X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
    And now this: Darwitz no longer an assistant coach

https://www.therinklive.com/womens-c...atalie-darwitz
    That website is fantastic! Lots of great info. St Cloud is loading up on very experienced ezac players from MN. Look out umd.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Darwitz and Bobrowski to coach HS at Hill Murray.
      "Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed" --- Friedrich Nietzche

Comment

Wow, wonder how long she stays at the high school level. Gotta imagine she's gonna win pretty big pretty quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by VTpucksouteast View Post
          Wow, wonder how long she stays at the high school level. Gotta imagine she's gonna win pretty big pretty quickly.
          I think that is where she wants to be, why leave the Associate H/C at the 2nd best women's college hockey spot? She could have probably applied for the Hawvawd job if she was looking to be movin' on up.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
            Is she leaving for the Whitecaps gig? I notice her longtime assistant Bobrowski hasn't landed anywhere publicly either since leaving Elmira last month...

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
            No...As mentioned above, she and Bobrowski are going to be co-head coaches of girls hockey at Hill Murray High School. There is a lot of young talent (including one of Krissy Pohl's daughters) on the Hill Murray team
            Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 06-07-2023, 01:53 PM.
            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Saw this tweet as well...

https://twitter.com/YouthHockeyHub/s...DS3Y-8j58uAAAA

Philosophical differences? Not good when the 2025 recruiting starts June 15th.
              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

No...As mentioned above, she and Bobrowski are going to be co-head coaches of girls hockey at Hill Murray High School. There is a lot of young talent (including one of Krissy Pohl's daughters) on the Hill Murray team
                Yes I posed that before the news dropped, or at least before I saw the news had dropped.

Very interesting move. I'm wondering who the Whitecaps go after now...

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I think that is where she wants to be, why leave the Associate H/C at the 2nd best women's college hockey spot? She could have probably applied for the Hawvawd job if she was looking to be movin' on up.
                  she didnt leave. frost fired her....

Comment

Originally posted by bobthomasiselite View Post
                    she didnt leave. frost fired her....
                    WATTS did you say???!!!! Wowzer. Mr. Freeze turns on one of his own. I wonder how they won the frozen 4 or at least beat Wisconsin in the semi if that would have been the case. I would guess yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

WATTS did you say???!!!! Wowzer. Mr. Freeze turns on one of his own. I wonder how they won the frozen 4 or at least beat Wisconsin in the semi if that would have been the case. I would guess yes.
                      well brad says "indications within the program that Darwitz...and head coach Brad Frost had philosophical differences." I wonder what his philosophy is compared to a top 3 womens hockey player ever who has won everywhere shes went. rumors are the players in the locker room asked him the same question when he announced this move to the team too....things are going to get spicy
                      Last edited by bobthomasiselite; 06-07-2023, 06:21 PM.

Comment

well brad says "indications within the program that Darwitz...and head coach Brad Frost had philosophical differences." I wonder what his philosophy is compared to a top 3 womens hockey player ever who has won everywhere shes went. rumors are the players in the locker room asked him the same question when he announced this move to the team too....things are going to get spicy
                        I'm sure I said this when he hired her that it was a dumb move because he basically had just hired his future replacement. He probably figured that out and with one year left on his contract he probably figured he would take her out of the equation of being more popular with his players than he is. Maybe the philosophical differences were that he didn't want to hire her daddy. Lmao. The MIAC coaches hated her as much as they hate the GAC coach. Hamline spent like $70K+ per year on her and what did it get them? A couple of trips to the dance where all she did was b*itch and complain after she lost. Imagine being a colleague of hers on the athletics staff at Hamline knowing she's getting paid a boatload and you are not?!! Now Hamline is slowly sinking back to where they came from before they gave her all that money. Bobrowski leaves one of the historically best D3 teams in the country after one year to go coach high school hockey with her?! I think I said at the time Elmira hired him that they were making a big mistake. It didn't make sense at all. He had no connection to being out east or anything. It was a very weird hiring decision especially considering their alums they could have chosen instead. Why Elmira hasn't invested in it's women's hockey alums to coach that team I'll never know. It's become a revolving door there. Reports are that he has possibly caused irreparable damage to Elmira with many players from this year leaving for other opportunities. Elmira's record was 21-6-0 overall and 17-0-0 and top spot in the regular season in their conference, but then lost in their conference championship game 2-0 (with an empty netter) to Norwich after outshooting Norwich 38-20 according to the uscho boxscore and going 0 for 3 on their PP. When a team fails to win a championship game in that way, I blame the coach. That team obviously had the talent to advance to the NCAAs and do well there. I wouldn't want to be the next Elmira coach. Their days as a top D3 team might be numbered or maybe already over depending on how much damage Bobrowski did there. How much does a high school co-head coach position pay? It must be an amazing salary for two full-time college coaches to both want to share the job. There's something about that relationship they have that just seems weird. Good riddance to them both. The college game is better off without them.
                        Last edited by shelfit; 06-07-2023, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post

