Gopher Women's Hockey 2023-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
    Eeyore was at the Wisconsin-St Lawrence game (with his friend Dr Franklin), sitting across the ice from me. When the Minn game went to overtime, the woman sitting next to was checking her phone to see if it had ended, so I told her "see that guy across the way in the Gopher jersey? If he's got his nose buried in his phone, the Minnesota game hasn't ended yet."

:-)
    I looked for you between periods, but didn't see you.

I'm really tired of other teams scoring key goals off of weird ricochets.

Also, regarding the Gophers' disallowed goal, Rule 73.4 says:

Rebounds and Loose Pucks - In a rebound situation, or when a goalkeeper and attacking player(s) are simultaneously attempting to play a loose puck, whether inside or outside the crease, incidental contact with the goalkeeper will be permitted, and any goal that is scored as a result will be allowed.
    Make up your own mind as to whether it should have been waved off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
      I don’t think I’ve ever seen a 4OT game. These poor players!
      There's a list of longest games somewhere on the web site, but I haven't found it yet. I know Wisconsin-Harvard went 127 minutes in the longest scoreless game in 2007, and there are longer games than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post

I looked for you between periods, but didn't see you.

I'm really tired of other teams scoring key goals off of weird ricochets.

Also, regarding the Gophers' disallowed goal, Rule 73.4 says:

Make up your own mind as to whether it should have been waved off.
        I waved a couple times during warmups when you had looked up, but you didn't notice.

Comment

There's a list of longest games somewhere on the web site, but I haven't found it yet. I know Wisconsin-Harvard went 127 minutes in the longest scoreless game in 2007, and there are longer games than that.
          http://www.collegehockeystats.net/06...s/wharwis1.m10

If we hadn't scored the OTPPGWG, we would have had the record.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Eeyore was at the Wisconsin-St Lawrence game (with his friend Dr Franklin), sitting across the ice from me. When the Minn game went to overtime, the woman sitting next to was checking her phone to see if it had ended, so I told her "see that guy across the way in the Gopher jersey? If he's got his nose buried in his phone, the Minnesota game hasn't ended yet."

:-)
            Was eeyore wearing a rodent jersey?
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Was eeyore wearing a rodent jersey?
              Yeah. My gold Skarzynski jersey. I was the only Gopher fan I noted in the building.

Comment

• Wow, 4 OTs, how brutal! At that point it's not the better team who wins but who doesn't make a mistake first when the fatigue sets in.

Comment

Yeah. My gold Skarzynski jersey. I was the only Gopher fan I noted in the building.
                  You walked right past me at the concession stand looking for something. Your jersey sure stood out in the stands.

Comment

You're the most travelled Gopher fan I know. It's awesome you support your team so well. Always glad to welcome you in our barn.

Comment

You walked right past me at the concession stand looking for something. Your jersey sure stood out in the stands.
                      As I said, I was looking for Robert Earle. I'd have looked for you, but I have no idea what you look like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

You're the most travelled Gopher fan I know. It's awesome you support your team so well. Always glad to welcome you in our barn.
                        Crazy Dave made it all the way to today's Gopher game, so I'd say we're in the same ballpark. I opted not to make that trip, since getting to Potsdam doesn't involve driving so much as orienteering.

Comment

As I said, I was looking for Robert Earle. I'd have looked for you, but I have no idea what you look like.
                          Ditto. I was like.."Watts kind of creep is wearing THAT to a BADger game.". Lol

Comment

There's a couple here in Madison that are former graduate students of my father at Michigan, and are basically family, so I come down here a lot. We're also watching movies this weekend: Unbreakable/Split/Glass, and The Drop. I recommend all of them highly.

Comment

• I did not think the Wethington contact justified a penalty but I am not going to complain about the outcome. After six periods and still tied neither team deserves to lose, neither team particularly deserves to win. But a shot on goal with a rebound to someone standing two feet from the net with no defender to be seen? That's a goal and congratulations to Clarkson.
                              Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

Could have been worse, at least it wasn't an Ohio State jersey. LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X