Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio State Buckeyes 2023-24 The Muzzinator Gonna Muzzinate!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State putting the hammer down on St.Lawrence,
    10-0 with 6:38 left in the game!

Comment

• Final of 11-0 ... yikes!
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Nice night for North East Ohio native Lauren Bernard, who had the game winner and some beautiful moves assisting a Webster goal in the second frame. It just so happened there was a bus load of Cleveland hockey girls that had made the trip down to watch OSU. Despite the blowout probably a very impactful night for those young girls. Great to see!

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
          Final of 11-0 ... yikes!
          I'd call it a signature win to dominate the #6 team so badly. St.Lawrence very late in the game took some frustration venting hits on our girls that could have injured. The last one was a five minute major with under two minutes left in the game so I'd say they didn't like what we did to them.

Comment

• Ohio State faced off against a top ten opponent earlier tonight in the 6th-ranked St. Lawrence Saints ... and it was no contest. Ohio State won this one 11-0. The game was close for a period as Lauren Bernard put the Bucks up 1-0 and that is how the first period ended. Ohio State flexed their muscles in the second period with seven more goals to take an 8-0 lead into the final intermission. The second period goals were scored by Sloane Matthews, Jenn Gardiner, Kiara Zanon, Kelsey King (2), and Makenna Webster (2). The Buckeyes added three more goals in the third period, two from Jocelyn Amos and one from Joy Dunne to make the final score 11-0. Ohio State outshot St. Lawrence 41-15 with Raygan Kirk stopping all 15 shots she faced in the win. Emma-Sofie Nordstrom and Kassidy Lawrence combined to stop 30 of the 41 shots they faced for the Saints. The two teams will wrap up their series tomorrow at 3:00 pm EST.
            Last edited by osualum86; 11-24-2023, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

I'd call it a signature win to dominate the #6 team so badly. St.Lawrence very late in the game took some frustration venting hits on our girls that could have injured. The last one was a five minute major with under two minutes left in the game so I'd say they didn't like what we did to them.
              Maybe if they would have played better tonight, they wouldn't have to goon it up at the end. Newsflash to St. Lawrence and anyone else whose asses we kick ... it's not our job to stop ourselves, it's your team's job to stop us. As one great coach once said, "If you don't like it, get better." I am thinking Coach was probably reading all the diss jobs from rival fans on the WCHA thread and let the girls know about it. You saw the result tonight. #OhioAgainstTheWorld

I wouldn't necessarily call this a signature win, but I would definitely call it a statement win.
              Last edited by osualum86; 11-24-2023, 09:46 PM.

Comment

• Final Score From Friday, November 24th
                Ohio State 11
                St. Lawrence 0

Thanksgiving Goal Feast
                Call it dynamic offense on display. From a Buckeye perspective, it was exhilarating to see creativity and production from up and down the line-up.

The first period? Quite competitive. The second period? The roof fell in on the Saints. The third period? The "13th Forward," Delaney Fleming, earned an assist. The 4th Line closed out the scoring.

Saturday? Expect a much closer game.

Three Stars Of The Game: Decidedly Unofficial & Just For Fun

St. Lawrence Honorable Mention: Melissa Jefferies
                I doubt that any of the Saints are in the mood to receive honors. But you couldn't miss Melissa. Jefferies gained possession in her defensive zone countless times, then routinely led the St. Lawrence breakout with skill, calm and grace under pressure.

Ohio State Honorable Mention: Lauren Bernard & Cleveland Barons Girls Hockey
                Lindsay beat me to the punch, and I don't mind a bit. She nailed it: Great night for NE Ohio with Lauren's GWG, and the impressive Barons turnout. So cool to see that solid block of Barons jerseys in the stands.

#3 Star: Raygan Kirk, Ohio State
                Definitely some quality saves, particularly in the competitive first period. Had a couple of those Saints chances gotten through, it would have been a very different game. Instead, Rock Solid Raygan provided the Buckeyes with a firm foundation. Shutout deserved; Shutout earned.

