Gopher Women's Hockey 2023-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

I sure hope she plays and is whole enough that her game isn't compromised. Otherwise my prediction of a split might be in jeopardy.
    ​​
    Looks like she is listed in the line chart for the game...
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

Looks like she is listed in the line chart for the game...
      That's good but how health, 70, 90, 100 percent?

Comment

• I may have to amend my belief that the Gophers are the third best team in the WCHA. We'll se how it goes tomorrow, but they were definitely the better team on the ice tonight.

One thing that seems clear is that Minnesota has a big advantage in goaltending over both Wisconsin and Ohio State.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

That's good but how health, 70, 90, 100 percent?
          Good enough to score twice, terrorize the Badger power play, and make multiple trips to the penalty box. So, she seems pretty healthy and normal.
          Last edited by Still Eeyore; 12-08-2023, 11:27 PM.

Comment

• I have two takeaways from this series:

1) These are two very good, evenly matched teams. The games in Madison, as well as the postseason, should be fun.
            2) Don't schedule a game against a very physical, top ten team on the Tuesday before playing a series against a very physical, top five team. The Gophers hit a wall with about five minutes left in the second period on Saturday, and what had been a very competitive game turned into a rout. The third period was lopsided, as Minnesota showed all of the signs of extreme fatigue. They couldn't skate with Wisconsin, and they made a ton of bad decisions. I'm pretty sure that this was because of what the overtime game up in St Cloud took out of them. We'll se in February.

Comment

• What are your thoughts about your goaltender situation? I found it interesting that Morgan is undefeated and Vetter has the three losses and I think Morgan looked better overall though Vetter to get less support defensively in game two.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                What are your thoughts about your goaltender situation? I found it interesting that Morgan is undefeated and Vetter has the three losses and I think Morgan looked better overall though Vetter to get less support defensively in game two.
                One was a all American along with Frankle you see the results I’m surprised she’s not in a badger uniform with the curl connection could of used her
                I’m disappointed we don’t get to watch her in the Ecac
                Last edited by RightbackatU; 12-11-2023, 03:00 PM.

Comment

What are your thoughts about your goaltender situation? I found it interesting that Morgan is undefeated and Vetter has the three losses and I think Morgan looked better overall though Vetter to get less support defensively in game two.
                  I still think it's Vetter's net to lose when all is said and done. Frost has handed her the toughest matchups and she's really held the fort well since stealing the job last year. No issues with how she's played.

Morgan's been as good as you could possibly hope for this year. This is the Gophers' best tandem since the criminally underrated Gulstene/Scobee group.

Comment

• Originally posted by eastcoastgopher View Post

I still think it's Vetter's net to lose when all is said and done. Frost has handed her the toughest matchups and she's really held the fort well since stealing the job last year. No issues with how she's played.

Morgan's been as good as you could possibly hope for this year. This is the Gophers' best tandem since the criminally underrated Gulstene/Scobee group.
                    What I saw he gave Morgan the first game against Wisconsin if you were at the games this weekend you know why

if you look at the numbers looks like Morgan sitting in 3rd wcha St. Cloud has the best goalie in the conference no argument there
                    Last edited by Xcfire; 12-11-2023, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Looks like ya got a pretty decent d on the way, eh?
                      Five Rodents on the Canadian u18 team. Yikes

Comment

Five Rodents on the Canadian u18 team. Yikes
                        No worries...They are muzzinator rejects because, as you know, the muzzinator get who she wants...

Oh and thank you and the other non tunneler posters for keeping this ghostown of a thread going.
                        Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 12-15-2023, 09:05 AM.

Comment

No worries...They are muzzinator rejects because, as you know, the muzzinator get who she wants...
                          I'm just thankful that she leaves a few players for the rodents and the BADgers to fill out their rosters with.

Comment

• Something to interrupt the cricket sounds emanating from this thread.

This was posted on the GPL site and don't shoot me as I am just a messenger passing along information...

https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2024/...ed_to_dominate

Comment

Something to interrupt the cricket sounds emanating from this thread.

This was posted on the GPL site and don't shoot me as I am just a messenger passing along information...

Yep. Wisconsin and Ohio State(the) shall resume their rightful place behind the Gophers in the polls and the season ending standings.

Comment

Something to interrupt the cricket sounds emanating from this thread.

She really seems motivated to play in the women's professional league so here's to hoping she leaves after her freshman year to accomplish her dream. Why waste away the best young years of your life playing in empty rinks and in rinky dink towns across the Midwest. Be a trailblazer young lady!

Comment

Working...
                                X