WCHA 2023-2024 Calamity Or Calmness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post

So, do you still refer to MSU as the Indians?
    You are going back farther than I am aware. Lol
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

No surprises other than UM only having 5 SOG in period 1 of game 1.

This week....

St. Cloud vs UMD duking it out for a spot in the ncaa's. Will anyone score a goal? Over under of goals scored on the weekend....5
      Tommies at Muzzies.....Yada Yada Yada
      BSU at MSU. Neither is a state. MSA sweeps
      Goldies at Badgies. Hmmm. Goldie is "stumbling" into Madtown. Badgies not necessarily looking their dominant selves as St. Cloud and UMD gave the troubles. If I believe what the Goldie fans are cooking, UW should crush them nonetheless. IDK. UW does seem to have more top end firepower, I love their top 6 D and I'd say things are even in net. Can LMSP carry the rodents to victory? WI should have 2 lines that can control her. My mind is telling me not to drink the Goldie fan's anti Goldie koolaide. It will probably come down to special teams.
      Umd St Cloud... I guess the over-under at five goals was a little bit high. Haha. One goal on the weekend? Totally stressful but not necessarily entertaining hockey for those fans.

Tosu allowed the tommies to score first in game two which was very sporting of them after throttling them / woodshedding them in game one

MSU does sweep BSU.

The BADgers technically get a sweep but lose a point. Looks to me like yes there is a bit of distance between UM and UW when UW was playing their best and they did that in the second and third periods in game 2. It was very interesting that Frosty had four coaches on the bench and yet there was somebody up in the balcony with a headset radioing in information to the female coach at the bench.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Tosu allowed the tommies to score first in game two which was very sporting of them after throttling them / woodshedding them in game one
        On that early goal seconds into the game, Kirk glover it easily but it inexplicably slipped out of the glove and dropped at her feet giving the Tommies a golden opportunity which they capitalized on.
        Their celebration from that goal was such you'd think that was the game winning goal, I didn't begrudge them that.
        ​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
          On that early goal seconds into the game, Kirk glover it easily but it inexplicably slipped out of the glove and dropped at her feet giving the Tommies a golden opportunity which they capitalized on. Their celebration from that goal was such you'd think that was the game winning goal, I didn't begrudge them that.
          ​​​
          Very sporting I say, very sporting indeed.

Comment

• Can someone explain to me the insanity of Minnesota going UP in the rankings after getting swept by Wisconsin?
            I know Timothy would say something like it's obviously an honor even to lose to the Badgers. LOL

Comment

Can someone explain to me the insanity of Minnesota going UP in the rankings after getting swept by Wisconsin?
              I know Timothy would say something like it's obviously an honor even to lose to the Badgers. LOL
              Colgate lost to Yale, and dropped from 4 to 5. If you look at the votes/points, Minnesota is literally only one 'point' in front of Colgate. Think of this as pretty much a tie, and 'rounding error'.

If we were talking about Pairwise or NPI, I'd point out that Minnesota got a one-third "win" on Friday.

Comment

• This isn't hockey related but I wanted to share that after a recent CT scan and blood work my oncologist told me today there is no sign of cancer.

Comment

This isn't hockey related but I wanted to share that after a recent CT scan and blood work my oncologist told me today there is no sign of cancer.
                  Great news -- congrats!

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

This isn't hockey related but I wanted to share that after a recent CT scan and blood work my oncologist told me today there is no sign of cancer.
                    Fanfreakingtastic!!!!

Comment

Glad to hear it.

Comment

Cheers brother!!!

Comment

Best news I have heard today! See you in a couple weekends for the first round of the WCHA Playoffs!

Comment

Wonderful! Congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations and cheers - onward and upward, you warrior!

Comment

Congrats, great to hear!
                                -----
                                Going back a bit in the OSU thread, I saw that there was mention of a trifecta that only UMD, Minnesota, and Wisconsin have won. Eager to see what happens in your conference tournament this year, along with the national tourney.
                                Last edited by BowWowWow; 02-20-2024, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X