UMass Boston

                      MAC
                      Alvernia
                      Arcadia
                      Hood
                      King's
                      Lebanon Valley
                      Neuman
                      Stevenson
                      Wilkes

                      MASCAC (no auto-bid until 2027-28)
                      Anna Maria
                      Framingham State
                      MCLA
                      Rivier
                      Salem State
                      Worcester State

                      MIAC
                      Augsburg
                      Bethel
                      Concordia (MN)
                      Gustavus
                      Hamline
                      Saint Benedict
                      Saint Mary's
                      St. Catherine
                      St. Olaf
                      St. Scholastica

                      NCHA
                      Adrian
                      Aurora
                      Concordia (WI)
                      Dubuque
                      Lake Forest
                      Lawrence
                      Marian
                      MSOE
                      St. Norbert
                      Trine

                      NEHC (keeps auto-bid until end of 2026-27)
                      Albertus Magnus
                      Elmira
                      Norwich
                      Salve Regina

                      NESCAC
                      Amherst
                      Bowdoin
                      Colby
                      Connecticut College
                      Hamilton
                      Middlebury
                      Trinity
                      Wesleyan
                      Williams

                      SUNYAC
                      Buffalo State
                      Canton
                      Cortland
                      Morrisville
                      Oswego
                      Plattsburgh
                      Potsdam
                      William Smith

                      UCHC (keeps auto-bid until end of 2025-26)
                      Chatham
                      Manhattanville
                      Nazareth
                      Utica

                      WIAC
                      UW-Eau Claire
                      UW-River Falls
                      UW-Stevens Point
                      UW-Superior
                      (maybe Northland)
                      The NEHC is folding after the 2024-25 season so those 4 programs will be looking for new homes.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

                      Comment


                      • Going to be awkward for Salve to try and rejoin the CCC after just leaving….

                        I think Norwich ends up in the LEC though they were trying to hold out until the LEC got a Pool A for the women…I think Albertus Magnus ends up there too

                        Elmira goes to the UCHC/E8


                        As mentioned above I think Chatham sticks with the Empire 8/UCHC Women…if it does go to the E8 will Manhattanville also stay or do they try to figure something out as part of the MAC?

                        CCC
                        Curry
                        Endicott
                        Johnson & Wales
                        Nichols
                        Suffolk
                        UNE
                        Western New England
                        Salve Regina

                        Empire 8 (two years for an auto bid)
                        Hilbert
                        St. John Fisher
                        Utica
                        Nazareth
                        Chatham
                        Elmira

                        Little East (no auto-bid until 2027-28)
                        Castleton
                        Keene State
                        New England College
                        Plymouth State
                        Southern Maine
                        UMass Boston
                        Norwich
                        Albertus Magnus

                        MAC
                        Alvernia
                        Arcadia
                        Hood
                        King's
                        Lebanon Valley
                        Neuman
                        Stevenson
                        Wilkes
                        Manhattanville

                        MASCAC (no auto-bid until 2027-28)
                        Anna Maria
                        Framingham State
                        MCLA
                        Rivier
                        Salem State
                        Worcester State

                        MIAC
                        Augsburg
                        Bethel
                        Concordia (MN)
                        Gustavus
                        Hamline
                        Saint Benedict
                        Saint Mary's
                        St. Catherine
                        St. Olaf
                        St. Scholastica

                        NCHA
                        Adrian
                        Aurora
                        Concordia (WI)
                        Dubuque
                        Lake Forest
                        Lawrence
                        Marian
                        MSOE
                        St. Norbert
                        Trine

                        NESCAC
                        Amherst
                        Bowdoin
                        Colby
                        Connecticut College
                        Hamilton
                        Middlebury
                        Trinity
                        Wesleyan
                        Williams

                        SUNYAC
                        Buffalo State
                        Canton
                        Cortland
                        Morrisville
                        Oswego
                        Plattsburgh
                        Potsdam
                        William Smith

                        WIAC
                        UW-Eau Claire
                        UW-River Falls
                        UW-Stevens Point
                        UW-Superior
                        (maybe Northland)

                        Comment


                        • Elmira will not be in NEHC in 25-26.
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

                          Comment


                          • Is it 6:1 access for Pool B bids too? Are we looking at 3 or 4 Pool B bids until the Pool A bids kick in? I count 24 teams without access to Pool A for a couple of years...
                            Steve
                            Penn State Class of '95
                            Plattsburgh State Class of '99

                            If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by spwood View Post
                              Is it 6:1 access for Pool B bids too? Are we looking at 3 or 4 Pool B bids until the Pool A bids kick in? I count 24 teams without access to Pool A for a couple of years...
                              It still needs one more approval but NCAA DIII has voted to eliminate Pool B so there will only be automatic bids and at-large once that passes.

                              Comment


                              • Hilbert College (Hamburg NY) joins UCHC women's conference in 25/26.

                                https://theuchc.com/news/2024/5/15/g...n-2025-26.aspx
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

                                ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

                                Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

                                I want to live forever. So far, so good.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X