WCHA 2023-2024 Calamity Or Calmness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Looks like the rodents are on the way to making me look smart, a hard thing to do.

Kato woodshedded the Tommy's, shocking.

Looking way far ahead, I think avoiding having st cloud on the same side of the bracket as your team is will be crucial come ncaa time.
    It didn't start out that way for the tunnelers but then in the 2nd period the lumberjills fell apart.

I think you are right about Cloudy town.
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
      It doesn't really look like St Cloud matched up well with the Buckeyes at all, except in the goaltending department.
      I don't mean match up in terms of being able to go toe to toe with the best. More like the good Bemidji teams, or even the ones that weren't all that good but still managed to be a pain in the posterior to play. UM took a two-goal lead in the second game in Columbus, and it didn't last long. The best Minnesota teams were able to suck the life completely out of the game at times by just not letting the opponent possess the puck in the offensive zone for long stretches, but that isn't really their DNA. The new Huskies don't care about style points or statistics. They are more content with just frustrating the opponent.

I didn't see it, so maybe the Nuts went full Badger mode and just started whistling pucks over crossbars on open nets. My guess is that tOSU had a ton of shots, just not many of the shots that they wanted.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Do I have this right? As we sit here on Saturday morning (with different numbers of games played), Ohio State and Wisconsin and Minnesota have each 'surrendered' five standings points due to ties and losses? Interesting...

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
          Do I have this right? As we sit here on Saturday morning (with different numbers of games played), Ohio State and Wisconsin and Minnesota have each 'surrendered' five standings points due to ties and losses? Interesting...
          I think you're right about the points in the WCHA. (As of Sat morning in WCHA games, tOSU has 2 OT wins and 1 regulation loss, Minnesota 1 loss and 1 OT loss to tOSU, and UW 1 loss and 1 OT loss to tOSU.)

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
            Do I have this right? As we sit here on Saturday morning (with different numbers of games played), Ohio State and Wisconsin and Minnesota have each 'surrendered' five standings points due to ties and losses? Interesting...
            According to wcha.com (https://wcha.com/standings.aspx?path=whockey), Ohio State has only dropped two points. However, it looks like that is because last night's loss to St Cloud isn't included in the standings, as it shows them playing only 10 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

You have picked the tunnelers before to do stuff and it hasn't come to fruition...
              I called it this weekend lol.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I called it this weekend lol.
                Giving up the first and last goals of the weekend isn't such a problem if you score 18 of the 19 in between.

Comment

• Will the WCHA retain number one overall ranking with a team the letters sota in its name?

Comment

Will the WCHA retain number one overall ranking with a team the letters sota in its name?
                    Not the tunnelers...They are the 3rd best WCHA team by the results so far. slOwSU will probably still be #1. The sinners just need to get healthy (their getting there) and get playing their best in the second half, which is what they did last year.

Or just put the fighting nurses #1.

Comment

Or just put the fighting nurses #1.
                      "The sandbag is heavy with this one."

Comment

• Originally posted by Steamboat View Post
                        "The sandbag is heavy with this one."
                        YEP.

It's Rodent Sinners week. How many sandbags are in play this week?

Comment

YEP.

It's Rodent Sinners week. How many sandbags are in play this week?
                          As many as are needed to keep the dam from breaking. Sinners sweep...

Comment

. As many as are needed to keep the dam from breaking. Sinners sweep...
                            That's a truckload right there.

Comment

As many as are needed to keep the dam from breaking. Sinners sweep...
                              I actually have a pile of sand in the back 40 on my property with about three cubic yards of sand. I can throw that in the back of the truck and run it up to you if you need me to. I won't be needing it. My wife kind of over ordered the amount sand we needed for our chicken coup. I told her how much to get but of course she didn't trust my judgment. Imagine that.

Comment

I actually have a pile of sand in the back 40 on my property with about three cubic yards of sand. I can throw that in the back of the truck and run it up to you if you need me to. I won't be needing it. My wife kind of over ordered the amount sand we needed for our chicken coup. I told her how much to get but of course she didn't trust my judgment. Imagine that.
                                That is a very kind offer for the sand...

I would tend to side with the wife in cases like this (always a good idea) as I don't know how much I would trust your judgement either. Just sayin...

Comment

Working...
                                X