Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio State Buckeyes 2023-24 The Muzzinator Gonna Muzzinate!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• osualum86
    replied
    Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    We had a scare thinking our attending the FF wasn't going to happen. The wife couldn't breath Sunday after midnight and had EMS take her to the ER. Her doctor today said it could be a bronchitis or pneumonia and gave her prescriptions to cover either. He said she's not contagious and as long as she's feeling up to travel she's good to go!
    Hope she feels better soon!!

Leave a comment:

• osualum86
    replied
    Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Just about nothing would make me happier than seeing this actually happen.
    Yeah, then we wouldn't have any legs left for Sunday (LOL).

Leave a comment:

• osualum86
    replied
    Originally posted by cct78 View Post

Same to you. I'm hoping for a 4OT thriller. Maybe 5
    Oh no, we can't have that! One of us needs to still have our legs under us for Sunday's game!

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied
    Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Yikes! Kick the feet up and get healthy for the trip. Wait on her hand and foot.
    For sure! I just fixed her grilled cheese & tomato soup.
    I get nervous about possible catching anything that could compromise breathing since covid took 1/3 of my lungs.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    We had a scare thinking our attending the FF wasn't going to happen. The wife couldn't breath Sunday after midnight and had EMS take her to the ER. Her doctor today said it could be a bronchitis or pneumonia and gave her prescriptions to cover either. He said she's not contagious and as long as she's feeling up to travel she's good to go!
    Yikes! Kick the feet up and get healthy for the trip. Wait on her hand and foot.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied

Just about nothing would make me happier than seeing this actually happen.

Leave a comment:

• cct78
    replied
    Originally posted by osualum86 View Post

LOL, hey there, Cct78. I will just say I am not going to change your opinion on that call and you are not going to change mine. Good luck Friday!

Leave a comment:

• pgb-ohio
    replied

As always, looking forward to your Three Stars! It's the highlight of a home hockey weekend on here!
    Greatly appreciate the thumbs up!

Sorry to keep you waiting, but I had a lot say. To say nothing of determining who got which mention.

Leave a comment:

• pgb-ohio
    replied
    Final Score From Saturday, March 16th
    Ohio State 9
    Minnesota-Duluth 0

Neutrality Rule Can't Dampen Buckeye Spirits
    Yes, this game was played at the OSU Ice Rink. Nevertheless, game staging was subject to the NCAA's Neutrality Rules for Regional Hosts. Among other things, PA Announcer Rink Bannister had to modify his usual spiel.

But when tea time came, it was clear that the Rink was fully steeped in Scarlet & Grey Tradition. Rick's Signature Announcement is "Buckeye Goal; BUCKEYE GOAL!!" On Saturday, Rick was restricted to the first portion. But it didn't matter; the Buckeye Faithful picked up the slack. It just became a responsive reading.

You might describe it as a Constant Comment. How constant was it? Does nine repetitions qualify for constancy? I say Yes.

Now I'm not sure I can recommend brewing Buckeye Leaves. But whatever "Neutral Leaves" were used, they did the trick. Hot tea; heavily caffeinated. The Buckeyes hit the ice full of energy and fully focused.

Three Stars Of The Game: Decidedly Unofficial & Just For Fun

Minnesota-Duluth Honorable Mention: (tie) Hanna Baskin and Katie Davis
    The Bulldogs weren't their usual stubborn selves. Perhaps the marathon game they played Thursday against UConn helps explain what happened. Be that as it may, individual Bulldogs certainly played well. Hanna led all UMD Defenders with 3 Blocked Shots; Katie led all UMD Forwards with 3 SOG.

Ohio State Honorable Mention: (tie) Hadley Hartmetz; Makenna Webster and Emma Peschel
    Identifying the difference-makers in this game was a bit of a challenge. OSU got fine contributions up and down the lineup. But roughly halfway through the game, the Buckeyes netted a 5th Goal. I've come to believe this goal was the point where the contest became a rout.

