WCHA 2023-2024 Calamity Or Calmness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by osualum86 View Post

We were without Emma Peschel, so it was even. You were without a National Team Defender / WCHA Defender of the Week award winner, and we were as well.
    How did she take three shots based on the scorecard on Friday if she was out? That's some remarkable outness to take shots without playing. And I can't find when she made an appearance with the senior team, can you point me towards it?
    Last edited by BadgerPete; 11-21-2023, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

Life's full of what ifs, like what would have been the outcome of the last National Champy game if the Edwards girls got called for just half of the penalties they committed?
      Why are we calling out the Edwards girls? I'd figure you'd be pointing out Compher or Curl who were far more physical and playing on the edge. Weird.

Comment

We were without Emma Peschel, so it was even. You were without a National Team Defender / WCHA Defender of the Week award winner, and we were as well.
        Even!?!?! Hahahahaha. I laugh in your general direction. Peschel is not on the same planet as KK.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Life's full of what ifs, like what would have been the outcome of the last National Champy game if the Edwards girls got called for just half of the penalties they committed?
          I've watched that game 55 times and I really don't think there was a lot of stuff that was missed. I don't call any bemoaning at the time the game ended lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I've watched that game 55 times and I really don't think there was a lot of stuff that was missed. I don't call any bemoaning at the time the game ended lol.
            Your glasses must need some cleaning if you can't see clearly the crosschecking queens apply their trade, especially around the crease! (Wink)

Comment

• What's with the slOwSU posters?...I know, in watching, that Emma Peschel played Friday. It's true , she was out Saturday but slOwSU was not as shorthanded as the sinners were. Peschel is a good player but not as good as Caroline Harvey. Please... Calling out the Edward's sisters? Again...Please, you might as well call out pretty much every other player that plays in the WCHA as they will, at some point, commit a penalty. Badger Pete mentions Curl and yuse yuckeye posters saw it live and in living color Friday.

At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by BadgerPete View Post

How did she take three shots based on the scorecard on Friday if she was out? That's some remarkable outness to take shots without playing. And I can't find when she made an appearance with the senior team, can you point me towards it?
                She actually did play one period before getting hurt, then was out the rest of the way.

She suited up for Team USA vs Canada in the collegiate selects series. She won silver with U18 in 2022.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Even!?!?! Hahahahaha. I laugh in your general direction. Peschel is not on the same planet as KK.
                  Keep dissing our players. Thanks for the BB material. We'll make sure the Muzzinator sees this one Buddy! (laugh emoji)

Comment

• Someone working the USCHO scoreboard shorted us a 1 on our score showing it as 0-1 instead of 0-11, lol!

Comment

An Ohio State fan complaining that the refs weren't calling penalties is one of life's rich ironies.

Comment

Someone working the USCHO scoreboard shorted us a 1 on our score showing it as 0-1 instead of 0-11, lol!
                        They were showing it as 8 minutes into the first period until after the game was over. Never, ever count on the USCHO scoreboard being even vaguely up to speed. It's terrible.

I really, really miss collegehockeystats.net.

Comment

She actually did play one period before getting hurt, then was out the rest of the way.

She suited up for Team USA vs Canada in the collegiate selects series. She won silver with U18 in 2022.
                          Neither of which was the senior national team, which is what I asked. If we're counting U18 and Collegiate selects, then Wisconsin was missing THREE national team members since Kirsten Simms was on Collegiate Selects and Kirsten Simms and Claire Enright were on the 2022 U18 squad.

It's perfectly legitimate to just say "you play the team in front of you, we took 5 of 6 points and if you have questions look at the standings for the answers" but saying "well, actually missing a junior nationals player for 2/3rds of the series is exactly like missing the borderline Senior World Championships MVP for the entire series so we were even" is laughable.

And while we're at it, on "Keep dissing our players. Thanks for the BB material. We'll make sure the Muzzinator sees this one Buddy! (laugh emoji):" If Muzerall cares one iota what the two dozen blowhards who make up the posts on this comically tone-deaf corner of the dumpster fire that is the internet say, that's just straight up sad.
                          Last edited by BadgerPete; 11-24-2023, 09:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BadgerPete View Post

Neither of which was the senior national team, which is what I asked. If we're counting U18 and Collegiate selects, then Wisconsin was missing THREE national team members since Kirsten Simms was on Collegiate Selects and Kirsten Simms and Claire Enright were on the 2022 U18 squad.

It's perfectly legitimate to just say "you play the team in front of you, we took 5 of 6 points and if you have questions look at the standings for the answers" but saying "well, actually missing a junior nationals player for 2/3rds of the series is exactly like missing the borderline Senior World Championships MVP for the entire series so we were even" is laughable.

And while we're at it, on "Keep dissing our players. Thanks for the BB material. We'll make sure the Muzzinator sees this one Buddy! (laugh emoji):" If Muzerall cares one iota what the two dozen blowhards who make up the posts on this comically tone-deaf corner of the dumpster fire that is the internet say, that's just straight up sad.
                            Now, now. Let's discuss this calmly over a cup of chamomile tea and just relax. This is a game that we are talking about, isn't it?

Comment

. Keep dissing our players. Thanks for the BB material. We'll make sure the Muzzinator sees this one Buddy! (laugh emoji)
                              You must not be aware KK won the Bob Allen USA player of the year in May of this year. Peschel is a very nice player. If she was on WI, I'd love it. She's just not the same player KK is. I've never seen a player like KK before.
                              ​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Steamboat View Post

Now, now. Let's discuss this calmly over a cup of chamomile tea and just relax. This is a game that we are talking about, isn't it?
                                That was calm. And chamomile tea sucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X