#2 Star: Makenna Webster, Ohio State
                The Buglioni/Zanon/Webster Line was on fire Friday night, and Makenna was scalding hot. Webster scored her first two goals of the ice hockey season, and added an assist. It would seem that the transition from field back to ice is already complete.

#1 Star: Kiara Zanon, Ohio State
                Kiara Zanon, Warrior Princess. The Play of the Game belongs to Kiara. Wow Factor Goal. Zanon swooped past a St. Lawrence Defender, then befuddled the Saints Keeper.

No doubt Kiara would try to deflect the praise to teammates. But you know what? It's fun to be #1. And Zanon truly earned that distinction. In her private thoughts I hope she relishes her goal to remember.

Up Next: Rematch with the Saints. The most loyal Women's Hockey supporters will be in position for the 3:00 PM Face-Off. You'll be there? Me too. The rest of Buckeye Nation will be watching Football. No sense denying the obvious.

Comment

• Zanon is thriving at OSU. For people who regularly watch the team play, who of the newcomers has impressed you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                    Zanon is thriving at OSU. For people who regularly watch the team play, who of the newcomers has impressed you?
                    Bilka hands down!

Comment

• So what was that long delay before the start of the 3rd and Webster going into the box? Myself and those around me couldn't make out what was said on the PA.
                      Mr.PGB?

Comment

• Ohio State finished the sweep today by a final score of 5-1 over St. Lawrence. The Buckeyes opened the scoring with a first-period goal from Joy Dunne to take a 1-0 lead into the first intermission. The Saints would get on the board in this contest and tie it on a second period goal from Abby Hustler and the teams went into the second intermission with a 1-1 tie and the game still in doubt. The third period was all Ohio State as the Buckeyes came out firing and scored 4 third-period goals to win it 5-1. The Buckeye goals were scored by Jocelyn Amos, Jenn Gardiner, Makenna Webster, and Jenna Buglioni. The Buckeyes outshot St. Lawrence in this one 41-9. Buckeye netminder Amanda Thiele got the start in this one and stopped 8 of the 9 shots she faced in the win. Emma-Sofie Nordstrom got the start in this one and stopped 36 of the 41 shots she faced for St. Lawrence. The Buckeyes are home again next weekend as they will welcome conference foe St. Cloud for games on 12/1-12/2. St. Lawrence will stay on the road for games against Harvard and Dartmouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                          Zanon is thriving at OSU. For people who regularly watch the team play, who of the newcomers has impressed you?
                          Lindsay, thank you for always being a great fan on our thread. This is actually a difficult question as all the newcomers have made some great contributions. They have all scored goals or handed out assists, or made some major contributions on the D side. If you were going to corner me with the question of who has impressed me the most, I would have to say Hannah Bilka. She is so fast on the ice and so skilled! Wish we would have had her for all five years instead of just one!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                            So what was that long delay before the start of the 3rd and Webster going into the box? Myself and those around me couldn't make out what was said on the PA.
                            Mr.PGB?
                            Perhaps the Answer is in The Stars.

Coming Soon.

Comment

• Jocelyn Amos is something else to watch. Amos is a freshman but plays like a seasoned veteran. I love the way Amos just makes BIG plays. Jocelyn is explosive, strong and displays high hockey IQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sierra View Post
                                Jocelyn Amos is something else to watch. Amos is a freshman but plays like a seasoned veteran. I love the way Amos just makes BIG plays. Jocelyn is explosive, strong and displays high hockey IQ.
                                I only watch what’s posted online but YES Amos stands out. Checked the stats and she leads the team in shots.

Consensus that Bilka is another who stands out. Makes sense.

Not to you Buckeye fans of course, but Jen Gardiner seems to fly under the radar (not a newcomer). She quietly leads the team in points.

Comment

Working...
                                X