No announcement yet.

WCHA 2023-2024 Calamity Or Calmness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome -- thanks for devoting your time/energy to this!
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• So what do the paths for UMD and St Cloud look like to make the NCAA tournament?
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        So what do the paths for UMD and St Cloud look like to make the NCAA tournament?
        The only way St Cloud gets there is to win the WCHA tournament. Duluth has a good chance but could definitely get bumped with a loss or two to St Cloud, or if a lower of the top five ECAC teams has a good tournament. No way can both get there. It's likely tp be four WCHA and four ECAC teams, and maybe five ECAC and only three WCHA.

Comment

So what do the paths for UMD and St Cloud look like to make the NCAA tournament?
          Without even looking at Pairwise, NPI or much of anything else at all, I think it is safe to say that whichever one of them gets there has to beat Ohio State in the WCHA semi-final to have a realistic path to the NCAAs. Even if they can achieve something in the top 11, autobids will most likely bounce them out.
          Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
            The only way St Cloud gets there is to win the WCHA tournament. Duluth has a good chance but could definitely get bumped with a loss or two to St Cloud, or if a lower of the top five ECAC teams has a good tournament. No way can both get there. It's likely tp be four WCHA and four ECAC teams, and maybe five ECAC and only three WCHA.
            That's a bummer because the eye test says they belong there.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post

Without even looking at Pairwise, NPI or much of anything else at all, I think it is safe to say that whichever one of them gets there has to beat Ohio State in the WCHA semi-final to have a realistic path to the NCAAs. Even if they can achieve something in the top 11, autobids will most likely bounce them out.
              No, if everything goes 'as expected', Duluth makes it in, even losing to Ohio State in the WCHA semis. But it also doesn't take much to get Quinnipiac past them, dropping Duluth out. EG, even if it takes Duluth to get past St Cloud, they still survive. But add in Quinnipiac taking just one game from Cornell, and Q gets in.

Comment

That's a bummer because the eye test says they belong there.
                On the other hand, I don't want to play either UMD or St. Cloud in the ncaa's, so here's to hoping they don't make it. They almost scare me more than Tosu.

Comment

On the other hand, I don't want to play either UMD or St. Cloud in the ncaa's, so here's to hoping they don't make it. They almost scare me more than Tosu.
                  Duluth (or St Cloud) at #8 would go to Columbus, and have to beat the Hockey East champs at #9, but then would get yet another shot at Ohio State.

Comment

I haven't played with all the permutations, but in the case of UMD it seems pretty straightforward. They need to beat St. Cloud and they need Cornell to beat Quinnipiac. If they don't sweep St. Cloud they need Cornell to sweep Quinnipiac. If Quinnipiac wins the series then UMD has to take down Ohio State.

St. Cloud seems like they are too far back to catch Quinnipiac even if they Q gets swept and SCSU sweeps UMD and beats Ohio State in semis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                      I started a rec girls ice hockey team here in Cleveland. It is awesome, I am so proud of it, but def putting my time and money there for now.
                      Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                      Hey Zed! I will answer this longer on a different thread at some point but the short answer is I really love the game, and believe all kids should have access to rec versions of it. Cleveland didn’t have an all girls rec option.

In fact to play girls you were expected to do the long co Ed season, then add a part time competitive/travel girls option on top it once you were u10 (if you had the money, skill, time for it). Way too big a barrier to girls hockey for my family, so we did something different.

My hope is to positively impact the 13 girls on my team, and be part of the noise calling for better local girls hockey options in Cleveland. Our local elite girls travel program is great, but we are missing the foundational piece imo.
                      Okay, I look forward to when you get time to write more about it! Kudos to you for stepping up to give these kids an opportunity they didn't have.

Comment

• Well now that it's conference tournament week I think we all know what games might be a given on the outcome others could be a question mark. What are your predictions?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                          Well now that it's conference tournament week I think we all know what games might be a given on the outcome others could be a question mark. What are your predictions?
                          UMD and St. Cloud will still be playing game 3 Monday AM. Heck, they could still be playing game 1 on Monday AM. If you switch goalies, can the one who started go back in and relieve the goalie who relieved them?

Comment

• What's the word on TV coverage for the tournament?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                              What's the word on TV coverage for the tournament?
                              The WCHA web site says "All games will stream live on B1G+".

At the moment, they don't show on the BTN-Plus schedule pages, but that doesn't mean much. And hoping they might get bumped up to regular BTN is not at all likely, women's basketball tournament that weekend.

Comment

If you switch goalies, can the one who started go back in and relieve the goalie who relieved them?
                                Hockey isn't baseball, so as long as we don't have any game misconducts or the like, they should be able to switch at every whistle if they like.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                                X