Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you like your team to play in non conference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steamboat
    replied
    Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    Isn't it interesting none of the fans of the east coast teams are saying they want to play WCHA teams?
    That is interesting. Probably afraid a Bemidji loss might affect their pairwise rating.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied
    Isn't it interesting none of the fans of the east coast teams are saying they want to play WCHA teams?

Leave a comment:

• Steamboat
    replied
    Not to harp about 2014 anymore, but Clarkson was number two all year in every stat. I didn't take them for granted, but I think the entire Gopher establishment did. That was the matchup I wanted to see, but the team that hit the ice thought they were there to pick up hardware, not to play. I still criticize the coaching staff for that one.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    That would really get the chatter going between Timothy & Tony!
    T3 has abandoned us. I hope that rumor is true.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied
    Originally posted by Fathead View Post

Rumor is that BC is going to UW this fall.
    That would really get the chatter going between Timothy & Tony!

Leave a comment:

• Fathead
    replied
    Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

The team that should have won, won.

I'd like to see UW play BC and Hawvawd.
    Rumor is that BC is going to UW this fall.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    Originally posted by ARM View Post
    The 2014 Clarkson team doesn't get enough credit. Did UM play well in that game? No, not particularly, but the Golden Knights were loaded that year, even though they struggled a bit in the fall. Disappointing, yes, but not embarrassing. In 2017, the coach that "should" have won lives about 4 hours east of Frost.
    The team that should have won, won.

I'd like to see UW play BC and Hawvawd.

Leave a comment:

• ARM
    replied
    Originally posted by Steamboat View Post
    As a Gopher fan I very much like the idea of playing Clarkson a time or two before March. I don't know what the coaching staffs might think, but as a spectator I would be interested in seeing Brad Frost put to the test against a team that embarrassed him in the past.
    The 2014 Clarkson team doesn't get enough credit. Did UM play well in that game? No, not particularly, but the Golden Knights were loaded that year, even though they struggled a bit in the fall. Disappointing, yes, but not embarrassing. In 2017, the coach that "should" have won lives about 4 hours east of Frost.

Anyway, to the greater point, I've always enjoyed the Princeton matchups stylistically. Pace makes the race, and the Tigers like to skate.

Unfortunately, don't know how many of these games we're likely to see in the future. Frost doesn't seem very committed to bringing strong NC opponents to Minneapolis. His teams only play contenders in regions where college hockey is a dream.

Leave a comment:

• Steamboat
    replied
    As a Gopher fan I very much like the idea of playing Clarkson a time or two before March. I don't know what the coaching staffs might think, but as a spectator I would be interested in seeing Brad Frost put to the test against a team that embarrassed him in the past.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied
    Originally posted by BadgerPete View Post
    My pipe dream was always some kind of WCHA/ECAC Challenge based on the previous season's records. (I know it doesn't work because 8 and 12 teams, but just Top 8 would be fun.)

The matchups would be fun I feel. For instance based on last year, this year would be:
    Ohio State-Yale
    Minnesota-Colgate
    Wisconsin-Quinnipiac
    UMD-Clarkson
    St. Cloud-Cornell
    Minnesota St-St. Lawrence
    St. Thomas-Princeton
    Bemidji-Harvard

More matchups like that would be a lot of fun.
    That's a very cool idea!

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied
    I'd like to see OSU play BC, BU & Penn State.
    Some fans may grumble about travel to away games but if I could stream them I'd be good with that.

Leave a comment:

• vicb
    replied
    Given their geographic locations, I am surprised that Clarkson and Vermont mens and womens teams do not play more often. Not sure why? Would be nice to see the women of Clarkson and BC and BU play. Hope to see Clarkson go to Penn State so that my wife and I can make a trip up to Happy Valley (as long as it is on a NON-Football weekend). Pegula arena is a great place to watch a game.

Leave a comment:

• BadgerPete
    replied
    My pipe dream was always some kind of WCHA/ECAC Challenge based on the previous season's records. (I know it doesn't work because 8 and 12 teams, but just Top 8 would be fun.)

The matchups would be fun I feel. For instance based on last year, this year would be:
    Ohio State-Yale
    Minnesota-Colgate
    Wisconsin-Quinnipiac
    UMD-Clarkson
    St. Cloud-Cornell
    Minnesota St-St. Lawrence
    St. Thomas-Princeton
    Bemidji-Harvard

More matchups like that would be a lot of fun.

Leave a comment:

• BowWowWow
    replied
    I'd enjoy tilts between Yale and Vermont or Northeastern. I appreciate Vermont's fan base, and they've been cracking the rankings rather like Yale. Seeing Northeastern again would be fun.

Leave a comment:

• Who would you like your team to play in non conference?

Just for the sake of discussion in the off season is there a team or two you would like your team to play against in a non confrrenc series?
Working...
X