Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WCHA 2023-2024 Calamity Or Calmness?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

    Would she steal my concession purchase and leave my daughters alone? Or take both of them?
    That is the question...I think you know the answer...
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

    Comment


    • The lumberjills lead the chihuahuas 1-0 close to midway through the 3rd period...Chihuahuas outshooting the lumberjills 36-11 as of now...
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

      Comment


      • With about 5 minutes left in the 3rd period the Chihuahuas put one in the back of the net to tie it 1-1.

        And the Chihuahuas score again with just over 2 minutes left to take the lead 2-1. Averting disaster...
        Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 10-27-2023, 04:54 PM.
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

        Comment


        • Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
          With about 5 minutes left in the 3rd period the Chihuahuas put one in the back of the net to tie it 1-1.

          And the Chihuahuas score again with just over 2 minutes left to take the lead 2-1. Averting disaster...
          I turned it on just after the start of the 3rd period, and thought "Holy ----!". I thought about posting something, but didn't want to jinx it. (So, yeah, I am blaming you :-) A shame that Bemidji got that close, but couldn't finish.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by robertearle View Post

            I turned it on just after the start of the 3rd period, and thought "Holy ----!". I thought about posting something, but didn't want to jinx it. (So, yeah, I am blaming you :-) A shame that Bemidji got that close, but couldn't finish.
            I'll take the blame... I think BSU is making some strides as they work their way through a tough schedule.

            Just got home from being out for dinner and see that the yuckeyes needed OT to best the tunnelers. That wrecks TimothyA's pick of the tunnelers sweep.

            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

            Comment


            • Wow, all yesterdays games were closer than anyone thought they would be.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

              Comment


              • Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

                Just got home from being out for dinner and see that the yuckeyes needed OT to best the tunnelers. That wrecks TimothyA's pick of the tunnelers sweep.
                Blame Timothy for our win, he keeps giving us great locker room material.

                Comment


                • I'll say this for the Tunnelers, Murphy made some amazing plays and accounted for two of their three goals but that's what she does.

                  Comment


                  • Last year during the radio broadcast of the championship game, Badger goalie coach Mark Greenhalgh pointed out how the Buckeyes were regularly setting up in the faceoff circle with their feet much too far forward and their heads over the faceoff dot, to the point where the linesman essentially had no room to even drop the puck, and it was resulting in a real advantage in faceoffs won. So they let the refs know, and as the game wore on, that Buckeye advantage disappeared.

                    So just now, I'm watching the Minnesota-Ohio St game, and again the Buckeyes are regularly way forward as they take faceoffs. And the linemen aren't doing anything about it. But then later on in the third period, one lineman finally does call a faceoff delay of game penalty.... on a Gopher player. What?!?

                    Don't believe me? Go watch the video. Watch the faceoff circles the next time you're watching an Ohio State game.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                      Last year during the radio broadcast of the championship game, Badger goalie coach Mark Greenhalgh pointed out how the Buckeyes were regularly setting up in the faceoff circle with their feet much too far forward and their heads over the faceoff dot, to the point where the linesman essentially had no room to even drop the puck, and it was resulting in a real advantage in faceoffs won. So they let the refs know, and as the game wore on, that Buckeye advantage disappeared.

                      So just now, I'm watching the Minnesota-Ohio St game, and again the Buckeyes are regularly way forward as they take faceoffs. And the linemen aren't doing anything about it. But then later on in the third period, one lineman finally does call a faceoff delay of game penalty.... on a Gopher player. What?!?

                      Don't believe me? Go watch the video. Watch the faceoff circles the next time you're watching an Ohio State game.
                      Maltais was guilty of that literally everytime she was in the faceoff dot.

                      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

                        Maltais was guilty of that literally everytime she was in the faceoff dot.
                        I looked up the numbers from the championship game. First period OSU won faceoffs 13-to-7, second period OSU 9-to-7, and third period UW won 11-to-7.

                        Comment


                        • I can understand FiveHole having feelings on the faceoff penalty but for you Sinners fans chirping nonsense about it I can only attribute it to fear and envy. (BigGrin)

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                            I can understand FiveHole having feelings on the faceoff penalty but for you Sinners fans chirping nonsense about it I can only attribute it to fear and envy. (BigGrin)
                            It's a football team regularly lining up offsides, and the refs not doing anything about it.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                              I can understand FiveHole having feelings on the faceoff penalty but for you Sinners fans chirping nonsense about it I can only attribute it to fear and envy. (BigGrin)
                              But that's the thing, due to what I had going on this weekend I wasn't able to see any of the game action (Just now going to watch the replays of the OSU/MN games this weekend on Big10 plus) so I didn't even know about the penalty until Robertearle mentioned it and I just commented on how Maltais was a good example of what he was pointing out.

                              It's more of an issue for me, that the tunnelers gave up over 50 shots each game to the yuckeyes. Not good, but there is a talent gap between these two teams so I guess it isn't that surprising. And that is not sandbagging...


                              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

                              Comment


                              • Hey Tommie Bahamas, You've got a internal #7 problem. As much as opposing fans don't like the tunnelers' Abby Murphy for for her agressiveness and chirping, that is what it is. It's not at the level that Sajavic is displaying right now. The hit on Saturday, as it happens, you see ocassionaly, but it was the follow through to drive the sinner player into the boards that was very uncalled for. And unlike the yuckeye player that faked going down like a sack of potatoes against the chihuahuas, this was a player who was hurt.

                                The sinners are going through a rough patch with injuries right now and especially with #4 out, they are less formidable as an opponent.
                                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X