Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio State Buckeyes 2023-24 The Muzzinator Gonna Muzzinate!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I sure you like to see the film on this one. Last weekend a Kato player skated into a UW player, fell down, and the UW player got tagged for checking.
    I made an mp4 video file of a screen capture of the replay, run through twice. 40 seconds, about 229 meg. Probably too big to email. I could look at creating a link to a dropbox account I created a while back.

See if this link works.

https://www.dropbo*****/scl/fi/updbr...mix4765jz&dl=0
    Last edited by robertearle; 10-20-2023, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

I made an mp4 video file of a screen capture of the replay, run through twice. 40 seconds, about 229 meg. Probably too big to email. I could look at creating a link to a dropbox account I created a while back.

See if this link works.

Nice job on posting the video in question. That should not have been a five minute major penalty. Maybe getting ticky, tacky with it, elbowing or interferance. Like I posted earlier, you can see the yuckeye player pop her head up after the two chihuahua players and the ref skate by her to check to see if she sold it good enough.

tough deal for the Chihuahuas but in the end, the team that was better over the course of two games, won both games.

At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• I think the difference between robertearle and us Buckeyes is he must wear 60-120 glasses and we wear rose colored ones. LOL!

Comment

See if this link works.

Oh my.....That is exactly what happened to the Badger player last week! Gets ran into and gets the penalty. What a joke. And then the OSU player falls over like she had her muscles sucked out of her legs by an alien. LOL. She could have got 2 for embellishment.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

See if this link works.

That's not even a penalty, much less a five-minute major. The Duluth player wasn't even moving...the Ohio State player skated right into her, and took six full strides to do it.

Comment

• Don't you guys ever get tired of the thinner? Maybe sniffing glue would be a nice change of pace? LOL

Comment

See if this link works.

If you focus on the Duluth D, she clearly takes one deliberate stride into the oncoming OSU player's path. The OSU player was not looking that way and skated directly into the Duluth D, and it looks like she skated into her face-first. Whether her face hit the Duluth D's elbow or shoulder is irrelevant. I think it should have been called a minor for interference or maybe body checking, but that is not a major in my opinion. The oldest lesson in the book is to always skate with your head up and look where you're going with and without the puck! The OSU player got puck fixated and was staring at the puck instead of taking a quick look at where she was skating. Unfortunately skating like that is not too bright. The play-by-play guy is wrong because the Duluth D definitely looked and saw the OSU player coming and she clearly takes that one stride to get in her way, and wow did she get in her way!

Comment

• I got no dog in this fight. Only one angle from a long ways away. Is that Ryhorchuk? He is on the side opposite from the camera and what he sees is what he sees. And then he sees enough on the replay to convince himself that he is right.

Big deal, little deal or no deal?

Little deal. Based on the run of play over 120 minutes for the weekend it seems quite likely that Ohio State wins both games with or without this call.

No dog in this fight, time to move on.
                  Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

• Ohio State took game one of their series against St. Thomas earlier today by a final score of 6-2. Hannah Bilka opened the scoring in the first period to put the Bucks up 1-0. The Tommies answered on a goal from Cara Sajevic to tie it up, but that was as close as St. Thomas would get. Still in the first period, the Buckeyes got goals from Lauren Bernard, Jocelyn Amos (her first collegiate goal), and Kiara Zanon to go into the first intermission up 4-1. The second period was scoreless until Ohio State's Emma Peschel lit the lamp with less than a second left to send the Bucks into the final intermission with a 5-1 lead. The Tommies got on the board first in the third period when Cara Sajevic scored her second goal of the game to bring St. Thomas to within 5-2. The Buckeyes would score the game's final goal as Hannah Bilka would get her second goal of the game to make the final score 6-2. Shots on goal were heavily in favor of Ohio State, 57-19. Raygan Kirk stopped 17 of the 19 shots she faced to get the win. For St. Thomas, Calla Frank and Maggie Malecha combined to stop 51 of the 57 shots they faced. The Buckeyes and Tommies will wrap up their series tomorrow at 3:00 pm EST.

Comment

• Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                      Ohio State took game one of their series against St. Thomas earlier today by a final score of 6-2.
                      Not a perfect game, but a very solid win.

The Tommies got on the board first in the third period when Cara Sajevic scored her second goal of the game to bring St. Thomas to within 5-2.
                      Sajevic gave a fine performance, as did linemate Rylee Bartz. Rylee actually assisted on both of Cara's goals. Both are Freshmen. Two fine additions for the Tommies.

Question For St. Thomas Fans: Are people really calling St. Thomas athletes "the Toms" these days? Was surprised to hear the play-by-play guy refer to them that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post

Question For St. Thomas Fans: Are people really calling St. Thomas athletes "the Toms" these days? Was surprised to hear the play-by-play guy refer to them that way.
                        At least they're not called The Tomettes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

At least they're not called The Tomettes.
                          The Tomcats?

I expect it's like calling Ohio State "the Bucks" every now and then.

Comment

• Ohio State completed the sweep in St. Paul earlier today, beating St. Thomas by a final score of 7-1. Kenzie Hauswirth scored the game's first goal to give the Buckeyes a 1-0 lead at the first intermission. Ohio State would get the first two goals of the second frame as Jenn Gardiner and Olivia Mobley both lit the lamp to give the Bucks a 3-0 lead. The Tommies got a goal from Allie Monrean to cut the OSU advantage to two goals at 3-1. Ohio State's Kiara Zanon would score the final goal of the second period to put the Bucks up 4-1 at the final intermission. Ohio State got three more goals in the third period from Kiara Zanon, Kelsey King, and Cayla Barnes to make the final score 7-1. The Buckeyes outshot the Tommies 45-21. Amanda Thiele got the start in net for Ohio State and stopped 20 of the 21 shots she faced in the win. St. Thomas netminder Olivia King stopped 38 of the 45 shots she faced. After starting the season with six straight road games, the Buckeyes will finally return home to the friendly confines of the OSU Ice Rink to take on the 4th ranked Minnesota Golden Gophers. This "murderers row" of games for St. Thomas (Minnesota last weekend, Ohio State this weekend), continues next weekend as they will host #1-ranked Wisconsin.

Comment

The Tomcats?

Our chant is indeed Go Bucks!

Comment

The Tomcats?

Makes sense. It's just that "Toms" is a new one for me.

I happen to know a couple of St. Thomas alums. I have never, ever heard them refer to their sports teams as the Toms.

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye
                                Our chant is indeed Go Bucks!
                                Of course. But that's been common parlance for as long as I can remember!

There's nothing wrong with new things. I was just wondering if "Toms" is catching on, or if that was just one announcer's creative way of putting it.

Comment

Working...
                                X