Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio State Buckeyes 2023-24 The Muzzinator Gonna Muzzinate!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bkruczynski
    replied
    Hopefully everyone made it home safely from a fabulous weekend. Shelton and I made it back to Columbus, home of the 2024 Women’s Ice Hockey National Champions, around 6 pm. It was good seeing everyone one. Meeting lots of new folks.

The Ohio State University Women’s Ice Hockey Team, 2024 National Champions. Go Bucks!

Leave a comment:

• benchwarmer5
    replied
    Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
    Enter first-year Buckeye forward Joy Dunne. Joy took a feed from Hannah Bilka (Cayla Barnes also got an assist on the play) and sent a rocket up and over Wisconsin goaltender Ava McNaughton's right shoulder for the game-winner with 7:12 left in the third period. Buckeye netminder Raygan Kirk and her teammates made it stand and completed the shutout to win the 2024 National Title. The Buckeyes outshot Wisconsin 28-26 in this one. Raygan Kirk stopped all 26 shots she faced and was named the Frozen Four MOP. Ava McNaughton stopped 27 of the 28 shots she faced for the Badgers.
    Pretty sure upon close examination that there was a significant deflection on Dunne's shot by Badger backchecker- Wheeler I believe. Looks like McNaughton would have been all over the initial trajectory of the shot had that deflection not occured. Either way- tough bounces can go either way and that's usually how these games tend to go.

Leave a comment:

• pgb-ohio
    replied
    Amazing & Wonderful Tournament.

Coming Soon: Top 10 Memories of the 2024 Frozen Four

My Monday: Many Miles To Drive Before I Sleep.

Recommendation: Don’t miss Nicole Haase’s feature article on the Championship Game. Nicole gets it. The Women’s Hockey Community is extremely fortunate to have Nicole on the job.

Leave a comment:

• osualum86
    replied
    Well, there was a game played earlier today. Woody Hayes always said "Anything easy ain't worth a damn." This was a hard-fought game that for a while, looked like it would require extra time, or as us fans like to call it, "bonus hockey." Enter first-year Buckeye forward Joy Dunne. Joy took a feed from Hannah Bilka (Cayla Barnes also got an assist on the play) and sent a rocket up and over Wisconsin goaltender Ava McNaughton's right shoulder for the game-winner with 7:12 left in the third period. Buckeye netminder Raygan Kirk and her teammates made it stand and completed the shutout to win the 2024 National Title. The Buckeyes outshot Wisconsin 28-26 in this one. Raygan Kirk stopped all 26 shots she faced and was named the Frozen Four MOP. Ava McNaughton stopped 27 of the 28 shots she faced for the Badgers. The all tournament team was as follows.

F Kirsten Simms Wisconsin
    F Makenna Webster Ohio State
    F Joy Dunne Ohio State
    D Cayla Barnes Ohio State
    D Caroline Harvey Wisconsin
    G Raygan Kirk Ohio State

Wisconsin finishes their season 35-6, the Buckeyes finished 35-4. Now begins the long offseason, but it's not so bad when your team is the one that won the last game of the season.

Leave a comment:

• osualum86
    replied
    Thanks for the congratulatory posts BowWowWow, vicb, and QuasiCosmos! It was a heck of a game!

Leave a comment:

• osualum86
    replied
    Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
    Congrats Buckeyes! I said this last time but I hope your accomplishment continues to inspire and grow girls hockey in this state.
    Lindsay, thank you! Always nice to see classy posts over here from other fans, rather than the incessant whining/trolling because our coach knows how to work the transfer portal and outworks the other coaches when it comes to that.

Leave a comment:

• osualum86
    replied
    Originally posted by PuckLover View Post
    Congrats to OSU, BC, Qpac, Clarkson, Penn St, Wisconsin, Mankato and Robert Morris (i.e. the OSU roster). Thank God the NCAA's COVID fiasco is now finally over.
    I usually ignore trolls, but funny, they were all wearing Ohio State sweaters and looked like Buckeyes to me. Also talked to some parents this weekend and found out OSU wasn't the only WCHA school that was trying to get these players. Seems like a bunch of sour grapes that they picked OSU instead of the others.

Leave a comment:

• QuasiCosmos
    replied
    Didn't have a horse in the race. So I got to just enjoy good women's hockey. I expected a high scoring shootout, but instead got to enjoy great defensive performances. Thanks to both teams for an exciting well-played game.

Leave a comment:

• vicb
    replied
    Congrats to the Buckeyes and especially former Knights Markowski and Bernard.

Leave a comment:

• BowWowWow
    replied
    Good game and exciting to watch! Congratulations to the Buckeyes!

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied
    Talk about karma. Losing to the Badgers last year 1-0 and beating them this year 1-0

Leave a comment:

• KTDC
    replied
    That was a good game. It was fun for a Gopher fan missing the good old days to watch Kelsey Cline celebrating with the players after the goal!!

Congrats Buckeyes.

Leave a comment:

• Lindsay
    replied
    Congrats Buckeyes! I said this last time but I hope your accomplishment continues to inspire and grow girls hockey in this state.

Leave a comment:

• robertearle
    replied
    Originally posted by PuckLover View Post
    Congrats to OSU, BC, Qpac, Clarkson, Penn St, Wisconsin, Mankato and Robert Morris (i.e. the OSU roster). Thank God the NCAA's COVID fiasco is now finally over.
    The 2020-21 freshmen still have a "COVID year" available to them in 2024-25. So we're not quite there yet.

Leave a comment:

• PuckLover
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X