• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post

Yes, wise words Nate
    ONCE AGAIN.. Tell that to the Gustavus seniors

Comment

• Originally posted by VTpucksouteast View Post

ONCE AGAIN.. Tell that to the Gustavus seniors
      Exactly. No banquet. No awards. No frills. No media. No recognition. Why?? Geography. **** the west because they are the west.

Comment

• Don’t know how I feel about these Adrian uniforms…

Comment

• Similar to last week, first PP for the Falcons is a bit of a phantom one. Bit of an acting job.

Comment

• 2-1 Bulldogs going into Period 3. River Falls dominating, outshooting AC, 2-1, but the Falcons’ recent kryptonite is showing its colors. Weak goaltending has been the story for years. GAC has been the black and gold team to notch the goals
            as of late. Today it’s Adrian. Way too many sloppy saves on RF’s part. There were a truckload vs. Gustavus as well, but they couldn’t take advantage.

Comment

• Just under 6 minutes into the 3rd, McCollins ties it for UWRF. Absolutely horrendous goal given up by the AC goaltender. Looked more like a pass than a shot. Not a great moment for it, but we’ll see how she responds

Comment

• Domination finally pays off. Shots are 45-22 and they finally bang one home

Comment

• Great deception play by the Falcons to open up the post and score the game-winner late in the third.

I'm kind of reminded of the 2014 tournament, where the season-long favorite had a really close semi (OT for that one). We'll see on Sunday if the Falcons can complete the second half of that parallel or if Elmira can shock everyone.

Comment

• Whoa, was that a great day of hockey or what? Elmira, which was the second to worst Pairwise team # 15 in the field at the start, has now beat the GREAT NESCAC #'s 4 Amherst and then today # 7 Middlebury, can you say overrated. And it just proves that Pairwise works, Elmira wins one or two games and moves up 7 places! Almost can't wait till Sunday, will UWRF run the table or Elmira complete the Cinderella story? My money is on UWRF but I think Elmira would be a very worthy runner up. Also by the way, UWRF is putting on a great event.
                    4 & 20 The All-American Sister's
                    SNC 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, & 2018 Mens DIII NCAA Champions & they have Women's Hockey

Comment

• I'm not sure what you guys want here. If the NCAA (and the member institutions - including the western ones) wanted a no-nonsense best of the best battle royal tournament, they wouldn't have automatic qualifiers. That's not what the NCAA (and the member institutions) elected to sponsor. They have a format for a tournament (and all of the members know the rules), which includes limitations to travel. They set up the bracket according to those rules and the teams play. If the Gustavus seniors (or the Adrian seniors, or the River Falls seniors) didn't like the rules, they should have played elsewhere. Whining here on this board is not going to change a system that the aggrieved parties have helped put in place. Swearing at the rest of us that understand the system isn't going to change anything either.

There are far fewer western teams than eastern teams in the NCAA. That means every year the west will either be over-represented (if there are two western teams in the Final Four) or under-represented (if there is just one). There is no way to accurately field a final four with the split of teams now at 2-1 (east-west).
                      Steve
                      Penn State Class of '95
                      Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post
                        I'm not sure what you guys want here. If the NCAA (and the member institutions - including the western ones) wanted a no-nonsense best of the best battle royal tournament, they wouldn't have automatic qualifiers. That's not what the NCAA (and the member institutions) elected to sponsor. They have a format for a tournament (and all of the members know the rules), which includes limitations to travel. They set up the bracket according to those rules and the teams play. If the Gustavus seniors (or the Adrian seniors, or the River Falls seniors) didn't like the rules, they should have played elsewhere. Whining here on this board is not going to change a system that the aggrieved parties have helped put in place. Swearing at the rest of us that understand the system isn't going to change anything either.

There are far fewer western teams than eastern teams in the NCAA. That means every year the west will either be over-represented (if there are two western teams in the Final Four) or under-represented (if there is just one). There is no way to accurately field a final four with the split of teams now at 2-1 (east-west).
                        Well maybe the River Falls, Gustavus, and Adrian seniors thought with how much the sport has grown in its infancy, and has had so, so much committed to it by the schools, MAYBE just MAYBE the NCAA would actually start treating it like an actual sport and some sideshow. Pretty safe assumption on those girls’ part. Sadly, they were misinformed that somehow, the NCAA STILL hasn’t fixed the number one problem.

Comment

• When every single article, public post you see is bashing the process on the men’s and women’s side, maybe the few sticklers on a FORUM should take off the Cardinal, I mean rose-tinted glasses and take a good look around. Egregious.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHockey98 View Post
                            When every single article, public post you see is bashing the process on the men’s and women’s side, maybe the few sticklers on a FORUM should take off the Cardinal, I mean rose-tinted glasses and take a good look around. Egregious.
                            Any chance that you guys complaining about the process are the "few sticklers"? And do you seriously believe that the students went to GAC/River Falls thought the whole NCAA process would change to their benefit while they were in school? I highly doubt they "assumed" the whole NCAA tournament process was going to change during their time in school. Women's hockey is treated as any other NCAA sport. You should look closely at the D3 basketball boards. They complain all the time about ranked teams meeting early in the tourney due to travel restrictions. And that's in a 64 team tournament...
                            Steve
                            Penn State Class of '95
                            Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post

Any chance that you guys complaining about the process are the "few sticklers"? And do you seriously believe that the students went to GAC/River Falls thought the whole NCAA process would change to their benefit while they were in school? I highly doubt they "assumed" the whole NCAA tournament process was going to change during their time in school. Women's hockey is treated as any other NCAA sport. You should look closely at the D3 basketball boards. They complain all the time about ranked teams meeting early in the tourney due to travel restrictions. And that's in a 64 team tournament...
                              We live in different times man. This sport as a whole is miles different than it was 5 years ago. Also we have had unprecedented rule changes lightning quick. Everyone agrees it’s long past time for the NCAA to be proactive and not reactive. The process is so widely criticized it’s amazing y’all are defending it til its death. I guess I’d be the same way if teams I cheered for reaped the benefits and suckled the rewards for decades.

Comment

• Plans could change of course, but Adrian coach Shawn Skelly said all seniors plan on coming back for their fifth year. Just one more year of this..

Comment

Working...
                                X