I'm sure I said this when he hired her that it was a dumb move because he basically had just hired his future replacement. He probably figured that out and with one year left on his contract he probably figured he would take her out of the equation of being more popular with his players than he is. Maybe the philosophical differences were that he didn't want to hire her daddy. Lmao. The MIAC coaches hated her as much as they hate the GAC coach. Hamline spent like $70K+ per year on her and what did it get them? A couple of trips to the dance where all she did was b*itch and complain after she lost. Imagine being a colleague of hers on the athletics staff at Hamline knowing she's getting paid a boatload and you are not?!! Now Hamline is slowly sinking back to where they came from before they gave her all that money. Bobrowski leaves one of the historically best D3 teams in the country after one year to go coach high school hockey with her?! I think I said at the time Elmira hired him that they were making a big mistake. It didn't make sense at all. He had no connection to being out east or anything. It was a very weird hiring decision especially considering their alums they could have chosen instead. Why Elmira hasn't invested in it's women's hockey alums to coach that team I'll never know. It's become a revolving door there. Reports are that he has possibly caused irreparable damage to Elmira with many players from this year leaving for other opportunities. Elmira's record was 21-6-0 overall and 17-0-0 and top spot in the regular season in their conference, but then lost in their conference championship game 2-0 (with an empty netter) to Norwich after outshooting Norwich 38-20 according to the uscho boxscore and going 0 for 3 on their PP. When a team fails to win a championship game in that way, I blame the coach. That team obviously had the talent to advance to the NCAAs and do well there. I wouldn't want to be the next Elmira coach. Their days as a top D3 team might be numbered or maybe already over depending on how much damage Bobrowski did there. How much does a high school co-head coach position pay? It must be an amazing salary for two full-time college coaches to both want to share the job. There's something about that relationship they have that just seems weird. Good riddance to them both. The college game is better off without them.
                          Well when your hockey resume looks like her I think you can command that salary lol. And I’d say they got their moneys worth, they went from having a trailer as a locker room to being a top 5 team in the country annually. They are now back to being at the bottom of the MIAC like before she arrived….

And in regards to Elmira, it was a good hire as many have said on this board. “Bobrowski is a rising star.” First year as a head coach ever and he went 17-0 in his conference. Seems pretty good to me. Great recruiting class coming in and another good young hire, 39 years old and a 25 year old assistant. They will continue to be a historically good program in the near and distant future.

Comment

Well when your hockey resume looks like her I think you can command that salary lol. And I’d say they got their moneys worth, they went from having a trailer as a locker room to being a top 5 team in the country annually. They are now back to being at the bottom of the MIAC like before she arrived….

And in regards to Elmira, it was a good hire as many have said on this board. “Bobrowski is a rising star.” First year as a head coach ever and he went 17-0 in his conference. Seems pretty good to me. Great recruiting class coming in and another good young hire, 39 years old and a 25 year old assistant. They will continue to be a historically good program in the near and distant future.

Lmao, you're obviously a newbie or you're Bobrowski. D3 is not about what salary you "command." What an ignorant statement. D1 and D3 have clear operating budgets and also coaching salary levels within the overall athletic department budget. You don't just "get money" because you have a name. Nobody knows what the Hamline AD did to pay her the money that was reported ($70K+) at the time she was hired but whatever he did ruffled a ton of feathers from various reports during her time there. They finished in 5th place this year, not last. Do you just make up whatever sh*t comes out of that mouth of yours?! I'm sure I'm wasting my time trying to educate you.

