No announcement yet.

Colgate 23-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asst. Coach Chelsea Walkland is leaving to go coach at BK Selects. Big loss. Great coach and better person.

Comment

• A big loss for Colgate! This is often the price to pay when you have such high quality assistants.

Comment

• As the new head coach of the #2 girls hockey team and arguably the best girls hockey program in North America this year, I choose to think more like it's great that she has gone home to Rochester but as a life long Raider she'll now be in a position to sing Colgate's praises to some of the best high school players in the world. She's gone from our bench but I am sure Greg will have access like he's never had before to another great pool of talent. When she leaves BK Selects if she ever does she'll be a Div 1 head coach wherever she wants. Both she and Colgate win here. Breanne will be a very able replacement knowing our system and Greg and Stefan inside and out. Fun to see who we get to replace Breanne though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer View Post
          As the new head coach of the #2 girls hockey team and arguably the best girls hockey program in North America this year, I choose to think more like it's great that she has gone home to Rochester but as a life long Raider she'll now be in a position to sing Colgate's praises to some of the best high school players in the world. She's gone from our bench but I am sure Greg will have access like he's never had before to another great pool of talent. When she leaves BK Selects if she ever does she'll be a Div 1 head coach wherever she wants. Both she and Colgate win here. Breanne will be a very able replacement knowing our system and Greg and Stefan inside and out. Fun to see who we get to replace Breanne though.
          considering that Shattuck St-Mary's won the National Championships at both 16U and 19U this season, I'm not sure there is much argument about what is the "best girls hockey program in North America this year"

Comment

• Acknowledged and much respect accorded, but you'll note I used the modifier "arguably" for exactly that reason. The one difference is Shattuck's has been there forever and BK Selects is the new kid on the block after a metioric rise. Will be a blast to watch in the years to come, Chelsea can really coach and recruit!

Comment

• Fargo is leaving Colgate for PWHL - New York Head Coaching position
              https://colgateathletics.com/news/20...-new-york.aspx

Comment

• One of Colgate's all time best coaches in any sport ever. Put the women's hockey team on the map with his calm respectful demeanor and complete trust in his players. He established a great culture that attracted great players! He deserves this opportunity and has left the team in great shape. I hope the committee looks closely at Stefan AND if not, Chelsea who ironically just left herself. Regardless, there should be a number of great candidates for this top college job!

Now the tough choices. Does he try to convince his NY PWHL GM to draft Danielle first on Monday night or does he like what he's seen from playing Sarah Fillier for 5 years or is Hannah Bilka for example more their cup of tea? No wrong answer there. He also won't be lonely as possibly 5 or 6 from this years Gate class will get drafted to join the 4 already in the PWHL already (3 of those 4 probably will probably become free agents and not get resigned as the quality of this draft is so high).

Thanks for all you have done for Colgate and it's women's hockey program Coach Fargo and I'll look forward to seeing you on the NY bench when the season starts next year. We may even know what the NY team and all the other teams will be called by then...
                Last edited by Oldtimer; 06-10-2024, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer View Post
                  Now the tough choices. Does he try to convince his NY PWHL GM to draft Danielle first on Monday night or does he like what he's seen from playing Sarah Fillier for 5 years or is Hannah Bilka for example more their cup of tea? No wrong answer there. He also won't be lonely as possibly 5 or 6 from this years Gate class will get drafted to join the 4 already in the PWHL already (3 of those 4 probably will probably become free agents and not get resigned as the quality of this draft is so high).
                  Don't know who will be drafting for Minnesota but I hope Serdachny is there for them with the 3rd pick after Fillier and Bilka are selected 1 & 2 according to how they are ranked by the experts.

At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Unbelievable loss for the school and the program but great opportunity for Fargo. Too bad Chelsea left already.

As far as Serdachny - I'd be surprised if he pushed for her after the 5 years of drama she caused. I think he is better off with Fillier.

Comment

• Rightnut, this is the second time on this board you've alluded to drama attributed to DS. Let's hear some details. Outwardly they certainly seemed to thrive, but Greg being who he is would certainly not share something like that!

Comment

• Sad news this am !
                        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• According to the latest update on their website, Dara Greig is back at Colgate. Is this a mistake? Greig is on the PWHL Draft eligibility list.
                          Last edited by ProudCanadian; 06-10-2024, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• PWHL draft night. Danielle #2, Allie, Sydney, Dara, Kayle and former favorite Nemo all drafted. Also NY's draft looks excellent, arguably tops so great job Coach Fargo! I think we had more players drafted than anyone other than OSU!!
                            Last edited by Oldtimer; 06-10-2024, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• Who was drafted #1, Edwards ?
                              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                                Who was drafted #1, Edwards ?
                                Sarah Fillier

Comment

Working...
                                X