Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WCHA 2023-2024 Calamity Or Calmness?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by robertearle View Post
    . Yes, it's trolling. But it's trolling you guys set yourselves up for, when you post stuff like 'Muzz gets all the recruits she goes after', or whatever the exact quote was.
    ...
    The only reason I posted that is because of the point of you exactly made. The Muzzy bravado gets to be a bit much. If they set it up, it really can't be trolling. I set myself up for funny remarks to be about me all the time.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      I set myself up for funny remarks to be about me all the time.
      I'll let FiveHole take the lead on that, he seems to relish the hissing match. LOL!
      Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 10-08-2023, 04:28 PM.

      Comment


      • #48
        I was hoping to see what the Duluth fans had to say about the upcoming series against Ohio State but I guess there's no UMD thread?

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          Lots of N/C this weekend....
          BC at UW - why couldn't this series have been played 5 years ago?
          UM at RIT - bloodbath
          St. Cloud at Mercyhurst - Fascinating series as Mercyhurst is picked by some to win the CHA.
          Lindenwood at St. Thomas - great barometer game for St. Thomas (and Lindenwood)
          LIU at UMD - bloodbath II
          RPI at BSU - RPI and BSU are a bit equal on paper, but BSU got swept by Lindenwood?!?!
          MSU at Sacred Heart - Not sure what to make of any NEWHA team vs a WCHA bottom 4 team.

          Looks like a 4 loss weekend for the wcha.

          I boldly predict OSU will only have 1 win after 2 weekends of regular season hockey.
          UW beat the tar out of BC
          UM whipped RIT
          UMD crushed LIU
          MSU pasted Sacred Heart
          Tommies semi comfortably sweep Lindenwood
          BSU loses/ties RPI (BSU IS that bad I guess)
          Cloudsters split with Mercy, outshooting them in both games

          This week. Cupcakes season is over except for 1 team.
          MSU at UW - a reality check for who?
          OSU at UMD - OSU coming off a winless weekend.
          UM at the Tommies - reality check for the Tommies or ??
          BSU at St. Cloud - St. Cloud will be piling in the calories.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            This week. Cupcakes season is over except for 1 team.
            MSU at UW - a reality check for who?
            OSU at UMD - OSU coming off a winless weekend.
            UM at the Tommies - reality check for the Tommies or ??
            BSU at St. Cloud - St. Cloud will be piling in the calories.
            The only question for the sinners is how fast will they reach double digits in one or both games against the landcows.
            yuckeyes chihuahuas...should be a competitive series.
            The tunnelers are not that good but at least they are not bc. The tommie bahamas can score so this could be trouble for the tunnelers.
            BSU...how bad are they? They are so bad they don't even get a nickname. Slims sweep.
            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

              The only question for the sinners is how fast will they reach double digits in one or both games against the landcows.
              yuckeyes chihuahuas...should be a competitive series.
              The tunnelers are not that good but at least they are not bc. The tommie bahamas can score so this could be trouble for the tunnelers.
              BSU...how bad are they? They are so bad they don't even get a nickname. Slims sweep.
              Your sandbagging on the tunnelers is as guaranteed as the sun rising and setting every day. I applaud your consistency. The anklebreakers sweep and outshoot the tommyettes both games.

              Of course if the chihuahuas sweep, the sun WON'T come up in one state.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                Your sandbagging on the tunnelers is as guaranteed as the sun rising and setting every day. I applaud your consistency. The anklebreakers sweep and outshoot the tommyettes both games.
                I do try to be consistent...The anklebreakers?

                Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                Of course if the chihuahuas sweep, the sun WON'T come up in one state.
                As I prematurely said before...That would be high-larious.
                Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 10-13-2023, 03:20 PM.
                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                  I do try to be consistent...The anklebreakers?
                  The American Institute Of Insurance Claims reports that 31.45% of all broken ankles are caused by tripping on gopher holes (number 3 overall cause of broken ankles). The number 1 cause of broken ankles is cell phone use.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

                    The American Institute Of Insurance Claims reports that 31.45% of all broken ankles are caused by tripping on gopher holes (number 3 overall cause of broken ankles). The number 1 cause of broken ankles is cell phone use.
                    Good to know...

                    Chihuahuas up 1-0 on the Yuckeyes over halfway through the 1st period...

                    Check that...The Yuckeyes have scored 2 goals and have taken over the game with some impressive zone time.
                    Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 10-13-2023, 03:35 PM.
                    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Hey Tommie Bahamas...You have one job and that is to keep the puck away from #18. So far, not so good on that objective. 2-0 Tunnelers after 1 period with both goals by #18.

                      Yuckeyes dominating UMD in the 3rd 4-2 outshooting them 32-10.
                      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Yuckeyes looked good pounding the chihuahuas 5-2.

                        The tunnelers up 5-0 over the tommie bahamas after 2 periods of play. Hey tommie bahamas...You still got a #18 problem.
                        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          Your sandbagging on the tunnelers is as guaranteed as the sun rising and setting every day. I applaud your consistency. The anklebreakers sweep and outshoot the tommyettes both games.

                          Of course if the chihuahuas sweep, the sun WON'T come up in one state.
                          Hmmm Shots 38 27 on the 8-0 win, and 34 16 on the 4-0 win for the tunnelers.
                          Dang, the sun rose in Ohio as the Muzzyettes completely handle UMD.
                          WI only played 4 periods of good hockey and got got by Kato.
                          St. Cloud handled the Beavers.

                          Up next:
                          A Tuesday tilt between St. Cloud and the rodents. Is this an exhibition or a real game?
                          St. Cloud vs NE, then Sacred Heart Or Lindenwood. The NE game is huge for them, statement game one way or another.
                          OSU at Tommies. The sun will continue to rise in Ohio.
                          BSU at UW. Can UW's scoring average of 9 goals a game keep rolling?
                          UMD at MSU. Might be tighter than one would expect.
                          Last edited by Timothy A; 10-16-2023, 02:55 PM.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Timothy A View Post


                            Up next:
                            A Tuesday tilt between St. Cloud and the rodents. Is this an exhibition or a real game?
                            Looking at their schedules for the rest of the year, I'm 99% sure this is a conference game. They have another mid-week game Dec 5th, and then a regular weekend series Feb 9, 10, for their four conference meetings.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by robertearle View Post

                              Looking at their schedules for the rest of the year, I'm 99% sure this is a conference game. They have another mid-week game Dec 5th, and then a regular weekend series Feb 9, 10, for their four conference meetings.
                              Correct. This is the Gophers home opener. There will be another Tuesday night game, probably at St. Cloud, to even out conference play.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Steamboat View Post
                                Correct. This is the Gophers home opener. There will be another Tuesday night game, probably at St. Cloud, to even out conference play.
                                Watts a weird schedule.....MN must have asked for this strange date, yes?

                                So this is a measuring stick game for sure then. How far has St. Cloud come up and is the demise of UM really true?
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X