No announcement yet.

WCHA 2023-2024 Calamity Or Calmness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone explain Abby murphys goal celebration to me? Is she playing the cymbals or dusting her hands off? I can’t keep up with what these young people are up to. Love the highlights that are posted, some great goals.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnOTB View Post

The thing you are missing is that both players assessed coincidental penalties ALWAYS serve them in their entirety. There is never a situation where either player’s penalty time is wiped out. The sentence you’re analyzing is explicitly excluding the situation that occurred because the penalties on MW and CO were coincidental. Of course, if Murphy’s penalty had been a minor, it would have been wiped out when the goal was scored. If the situation had been that MW got a minor and then say, five seconds later CO got a separate penalty, then MW would have come out of the box when the goal was scored after the major. This is the situation being described in the sentence in question. The “two different players” interjection is there to distinguish from the situation where a single player is assessed a 2 and a 5, which puts it outside the scope of this sentence.
      This.

Comment

• Sure didn't take long in game two for Murphy to be targeted again!

Comment

• I wonder how the conversation goes next week when Murphy and Curl are teammates in the rivalry series.

Comment

• Wow, Edwards didn't get ejected?

Comment

• Nothing personal but I rooted for Minnesota last night and today it's for Wisconsin. Best case scenario to give Ohio State some cushion in conference points. ( Wink)

Comment

• BEAUTIFUL steal & shorty!

Comment

• Obviously the sinners were embarrassed and came out and proved why they will wind up being at least the 2nd best team in WCHA. They play like that they are going to be difficult for any team to beat.
                  At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Buckeyes taking care of business up 5-0 at the start of the third.

Comment

• I really think Murphy's shenanigans really are embarrassing for women's hockey. Chripping yelping yelping chirping constantly, flopping like a fish out of water, taking stupid penalties (I've never seen a slashing major before). On that one face off she was cheating so bad that the referee had to go line them up, even then she was cheating way into Gorbtenko's side. She's really doing her talent dis-service. You can play hard and fast and not be a complete jerk on the ice. And then those activities make the other teams act poorly as well. Today Wisconsin leveled her four times. The first one did not get a penalty call on it. Her actions and Wisconsin's retaliation actions are not the kind of actions we want people who are supposed to be role models to act and have our young people follow. A sad display of sportsmenship indeed.

​​​​​​
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• My only disappointment in our game tonight was giving up the shutout with about three and a half minutes left in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          I really think Murphy's shenanigans really are embarrassing for women's hockey. Chripping yelping yelping chirping constantly, flopping like a fish out of water, taking stupid penalties (I've never seen a slashing major before). On that one face off she was cheating so bad that the referee had to go line them up, even then she was cheating way into Gorbtenko's side. She's really doing her talent dis-service. You can play hard and fast and not be a complete jerk on the ice. And then those activities make the other teams act poorly as well. Today Wisconsin leveled her four times. The first one did not get a penalty call on it. Her actions and Wisconsin's retaliation actions are not the kind of actions we want people who are supposed to be role models to act and have our young people follow. A sad display of sportsmenship indeed.

​​​​​​
                          I mentioned before, this has been talked about between Gopher posters and it is a shame that this talented of a player has this baggage...

However, as you mention, that does not let the opposition teams off the hook for choosing to retaliate and do the same unsportsmanlike things.

At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

I mentioned before, this has been talked about between Gopher posters and it is a shame that this talented of a player has this baggage...

However, as you mention, that does not let the opposition teams off the hook for choosing to retaliate and do the same unsportsmanlike things.
                            Were the Lams as bad, and I've just let the memories' hard edges soften. or is Murphy at another level?

Comment

• As of today Murphy is the best player in college hockey. Should win the Patty Kaz. I also predict that her future is extremely bright when she goes pro. What a entertaining and mesmerizing player to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                I really think Murphy's shenanigans really are embarrassing for women's hockey. Chripping yelping yelping chirping constantly, flopping like a fish out of water, taking stupid penalties (I've never seen a slashing major before). On that one face off she was cheating so bad that the referee had to go line them up, even then she was cheating way into Gorbtenko's side. She's really doing her talent dis-service. You can play hard and fast and not be a complete jerk on the ice. And then those activities make the other teams act poorly as well. Today Wisconsin leveled her four times. The first one did not get a penalty call on it. Her actions and Wisconsin's retaliation actions are not the kind of actions we want people who are supposed to be role models to act and have our young people follow. A sad display of sportsmenship indeed.

​​​​​​
                                In fairness, anyone who roots for Britta Curl doesn't have a whole lot of basis for this. She is a skating embellishment penalty. There was one instance yesterday when she grabbed at her throat as a Gopher passed by without making contact.

Comment

Working...
                                X