WCHA 2023-2024 Calamity Or Calmness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
    John Harrington retiring. (per Todd Milewski)
    Wow that's a shocker. I think Muzzy would sure enjoy getting back to Minnesota.

I really think Bemidji needs to make a move, another great fit for Muzzy.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I'm just hoping Harrington's old teammate doesn't follow suit...

Comment

Well, it is going to happen at some point and what better way than to go out winning back to back natty's .

Comment

Would you really want the Gophers to go back to kicking your butts?

Comment

Shhhh.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
              Would you really want the Gophers to go back to kicking your butts?
              It would be tremendously awesome to have Mankato or Bemidji supplant University of Minnesota twin cities be the best college hockey team in Minnesota.

Comment

Tragically, they went with someone on their staff.

https://msumavericks.com/news/2024/3...ead-coach.aspx
                RowTheBoatSkiUMahGoGophers!

Comment

It would be tremendously awesome to have Mankato or Bemidji supplant University of Minnesota twin cities be the best college hockey team in Minnesota.
                  Isn't the thinner overdose warning logo missing from this post?

Comment

• Originally posted by StPaulSam View Post

Tragically, they went with someone on their staff.

https://msumavericks.com/news/2024/3...ead-coach.aspx
                    I get it, but I don't right? Stability is important, they feel like they're moving in the right direction so they don't want to rock the boat. Is that job attractive enough that you could have got an Idalski type person there? Who would that have been?

Comment

• Congratulations to Shari Dickerman! She's given her adult life to that program, first as a player and then a coach. It's nice to see that loyalty rewarded. I hope that she can do great things for the Mavericks.
                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by steamboat View Post

isn't the thinner overdose warning logo missing from this post?
                        lol!

Comment

Muzzy would be wise to wait for the Frost Job, she wouldn't let inmates run the asylum. Frost will be gone at the end of next year when his contract is up

Comment

• Originally posted by RightbackatU View Post

Muzzy would be wise to wait for the Frost Job, she wouldn't let inmates run the asylum. Frost will be gone at the end of next year when his contract is up
                            If Mark Johnson were to retire, would UW AD Chris McIntosh send out any feelers to Muzzy? Is Muzzy a done deal eventually to the Gophers?

I'm pretty sure the Badgers would probably stay in house with Koch, but who knows what McIntosh could be thinking. He has shown he isn't afraid to go outside the UW circle if he feels the best candidate is somewhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonzo View Post

If Mark Johnson were to retire, would UW AD Chris McIntosh send out any feelers to Muzzy? Is Muzzy a done deal eventually to the Gophers?

I'm pretty sure the Badgers would probably stay in house with Koch, but who knows what McIntosh could be thinking. He has shown he isn't afraid to go outside the UW circle if he feels the best candidate is somewhere else.
                              I'd be shocked if Koch wasn't given the chance.

Adding: as far as McIntosh going "outside" for football and men's hockey, in both cases he was supposedly looking to 'fix' programs showing performance problems. That's hardly the case with women's hockey.
                              Last edited by robertearle; 03-12-2024, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• Wow, UW is ranked 1 in the Uscho poll. That's gonna rankle some feathers.

Comment

Working...
                                X