The play began with a shot by Emma from the left point. Wide short side. Then Makenna did what Makenna does. Boldly swooped in and grabbed possession of the puck. Meanwhile, Hadley noticed some open ice, and headed toward the Bulldog net. Crisp tape-to-tape pass from Webster to Hartmetz. Hadley pounded the puck home.

#3 Star: (tie)Jocelyn Amos, Ohio State; and Hannah Bilka Ohio State
    So much offensive production; so few Stars. But Jocelyn & Hannah were too good to ignore.

Jocelyn opened the scoring with a nifty tip of a shot from Stephanie Markowski. I've mentioned the Buckeyes hit the ice fully energized. The goal took just 22 seconds. And it ultimately proved to be the GWG. Amos added an assist in the 2nd and an assist in the 3rd to complete her 3 point night.

Hannah bagged a pair of goals as part of a +3 night. On her first, she picked the UMD Keeper's pocket and scored on a nifty wrap around. It was so slick that it took video replay to verify that the puck was over the line. Did I hear someone say that Hannah Bilked the Goalie? (winking emoji here) On her second, Bilka completed a dynamic odd man rush, steering in a perfect pass from Joy Dunne.

#2 Star: Raygun Kirk, Ohio State
    Shutouts usually merit a Star. But with just 16 saves, perhaps not? Think again. By stopping two Bulldog breakaways, Raygun kept the Buckeyes on track for a decisive win.

About 11 minutes into the contest, with the score at 1-0, Katie Davis came in all alone on Kirk. Raygun stuffed the attempt. If the score had been tied at 1-1, who knows how the rest of the game plays out?

About 12 minutes into the second period, with the score at 4-0, Olivia Wallin had a clear path to the OSU net. Raygun proved to be a brick wall, easily turning aside the rush. That was really UMD's last, best chance to get back into the contest. Roughly 4 minutes later, the Buckeyes got the Hartmetz goal. After that, the Bulldogs got 4 SOG for the rest of the game.

#1 Star: Olivia Mobley, Ohio State
    Depth is good! Fourth Line Wing Mobley could easily have had a hat trick. But one of Olivia's shots hit metal, and required a Jordan Baxter tap-in. I'm guessing Mobley willingly accepted the primary assist as a component of her 3 point night.

The play on Mobley's first goal began innocently enough, with a D to D pass from Riley Brengman to Lauren Bernard. Lauren did the heavy lifting, working the puck below the end line, and extracting the puck before the goalie could play it. Smartly following the play, Olivia was able to score from close range. That made the score 2-0. It was a big step forward when the game was very much in doubt.

As an encore, Mobley scored off an offensive zone face-off. Clean face-off win by Jordan Baxter; Olivia hammered it in. The 2nd Period then ended with the Buckeyes leading 7-0.

There was nothing wrong with either 3rd Period goal. But it was mop-duty at the point. Frozen Four Berth Secured!

Confidential To Barnes, Dunne & Gardiner: I was happily watching Hockey when a Volleyball game broke out. Umbrella formation on the PP. Then the three of you formed a straight line, with Cayla as the setter. Fake spike by Joy; real spike from Jenn. OK, that play didn't result in a kill. But it sure was fun!

Up Next: The Frozen Four Hosted By The University of New Hampshire. See you in Durham.

Leave a comment:

• pgb-ohio
    replied
    Importing This From The Wisconsin Thread. I appreciated Nicole's informative post:

Originally posted by NMH
    Even though Wisconsin was the host, the game was an NCAA production, meaning there is no allowance for team specific things. No commercials, no ads, not on the video board, not on the ice or in the stands. That's why there were big blue banners covering up things like the big On Wisconsin on the end by the concession stand. Anyway, that's why no official Varsity. I think the band could have gone rogue and done it anyway, but there could be no announcement about "our time honored Varsity." Anyway, that's the reason. There's a lot of protocol stuff and the university can get fined or disciplined for breaking it. There are official timers for how quickly teams have to get to the post game press conference. It's all really regimented and it's not worth the negative impact.
    FYI & FWIW: All of the Regional Hosts were facing similar restrictions this weekend. If things at the OSU Ice Rink seemed a little unusual, it most likely traces back to this factor.