I have yet to find a single thing to show Bobrowski is a rising star, but if you're him then you're a star in your own mind Bobbo. Is he a rising star because he follows Darwitz around wherever she goes?! He spent a year away from her and couldn't handle his lonliness without her. Lmao. Anyway, I think his actions and decisions at Elmira show he's an idiot. Elmira went 17-0 in a very weak conference where they have one difficult opponent, Norwich, and Norwich beat them in the conference championship game which is when it really counts. What everyone knows about Elmira is that anyone could have coached them to a 17-0 conference record this year. The team did well in spite of him, not because of him. As I said before, that roster was very talented. He failed them. They didn't fail him. Taking that roster and destroying it proves his stupidity. The ages of a head coach and assistant coach have nothing to do with if they're any good or not. How dumb are you?! I suspect you're him, so way to fail and mess with Elmira's good history. You're clearly a loser Bobrowski! Again, I'm sure I've just wasted my time with you. Dont worry. That won't happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post

Lmao, you're obviously a newbie or you're Bobrowski. D3 is not about what salary you "command." What an ignorant statement. D1 and D3 have clear operating budgets and also coaching salary levels within the overall athletic department budget. You don't just "get money" because you have a name. Nobody knows what the Hamline AD did to pay her the money that was reported ($70K+) at the time she was hired but whatever he did ruffled a ton of feathers from various reports during her time there. They finished in 5th place this year, not last. Do you just make up whatever sh*t comes out of that mouth of yours?! I'm sure I'm wasting my time trying to educate you.

I have yet to find a single thing to show Bobrowski is a rising star, but if you're him then you're a star in your own mind Bobbo. Is he a rising star because he follows Darwitz around wherever she goes?! He spent a year away from her and couldn't handle his lonliness without her. Lmao. Anyway, I think his actions and decisions at Elmira show he's an idiot. Elmira went 17-0 in a very weak conference where they have one difficult opponent, Norwich, and Norwich beat them in the conference championship game which is when it really counts. What everyone knows about Elmira is that anyone could have coached them to a 17-0 conference record this year. The team did well in spite of him, not because of him. As I said before, that roster was very talented. He failed them. They didn't fail him. Taking that roster and destroying it proves his stupidity. The ages of a head coach and assistant coach have nothing to do with if they're any good or not. How dumb are you?! I suspect you're him, so way to fail and mess with Elmira's good history. You're clearly a loser Bobrowski! Again, I'm sure I've just wasted my time with you. Dont worry. That won't happen again.

that’s the great thing about capitalism, you’re worth as much as someone is willing to pay you!! And sorry my bad they finished 5th, not last. The way you talked about how she left the program in shambles I figured they’d be in last place… maybe they should bring her back because YUCK!

And you sure have changed your tune since last fall when we saw Dean jump from D1 to prep school.

“ 08-16-2022, 01:59 PM

CC Originally posted by Scott_TG ?

Seems like a huge downgrade but maybe those prep schools pay really well

Maybe he has kids that age? That would make it a great move for their esucation and a very smart family oriented move in general. Much less travel so he would be home a lot more. That doesn't sound like a downgrade to me. It sounds like a much bigger improvement in overall lifestyle.

Last edited by shelfit; 08-16-2022, 02:02 PM.

but anywho, not sure what’s up with your weird obsession about those two but since this is a gophers thread I want to jump back to the main point…is frost really stupid enough to fire the legend Natalie Darwitz?….. who he just promoted 5 months earlier?…. The revolving door of assistants for such an elite program is just weird stuff. It will be interesting who they have on the radar to replace her…. you better move quick, June 15th coming soon and these recruits are going to be asking a lot of questions about what the hell is going on…would be a shame to keep losing local talent to UST, Wisco, OS.

They should look to bring back an alum like Stecklein, Kessel, Brausen or maybe even Brandt. Because they haven’t won anything since those guys were around. Send Scott back to admissions where she belongs and hire one of the alum and a real goalie coach, otherwise this is going to come full circle this time again next year and we’re going to see Darwitz replace frost if they fail to win the big games, again….

Make Gophers Hockey Elite Again!! Ski-U-Mah.
                              Last edited by bobthomasiselite; 06-08-2023, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Coach Frost
                                17th season as the Head Coach for the Gophers (one of the best womens hockey program of all time)
                                4 NCAA Titles
                                7 Frozen Fours
                                5 WCHA Season Titles
                                5 WCHA FF Titles
                                2 COY

Coach Darwitz

in the history of sports very very few great players ever made it as Coaches... look at this year's Gopher team. I belive they were the best team in the country this season. With Coach Darwitz and Coach Frost why couldnt the Gophers live up to expectations? Minnesota made the right decision with keeping the accomplished Coach vs the unaccomplished Coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X