No announcement yet.

Gopher Women's Hockey 2023-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can neither dent her skills nor deny her skills. I'm sure #18 and the good folks at USA Hockey will take all of your opinions into consideration

Comment

• Originally posted by bodyup88 View Post
      You can neither dent her skills nor deny her skills. I'm sure #18 and the good folks at USA Hockey will take all of your opinions into consideration
      The need for more mental discipline is a human trait we all struggle with at one time or another.

Comment

• Originally posted by bodyup88 View Post
        You can neither dent her skills nor deny her skills. I'm sure #18 and the good folks at USA Hockey will take all of your opinions into consideration
        All she needs to do is shut her trap and skate away alone after whistles, it's not a hard thong to do. She'll ever see the ice in the 3rd period of a game with Canada in the Olympics, too much of a risk. Her skill set, while very good, isn't that much better than or even equal the other players of Team USA to be a crunch time player, unless she cleans up her game. I think she's even worse this year.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• [QUOTE=Timothy A;n3853999]

All she needs to do is shut her trap and skate away alone after whistles, it's not a hard thong to do.

Not a hard thong to do? Is that a Freudian slip? Seems like maybe someone is paying too much attention to a 21 year old college student.

Comment

• [QUOTE=bodyup88;n3854009]
            Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

All she needs to do is shut her trap and skate away alone after whistles, it's not a hard thong to do.

Not a hard thong to do? Is that a Freudian slip? Seems like maybe someone is paying too much attention to a 21 year old college student.
            I'm going to cut TimothyA some slack as I'm guessing he was typing that post from his cell phone and spelling errors, even some that don't come out the best, do happen.

Cheese and rice, all that's left in this trainwreck of a thread is posts from opposing fans. Such is the state of the tunneler's program these days.
            Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 01-23-2024, 01:26 PM.
            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Sounds like Timmy needs a nap.

Comment

• [QUOTE=FiveHoleFrenzy;n3854014]
                Originally posted by bodyup88 View Post

I'm going to cut TimothyA some slack as I'm guessing he was typing that post from his cell phone and spelling errors, even some that don't come out the best, do happen.

Cheese and rice, all that's left in this trainwreck of a thread is posts from opposing fans. Such is the state of the tunneler's program these days.
                You have the power supreme......I posted that while on the elliptical, I missed the spelling error. LOL Where am I posting from now?

Comment

• [QUOTE=Timothy A;n3854236]
                  Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

You have the power supreme......I posted that while on the elliptical, I missed the spelling error. LOL Where am I posting from now?
                  Hmmm...A guess where TimothyA is posting from thing? Could be interesting...

Comment

• I believe largest crowd ever in the building for a game when Wisconsin was not the opponent. Lured by very low priced but surprisingly not extremely low quality replica jerseys, over 3,100 turned up to see Minnesota v. Mankato. Minnesota started the game and the second period by playing like this was the old days when Minnesota might win 70 in a row and the Gophers led by 3-0 after two. But Mankato was never cowed (pun intended) and they came out bellowing for the third and charged back to tie the game 3-3. The huge crowd ended up being treated to a highly entertaining hockey game. There were lots of things that were cringe worthy from a Gopher fan's viewpoint but entertainment value was not one of those things. Final Minnesota wins 4-3.

They will drop the puck tomorrow in Mankato to do it all again. I expect a typical Mankato crowd, probably somewhere in the range of 1/10th the size of tonight's Ridder gathering. I do not expect a similar decrease in the entertainment value of the hockey. Tomorrow should be another fun game.
                    Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

• Wish I had said when Wisconsin or North Dakota was not the opponent.
                      Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

• It is stunning how far this tunneler team has regressed. They are awful...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                          It is stunning how far this tunneler team has regressed. They are awful...
                          I saw the stat line and I just about fell over. Was it really that even watching the game?

Comment

• Do the Minnesota fans, players, coaches ever get tired of Murphy’s antics?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bkruczynski View Post
                              Do the Minnesota fans, players, coaches ever get tired of Murphy’s antics?
                              There hasn't been a lot of defending her on the uscho board anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

There hasn't been a lot of defending her on the uscho board anyway.
                                They always tell us that the Patty Kaz is about more than on-ice performance, etc. While this is still "on ice", I wonder how they factor it in when it comes time to announce top ten finalists, top three. Does it (properly) cost her a spot in the top three, that she would otherwise probably deserve?

Comment

Working...
                                X