No announcement yet.

2023-24: D3whky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Middlebury leads Plattsburgh 1-0, Midd took advantage of forcing the 4th line in the D zone and got a beautiful snipe past Nease. Cardinals not looking very cohesive offensively outside their 2nd powerplay of the period.

Adrian leads Hamilton 2-1.

River Falls leads Gustavus 1-0.

Elmira and Amherst scoreless

Comment

• GAC tied it at 1.

Midd added another on what started as a 2 on 2 rush. Flynn came in behind the play to give the Panthers the numbers advantage and the freshman finished it with another great shot.

Edit: Elmira takes the lead on Amherst

Edit 2: everyone done with the 2nd now:

River Falls and Gustavus tied at 1.
      Adrian added another to make it 3-1 over Hamilton.

Middlebury still frustrating the anemic Cardinals offense at 2-0.
      Elmira has a 1-0 advantage on the 2023 runner ups Amherst.

Last edited by Scott_TG; 03-09-2024, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• River Falls takes the lead, Adrian adds one to make it 4-1 and Amherst has tied it up.

Comment

• River Falls, Adrian and Middlebury all advance. Elmira and Amherst to OT.

Plattsburgh's streak of semifinal appearances ends at 10. A truly phenomenal run that I'm not sure any program will replicate given the growth of women's hockey in both divisions.

Comment

• Lenzen in OT for Elmira, Stott was taken by surprise for some reason granted the shot was a beauty.

100% turnover for the frozen four from 2023

Adrian vs River Falls
            Elmira vs Middlebury

Comment

• Elmira/Midd Winner will get buttrraped by Rivwr Falls. Legitimate argument top 4 teams are River Falls/Gustavus/Eau Claire/Adrian

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                River Falls, Adrian and Middlebury all advance. Elmira and Amherst to OT.

Plattsburgh's streak of semifinal appearances ends at 10. A truly phenomenal run that I'm not sure any program will replicate given the growth of women's hockey in both divisions.
                Tell Houle to empty his pockets, and then I’ll believe what you said.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHockey98 View Post

Tell Houle to empty his pockets, and then I’ll believe what you said.
                  Dude got every SINGLE call in that game and still lost. Plattsburgh gets as much undeserved
                  credit as the 1919 Cincinnati Reds

Comment

• Originally posted by SHockey98 View Post
                    Elmira/Midd Winner will get buttrraped by Rivwr Falls. Legitimate argument top 4 teams are River Falls/Gustavus/Eau Claire/Adrian
                    Eau Claire got mollywopped by an otherwise underwhelming Plattsburgh squad and barely beat an Endicott team that couldn't make their conference final let alone the NCAA tourney.

I expect the River Falls/Adrian winner to have an advantage over Middlebury in the final but to act like Eau Claire belongs in the conversation is a farce.

The semifinal has 3 of the top 5 teams all season and the hottest team at the moment (Midd, outscoring teams 21-1 since the start of conference playoffs) and all you guys do is complain.

Do western fans even like their own programs or are they more just haters? Don't celebrate their own successes, completely silent during the games, and the first thing they have to say is to attack Plattsburgh...

Comment

Eau Claire got mollywopped by an otherwise underwhelming Plattsburgh squad and barely beat an Endicott team that couldn't make their conference final let alone the NCAA tourney.

I expect the River Falls/Adrian winner to have an advantage over Middlebury in the final but to act like Eau Claire belongs in the conversation is a farce.

The semifinal has 3 of the top 5 teams all season and the hottest team at the moment (Midd, outscoring teams 21-1 since the start of conference playoffs) and all you guys do is complain.

Do western fans even like their own programs or are they more just haters? Don't celebrate their own successes, completely silent during the games, and the first thing they have to say is to attack Plattsburgh...
                      Actually the results this weekend and last prove what we've said all year. The NESCAC is overrated, GAC and UWRF shouldn't have to face each other in the QF's, and a 4th team from the West should be let in. Especially when Adrian isn't really in the West....more in the middle of nowhere.

UWEC was a completely different team down the stretch, first half of the year their D was atrocious and would agree they didn't perform. I still wouldn't put them in the top 4, but Hamilton deserved the nod instead? Guess we ignore that part. They were more competitive vs UWRF than Adrian was, and Adrian didn't have any trouble walking all over Hamilton.

I was at the GAC UWRF game, so that's why I was silent! Great game, 1,700 fans, the place was rocking....so I think Western fans are doing alright.

Comment

This tournament’s a ****ing sham. If you want to limit West teams then do it already. East hockey is on a different level. UWRF will rail the rest of this tournament. JDHack is right. Gustavus is at MINIMUM a top 3 team. The only team that has an argument at runner-up is Adrian. Gusties or Bulldogs would annihilate these softies. Shameful the NCAA denied Gustavus a chance at all the attention and glory. After what happened last offseason.. they need change NOW. No more crap. Just change it. Actually despicable they have to go through this
                        Last edited by SHockey98; 03-10-2024, 11:26 AM.

Comment

• Sorry for stoking the flame.....now back to our original programming. How bout those Falcons!

Comment

• Regarding a new measure to approve flights to separate high seeds in the early rounds of NCAA tourneys keeps getting pushed by the DIII Championships Committee. It is now supposed to be debated on their 3/19 video conference that's ahead of that committee's meeting with the NCAA Finance Committee/Board/People that approves money for their new measures...

Comment

• Originally posted by JDHack51 View Post
                              Sorry for stoking the flame.....now back to our original programming. How bout those Falcons!
                              I put them in the unassailable favorite category with the 2016 Cardinals and 2022 Panthers after that first GAC game. Adrian might be able to, Midd as hot as they are might have a chance, but it would seemingly take a perfect perfomance from either of them and a bad one from the Falcons for anyone else to hoist the trophy. McCollins is the next best contestant for the first national championship game hat trick.

Comment

• If River Falls (currently 29-0) runs the table they would be the first NCAA Division lll women's hockey team to win 30 + games. Middlebury, the last undefeated champion in 2022, could be the final hurdle next Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X