Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gopher Women's Hockey 2023-24

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ARM View Post
    Uh, no. I usually trust your math, but not here.

    In news more relevant to this thread, the world now knows why Gopher faithful (?) haven't been higher on this year's team.
    You can add myself and osualum86 to the ranks of your fans for Feb 16 & 17, maybe that will help? (Wink)
    ​​​​
    Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 01-16-2024, 05:55 PM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ARM View Post
      Uh, no. I usually trust your math, but not here.


      I'd have to look at that long list again, but she may have more championships than the whole list added together.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        You can add myself and osualum86 to the ranks of your fans for Feb 16 & 17, maybe that will help? (Wink)
        ​​​​
        You've got a 6 pt lead as of right now, you don't need any help from the rodents. After the next 2 series, which are tricky but noting more than that, y'all will coast into Madtown on a big winning streak.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

        Comment


        • The mighty tunnelers where able to muster up a couple of goals against the lumberjills and the lumberjills are so offensively challenged they had no answer to those 2 goals. Yikes, that was some pretty bad hockey all around...

          Was Frost not behind the bench the whole game?
          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

          Comment


          • Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
            The mighty tunnelers where able to muster up a couple of goals against the lumberjills and the lumberjills are so offensively challenged they had no answer to those 2 goals. Yikes, that was some pretty bad hockey all around...

            Was Frost not behind the bench the whole game?
            During the Wisconsin-Mankato game (for some reason) the guy doing the play-by-play (from Mankato) mentioned that Frost was going to miss the weekend due to "a medical issue".

            Comment


            • Originally posted by robertearle View Post

              During the Wisconsin-Mankato game (for some reason) the guy doing the play-by-play (from Mankato) mentioned that Frost was going to miss the weekend due to "a medical issue".
              Ok...Thanks.

              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

              Comment


              • I see Murphy picked up a 10 minute game misconduct for unsportsmanlike conduct. I saw her and Gabbie Smith got tangled up and both got 2 minutes. Did Murphy say something to the referee/linesman?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Bkruczynski View Post
                  I see Murphy picked up a 10 minute game misconduct for unsportsmanlike conduct. I saw her and Gabbie Smith got tangled up and both got 2 minutes. Did Murphy say something to the referee/linesman?
                  Based on the announcer's comments, I inferred that she picked it up while in the penalty box. So, with that assumption, it may have been something verbal?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Windchill22 View Post

                    Based on the announcer's comments, I inferred that she picked it up while in the penalty box. So, with that assumption, it may have been something verbal?
                    I'd love to use one of those parabolic microphones at the games to hear what kind of trash talk goes on with the "ladies" LOL!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                      I'd love to use one of those parabolic microphones at the games to hear what kind of trash talk goes on with the "ladies" LOL!
                      I don't think I would. I don't want my impression of the virtuous young ladies to be anything less than that. That's why I'm not a fan of Ms. Sassy Pants. I could respect what Heise and Kessel did on the ice. Their play spoke volumes. I respect that. I have no respect for someone who acts so unvirtuously on the ice. I could use other words, but I'm trying to keep it classy.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                      Comment


                      • I looked at the video this morning. After both Murphy and the Bemidji player had gone into their penalty boxes on coincidental matching minors, and everyone was heading down to the Gopher end for the faceoff, one of the two Gophers in their box - Madison Kaiser was already there for a minor thirty seconds prior - reaches up and bangs on the glass four or five times as one of the refs - Kaehler - skates over to the scorers to say something. I assume that was Murphy. Maybe that was enough, or maybe she said or 'gestured' to the ref at that point. Because it was just after the broadcast analyst guy says the major has been added.

                        Not your best move when the game was still in doubt; 3-1 Gopher lead with just under 5 minutes to play, but Bemidji with 1:30 left on a power play.
                        Last edited by robertearle; 01-22-2024, 01:00 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                          Because it was just after the broadcast analyst guy says the major has been added.

                          Not your best move when the game was still in doubt; 3-1 Gopher lead with just under 5 minutes to play, but Bemidji with 1:30 left on a power play.
                          It was a 10-minute misconduct, not a major. Big difference in terms of impacting the game outcome.

                          Both the broadcast and officials were confused for much of the game. E.g., when the teams committed coincidental penalties in the Bemidji defensive zone in the first period, the referee got confused and moved the faceoff to the UM zone. The Gophers did commit the second of the two infractions, but neither was called before the other, and they went on the scoreboard together. Because the hockey gods decree that such errors always impact play, the Beavers scored off the face-off. Not as bad as the time a team scored during a delayed penalty and the referee dropped the puck after the goal in their O-zone instead of at center ice, but another case of the referees not knowing the basic rules.

                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ARM View Post
                            It was a 10-minute misconduct, not a major. Big difference in terms of impacting the game outcome.

                            Both the broadcast and officials were confused for much of the game. E.g., when the teams committed coincidental penalties in the Bemidji defensive zone in the first period, the referee got confused and moved the faceoff to the UM zone. The Gophers did commit the second of the two infractions, but neither was called before the other, and they went on the scoreboard together. Because the hockey gods decree that such errors always impact play, the Beavers scored off the face-off. Not as bad as the time a team scored during a delayed penalty and the referee dropped the puck after the goal in their O-zone instead of at center ice, but another case of the referees not knowing the basic rules.
                            Point taken. But either way, your best player is off the ice for the remainder of the game.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ARM View Post
                              It was a 10-minute misconduct, not a major. Big difference in terms of impacting the game outcome.
                              Not a good look no matter the situation, no matter the outcome. In my opinion, her behavior is a problem and has a negative effect on the team.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Bkruczynski View Post

                                Not a good look no matter the situation, no matter the outcome. In my opinion, her behavior is a problem and has a negative effect on the team.
                                You can't dent her skills but my concern for it is when she's on Team USA, commiting needless penalties in international games could be extremely costly and be detrimental to everything your teammates worked so hard to achieve. You aren't playing for yourself, you're representing your country.
                                Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 01-23-2024, 07:47 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X