No announcement yet.

WCHA 2023-2024 Calamity Or Calmness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was wondering if the WCHA refs were assigned regionally. With OSU being the easternmost team in the conference by a significant distance we don't seem to get much variation in our officiating crews unless I'm mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerPete View Post
      From a home ice perspective, I don't know if I've seen one at Labahn (or the Kohl Center, Eagle's Nest, etc before) but Brenda Reinen has been on the lines many many many times. It may be a regional element that there isn't a specifically local one compared to the likely wealth of available refs in the Twin Cities.
      I clearly recall seeing Hanrahan do games at LaBahn. Wrazidlo seems familiar, like she has done a game or 2 over the years, but maybe not recently. The name is kinda unforgettable.

I think the linesmen are local and the refs are strategically assigned. How else does Ludwig only end up doing OSU and MN games at LaBahn?
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
        This worries me, because robertearle is one of the few trustworthy sources of WCHA history. I think I'd trust him with complete amnesia over Timothy's recollections.
        I would too, except in this case he's actually wrong and I am actually right.

Comment

WCHA recruiting update...

The lumberjills or diggers and chewers(BSU)...Whichever you prefer, get a commitment from Minnetonka High school goalie Ashlyn Hazlett for 2025. USA hockey experience...Very nice pickup for them
          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I would too, except in this case he's actually wrong and I am actually right.
            I'm often wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post

I'm often wrong.
              Nope.

Comment

We had that one female ref quite often one year. The one who never, ever blew her whistle no matter how blatant the infraction. She was an equal-opportunity never-make-a-call ref. Was that Hanrahan? She had long-ish hair. I knew her name at the time but it's gone now.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  I think the linesmen are local and the refs are strategically assigned. How else does Ludwig only end up doing OSU and MN games at LaBahn?
                  We get Iffland as a linesman more often than not.
                  Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 10-18-2023, 10:16 PM.

Comment

OK, I decided to not go by my flawed memory and looked up the stats from last season. Here are how many weekend series we had for refs & linesmen at our home games.

Referees - Pone-3, Bradshaw-3, Kahler-2, Ludwig-2, Ryhorchuk-1, Olson-1, Binkley-4, Shult-2, Paulson-1

Linesmen - Iffland-9, Hoyles-3, Katrinak-5, Kieffer-1

Comment

In the last few days the tunnelers have picked up two forward commitments for 2025. One from Czechia forward Tereza Plosova and one from Canadian forward Sienna D'Allesandro.
                      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

In the last few days the tunnelers have picked up two forward commitments for 2025. One from Czechia forward Tereza Plosova and one from Canadian forward Sienna D'Allesandro.
                        I do find it interesting that of Minnesota's six 2025 recruits, only one is an in-stater. Huge departure from previous years. Trying to imagine the pearl-clutching if that ever happened for the men's team.

Comment

Originally posted by eastcoastgopher View Post

I do find it interesting that of Minnesota's six 2025 recruits, only one is an in-stater. Huge departure from previous years. Trying to imagine the pearl-clutching if that ever happened for the men's team.
                          Maybe because the Muzzinator is poaching Minnesota talent? (Wink)

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

Maybe because the Muzzinator is poaching Minnesota talent? (Wink)
                            If you look at the transfers that all Minnesota teams added this year, many of whom comment that they wanted to be closer to home, you would see that Minnesota the state has enough talent to go all over the country. The young ladies in high school with dreams of hockey success take their chances where they can.
                            Hopefully with a professional product gaining media acceptance and market penetration there will be a real future for women's hockey outside of the traditional centers of development. We on this forum may be lone voices fighting for respect over a niche sport now, but what an exciting time it was to watch the PWHL draft. Being in Ridder on Tuesday night, and seeing all the girls enjoying the game, maybe dreaming their own dreams of on ice achievement, what a great time to be a fan of women's hockey. Our day will come!

Comment

Originally posted by eastcoastgopher View Post
                              If he's not getting the players he wants from MN, or if the talent level he seeks is not there, he has to get them from somewhere. Obviously UW has no boundaries for recruiting and that works from time to time.

Comment

With the Muzzinator holding an Ohio State hockey camp in Minnesota this past summer her intent couldn't be clearer she's going after Minnesota talent. With her being a women's hockey legend in Minnesota I'm sure there's some star appeal to the young ladies.

Comment

Working...
                                X