WCHA 2023-2024 Calamity Or Calmness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

OK, switching gears here, NOW I want the Gophers to win Friday! (Big Grin)
    That worked so well for you last year!

Comment

• Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post

OK, I'll bite. If Nadine is Coach Calamity, who's Coach Calmness? I could guess, but it's your thread title!
      Scanlan has always struck me as a really chill dude. I just wish that translated into wins for them.
      RowTheBoatSkiUMahGoGophers!

Comment

. OK, I'll bite. If Nadine is Coach Calamity, who's Coach Calmness? I could guess, but it's your thread title!
        Like you have to ask.....haha. Take your pick of the other 3.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Like you have to ask.....haha. Take your pick of the other 3.
          It actually is a pick 'em. We've got a fine group of coaches in this league.

No doubt St. Paul Sam is right about Coach Scanlan. But if you want a REALLY chill dude, wouldn't that have to be Coach Frost?!

OK, I'm not forgetting who I'm talking to. And you remember (or should remember) how much I enjoy watching MJ work.

Comment

No doubt St. Paul Sam is right about Coach Scanlan. But if you want a REALLY chill dude, wouldn't that have to be Coach Frost?!
            I watched with amazement as Frosty showed some emotion at the job the lawfirm of Ludwig and Kaehler were doing on Saturday. where was THAT guy all season?! Otherwise yeah, I just remember his post-Final Faceoff interview last year: "well it's very nice and we're quite happy I guess."

Comment

• Interesting that none of the tosu players ended up being forward, defender or goalie of the year for the league. To start the season I don't think anybody would have predicted that, especially at forward.

Comment

Interesting that none of the tosu players ended up being forward, defender or goalie of the year for the league. To start the season I don't think anybody would have predicted that, especially at forward.
                Bilka obviously was our best candidate for forward but I think because we're so loaded and coach worked hard to get them to play as a team, if it weren't for that her stats could have been higher.
                I was surprised Barnes didn't get defender of the year and don't know why that was. But they aren't hurting for honors and have more in their future and I don't think the slight will matter to them if they get to hoist the National trophy.

Comment

Bilka obviously was our best candidate for forward but I think because we're so loaded and coach worked hard to get them to play as a team, if it weren't for that her stats could have been higher.
                  I was surprised Barnes didn't get defender of the year and don't know why that was. But they aren't hurting for honors and have more in their future and I don't think the slight will matter to them if they get to hoist the National trophy.
                  IDK I think MJ has the same dilemma Muzzy has at F. To me it's understandable how she beat out Barnes. Harvey had more points over less games. Her +/- would be equal to Barnes if she had played all 36 games. Had Barnes won, I would not have been shocked at all.

Comment

• Simms player of the year.

Muzzy coach of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                      Simms player of the year.

Muzzy coach of the year.
                      It was Murphy's to lose and she lost it.

Muzzy getting it is a joke. She loads up on all star talent from other teams, then she's some genius of a coach then. LOL.

Comment

Muzzy getting it is a joke. She loads up on all star talent from other teams, then she's some genius of a coach then. LOL.
                        Muzzination would disagree with you and who else would it have been? Maybe the cloudytown guy?

At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

Muzzination would disagree with you and who else would it have been? Maybe the cloudytown guy?
                          Part of the job is constructing your roster. She did that, and then got them playing together. They won the conference. She gets the credit.

Comment

Wow! With a comment like that it's probably best you don't sit behind our bench next season or some big guy may come up, put a hand on your shoulder and "suggest" an apology.

Sure she gets transfers but have you looked at other teams rosters? Clarkson for one is loaded with transfers, can't you accept that's the way it is in college sports now.
                            Don't be a hater because it stresses you she's the WCHA's Big Dog now and the Queen of the transfer portal.

Comment

... and the Queen of the transfer portal.
                              Really quite surprised that you'd insult your own coach that way.

Comment

Don't be a hater because it stresses you she's the WCHA's Big Dog now and the Queen of the transfer portal.

ahh yes, there's that charming and humble "The™" attitude that endears tOSU fans to their rivals in all sports everywhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X