Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vicb View Post

Lucy Morgan against Clarkson

Won 5 Lost 7 Tied 1 (1 win was a 1-0 shutout her freshman year, the other 4 wins were during the COVID Year: 4-3, 2-1, 5-1, 4-3)
    The losses are
    2-1 Freshman Year
    2-1, 2-1, 1-0 Junior year
    3-1, 5-4, 1-0 Senior Year.
    Tie was 1-1 her Junior year.
    wow one goal games I'm sure the gophers will score more than 1 goal

Comment

• Originally posted by RightbackatU View Post
      wow one goal games I'm sure the gophers will score more than 1 goal
      Who knows; the Gophs have been streaky. They scored 82 goals over their first 20 games. In game 21, they got trounced by Ohio State, and it started a stretch where they only scored 30 goals over 13 games. Now, they've scored 21 goals in the last five. If they score 4, they've got a good chance. Two or less, it likely doesn't end well. In most women's hockey games, you need three to win, but that wasn't enough the last couple times they played Clarkson.

The only thing that I'm confident about is that the Golden team will win.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
        Who knows; the Gophs have been streaky. They scored 82 goals over their first 20 games. In game 21, they got trounced by Ohio State, and it started a stretch where they only scored 30 goals over 13 games. Now, they've scored 21 goals in the last five. If they score 4, they've got a good chance. Two or less, it likely doesn't end well. In most women's hockey games, you need three to win, but that wasn't enough the last couple times they played Clarkson.

The only thing that I'm confident about is that the Golden team will win.
        Clarkson is #1 in team D, it's going to be tricky. I'm note sure who I support in this game. Typically I root for WCHA teams, but in reality I want the toughest matchup for Team Muzzy and maybe Clarkson is it. UM's last 2 games against Team M were not pretty.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          ... I want the toughest matchup for Team Muzzy and maybe Clarkson is it.
          Wait -- I thought you had Muzzy losing to UMD in your prediction? Be careful what you wish for, as Clarkson has been better in NCAA finals against the Badgers than any of tOSU, UM, or UMD.

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
            Wait -- I thought you had Muzzy losing to UMD in your prediction? Be careful what you wish for, as Clarkson has been better in NCAA finals against the Badgers than any of tOSU, UM, or UMD.
            Well yeah, I don't want to have to play them again. Playing another team six times is no fun for anybody, from we've been told anyway. Being down to the final eight they're really aren't any easy outs, except for tosu.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Clarkson is #1 in team D, it's going to be tricky. I'm note sure who I support in this game. Typically I root for WCHA teams, but in reality I want the toughest matchup for Team Muzzy and maybe Clarkson is it. UM's last 2 games against Team M were not pretty.
              I think you are afraid the Gophers will outlast the Badgers on the final round. Kind of whistling past the graveyard, Tim?

Comment

• Not too bad of a first period against the fighting nurses coming out with a 2-1 lead...
                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Status quo...Disallowed tunneler goal so it remains a 2-1 tunnelers lead after 2 periods.
                  Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 03-16-2024, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• Of course, the tunnelers give up an ENG with less than two minutes to go and even badly mishandle a puck to give up a penalty with just over a minute left. Surprised the fighting nurses didn't score on that power play and win the game.

Anyway bonus hockey about to start. 2-2 going into the first OT.

Comment

• Eeyore was at the Wisconsin-St Lawrence game (with his friend Dr Franklin), sitting across the ice from me. When the Minn game went to overtime, the woman sitting next to was checking her phone to see if it had ended, so I told her "see that guy across the way in the Gopher jersey? If he's got his nose buried in his phone, the Minnesota game hasn't ended yet."

:-)

Comment

• I was seriously considering driving MN-->Potsdam and it'd be better than wearing a whole in my living room rugs from the pacing (unless we lose in which it'd be the most miserable 17hr drive ever, obviously).
                        RowTheBoatSkiUMahGoGophers!

Comment

• Heading to OT #4...is anyone going to win this thing?

Comment

• Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
                            Heading to OT #4...is anyone going to win this thing?
                            Both teams are stalling, because they're scared of the Buckeyes.

Record-setting year for UM, as they're playing the longest game in program history. When you aren't great, you have to look to make news in other ways.

Comment

• lotta respect for Dan (the Gopher radio play by play announcer) having stuck through this.
                              RowTheBoatSkiUMahGoGophers!

Comment

• I don’t think I’ve ever seen a 4OT game. These poor players!

Comment

Working...
                                X