Gopher Women's Hockey 2023-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

Your lips to God's ear! I'm worried about getting through the next five days without "news".
    When MJ does retire it will be a point of much discussion on forum on who bails and who stays with the new regime. I think it would mostly impact recruits and not those already in the program.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
      If another Megan Bozek (Illinois) comes along, in the current/recent environment would Minnesota get her or would she be pretty motivated to choose Wisconsin to further her USA Hockey dreams?
      Minnesota has historically done okay with kids from Mission, even though geography would favor Wisconsin. I'm sure that having Bozek helped to get Sidney Peters, Cara Piazza, and Sophie Skarzynski. Murphy and Huber were a later wave.
      Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
      So Minnesota should be right back there and getting Chloe Primerano has got to have them in the hunt. But we’ve also said that before.
      The province of BC is the other place where they've made inroads. Muzerall was one of their few impact players from Ontario, along with Clarke, Terry, and Leveille. Others didn't work out for one reason or another. The core has to come from Minnesota, or they won't have the quantity to compete. USA Hockey might want to stash the prospects from around the country at UW or a BC successor, but if you can keep the local blue chips at home, then it works out.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        That will be hard to do with Minnesota's legendary Muzzinator holding Ohio State hockey camps in Minnesota to poach the in-state talent. Don't worry, it will balance out, she will be holding those camps in Wisconsin too!
        Please... By all means, host camps in Sconnyville. Lot's of girls youth hockey talent there...(not).
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

Please... By all means, host camps in Sconnyville. Lot's of girls youth hockey talent there...(not).
          Yeah, sconi is a wasteland of girl's high school hockey. If anyone he has any talent they go
          play for the Chicago mission or go to SSM, or perhaps go out east. I would love to see Muzzy load up her roster with Wisconsin born players.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Yeah, sconi is a wasteland of girl's high school hockey. If anyone he has any talent they go
            play for the Chicago mission or go to SSM, or perhaps go out east. I would love to see Muzzy load up her roster with Wisconsin born players.
            (With the occasional exception, of course. At least three Wisconsin born Patty Kaz winners.)

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
              . (With the occasional exception, of course. At least three Wisconsin born Patty Kaz winners.)
              And having a hockey camp in WI would not have given a coach some mega in with a player of that caliber. When MJ talks, people listen.

Comment

• I dunno, why not post it here.

Why would the bookie accept $4.5 million in bets from someone who clearly doesn't have an income that supports him being able to pay off if he loses. That's a sucker bet.

On the other hand, you might well accept large wagers from a guy who just signed a deal to receive $700 million.

Just sayin' the story being passed around on ESPN and MLB doesn't smell very good to me.
                Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

• In nosing around your roster, I see ya'll are only losing 4 Grad players and have 3 Sr's one of which has left. You're practically bringing back the whole team plus your shiny new Italian toy arrives. Tosu, who I now refer to as "they", will be less potent next year and WI has a lot of inexperienced players as in Fr or injured players returning, things are looking up for the tunnelers next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    In nosing around your roster, I see ya'll are only losing 4 Grad players and have 3 Sr's one of which has left. You're practically bringing back the whole team plus your shiny new Italian toy arrives. Tosu, who I now refer to as "they", will be less potent next year and WI has a lot of inexperienced players as in Fr or injured players returning, things are looking up for the tunnelers next year.
                    And it seems more than possible that I'll be moving out of Minnesota in a few months for a job at a different university (that only has club men's hockey). So yeah, as is tradition, it's going to be another perfect season and I'll not get to see any of it.

Still baffled by Jose and Isa leaving. Still haven't gotten an answer as to why they are. Both seemed set-up for great years next year.
                    RowTheBoatSkiUMahGoGophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by StPaulSam View Post
                      Still baffled by Jose and Isa leaving. Still haven't gotten an answer as to why they are. Both seemed set-up for great years next year.
                      It probably has a lot to do with an overcrowded roster. The Gophers return every forward that dressed last year, and are bringing in two more. They have only three forwards (A. Wethington; P. Hemp; and Huber) that will be out of eligibility after next year. Goettl likely looked around and decided that there wasn't much playing time in her future.

They do lose three defensemen this year, and two more next year, but they have four coming in. So, Josie Hemp's situation wasn't as dire, but she, too, could easily have assumed that she wouldn't see the ice much.

Comment

• New Leadership Is Necessary! What happened? Just get lackadaisical with your position? You have the cream of the crop to choose from!

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post

It probably has a lot to do with an overcrowded roster. The Gophers return every forward that dressed last year, and are bringing in two more. They have only three forwards (A. Wethington; P. Hemp; and Huber) that will be out of eligibility after next year. Goettl likely looked around and decided that there wasn't much playing time in her future.

They do lose three defensemen this year, and two more next year, but they have four coming in. So, Josie Hemp's situation wasn't as dire, but she, too, could easily have assumed that she wouldn't see the ice much.
                          Current roster for next season, though I'm sure there will be a couple of transfers up front:

F: Wethington (Gr.), Hemp, Murphy, Huber (Sr.), Bouveng, Franco (played more F than D last year), Conner, Kaiser (Jr.), Lindsay, Kreisz, O'Hara (So.), Distad, Puppe (Fr.)

D: Nicholson (Gr.), Zumwinkle (Sr.), Laitinen (Jr.), Klepinger (So.), Graham, Humphrey, Kosobud, Primerano (Fr.)

G: Vetter (Sr.), Johnson (Jr.), Clark (Fr.)

Comment

• As with most modern era refrigerators the one in my house has an automatic defrost cycle. This is a real improvement from the refrigerators of my youth. An automatic defrost is a good thing.

Just sayin'.
                            Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

• Per Ian Kennedy: Natalie Mylnkova is officially heading to the University of Minnesota via the transfer portal.

Gophers just got way more dangerous. That was the best player in the portal after how well she played at Worlds.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post
                                As with most modern era refrigerators the one in my house has an automatic defrost cycle. This is a real improvement from the refrigerators of my youth. An automatic defrost is a good thing.

Just sayin'.
                                If they defrost the fridge, everybody knows who's going to take his place......

Comment

Working...
                                X