Leave a comment:

• osualum86
    replied
    Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
    None of us were happy campers after last weekend's loss to UW. We played below ability, while the Badgers played great. I stand by the "No Stars" evaluation. Fortunately the Buckeyes reacted very well in the next outing.

No kidding! Being that it's my last 3 Stars Post of the season, I'm going to take a little extra time to sort it out. (Might watch some of the B1G+ stream.) But only a little. Expect the post later today.

I imagine I'll have some things to say about the Frozen Four. Still, I usually only post "Frozen Four Memories" -- regardless of the participating teams. I'm sure it's understandable that the number of memories goes up when the Buckeyes are in the field. (winking emoji here) But the point being that the 3 Stars is something I do for Home games.

I've literally lost count of the number of years I've been at it. Yet to the best of my recollection, I've only made one exception. I was traveling, and had the opportunity to see Penn State & RIT play @ Polisseni. Great venue; fun game. Since I was attending alone, I decided to give it a shot. IIRC, it was Lindsay who dubbed that post "Pgb on the Road." But I digress. See you later today.
    As always, looking forward to your Three Stars! It's the highlight of a home hockey weekend on here!

Leave a comment:

• osualum86
    replied

Hope you're not sore about that correct and timely interference call on the Buckeyes!
    LOL, hey there, Cct78. I will just say I am not going to change your opinion on that call and you are not going to change mine. Good luck Friday!
    Last edited by osualum86; 03-17-2024, 08:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pgb-ohio
    replied
    After last weekend's blowout loss in the WCHA Final Faceoff Title Game, Pgb indicated that no Buckeyes would have made the three stars of the game, and rightly so after that performance. That loss was probably the worst thing that could have happened for the UMD Bulldogs today as the Buckeyes came out with fire in their eyes.
    None of us were happy campers after last weekend's loss to UW. We played below ability, while the Badgers played great. I stand by the "No Stars" evaluation. Fortunately the Buckeyes reacted very well in the next outing.

Pgb will have plenty of players to choose from for this edition of the Three Stars!
    No kidding! Being that it's my last 3 Stars Post of the season, I'm going to take a little extra time to sort it out. (Might watch some of the B1G+ stream.) But only a little. Expect the post later today.

I imagine I'll have some things to say about the Frozen Four. Still, I usually only post "Frozen Four Memories" -- regardless of the participating teams. I'm sure it's understandable that the number of memories goes up when the Buckeyes are in the field. (winking emoji here) But the point being that the 3 Stars is something I do for Home games.

I've literally lost count of the number of years I've been at it. Yet to the best of my recollection, I've only made one exception. I was traveling, and had the opportunity to see Penn State & RIT play @ Polisseni. Great venue; fun game. Since I was attending alone, I decided to give it a shot. IIRC, it was Lindsay who dubbed that post "Pgb on the Road." But I digress. See you later today.

Leave a comment:

• robertearle
    replied

Hope you're not sore about that correct and timely interference call on the Buckeyes!
    I was there, sitting along the blue line at that end of the ice, and happened to be looking specifically at the two players involved. Just before the Buckeye took the shot that went in, another Buckeye "picked" the Clarkson defender, preventing her from moving towards the shooter and possibly blocking the shot. Absolutely, 100% correct call.

------------

Video of that game is also in the BTN 'archive', for anyone who has access to it. Nice, clear slo-motion replay of the sequence at about the 55 minute point of their video. The ref is immediately waiving off the goal and indicating the penalty. He has his hand up even before the puck goes into the net.
    Last edited by robertearle; 03-17-2024, 10:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X