Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2023-2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Windchill22 View Post

Oh man - my brain wasn't there at all - so I can see where the heart attack would come from!!! Sorry for the confusion!

Yeah - I was constantly trying to figure out the lines! I was thinking "was it a split line change, did someone get caught out? No - that's the line!" Fun to see though. Not sure if was the player chemistry on the line change (for lack of a better definition) or just a shake it up to jar the brains (like pulling a goalie to send a message to the team) but in any case it's a W against Ohio St. - and now we know we can beat them. But what does MJ do tomorrow?
    Wasn't that really confusing with the lines and those two periods!? Hall was a wing on a third line? what? I'd like to see him keep the lines the way they finished up with Ohio State. Both Layla and Casey talked about great outlet passes that Kotlowski made so I wouldn't mind seeing her stay in the lineup too.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Decided to do the double tomorrow.... I'll probably get home around 12:30 after the men's game, but sleep is for the weak. Maddy and I will have a blast though.

That reminds me if Maddi Wheeler does indeed leave it'll be the first time next season in probably close to 10 years where there's no Maddy on the roster, starting with Maddy Rolfes. A little bit sad because my Maddy always rooted for the other Maddie's on the ice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Decided to do the double tomorrow.... I'll probably get home around 12:30 after the men's game, but sleep is for the weak. Maddy and I will have a blast though.

That reminds me if Maddi Wheeler does indeed leave it'll be the first time next season in probably close to 10 years where there's no Maddy on the roster, starting with Maddy Rolfes. A little bit sad because my Maddy always rooted for the other Maddie's on the ice.
        Reminds me of a great answer Rolfes gave post-game after the 2019 championship. Reporter asked 'when did you start realize you had won it? When did it start to hit you?' And Rolfes said something like 'maybe with about a minute or so left. I was on the bench and it starts to hit me, and I start tearing up. And I say to myself, Maddie, you can't start crying, you still have to go back out there!'

Comment

• Conventional lines, no Murphy or Helgeson dressed.

UW doing lots of high speed cycling but it's not producing a lot of good chances. Frank has 1 huge save so far, so does Jane.

Comment

• Wow that Tommette blew right by 3 BADgers.

Nice drive to the net by Potter on the Eden goal.

Comment

• And this is the shortest official crew I have ever seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                Conventional lines, no Murphy or Helgeson dressed.
                The announcer on B1G+ mentioned Helgeson out for the rest of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by TJ77 View Post
                  That makes me sad.

Comment

• Just not very satisfied with how that game went. The strategy of cycling with high speed high in the zone and having a forward screening the goalie did not create enough shots on goal. I found myself sitting there thinking that I really enjoy both Ohio State games better than that one form a hockey perspective. The old "pack it in and hope for the best" strategy is not enjoyable hockey to watch. Can't imagine it's very much fun to play that way either for either team. For the better team, they almost might be better off using the three on three style where you pull the puck out of the offensive zone pull it all the way back to your own end and then transition and that creates opportunities on the rush.

Comment

• Originally posted by TJ77 View Post

Any word on Murphy? Sounds like only 10 forwards and 6 defense dressed. Need to stay healthy.

Thought the goals Gervais gave up weren’t the most challenging. Think Ava M takes over from here on out

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonzo View Post

Any word on Murphy? Sounds like only 10 forwards and 6 defense dressed. Need to stay healthy.

Thought the goals Gervais gave up weren’t the most challenging. Think Ava M takes over from here on out
                        Murphy walked past me on the concourse after the game and at minimum did not have any indications of a major injury. That's all I have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonzo View Post
                          From my angle I could not get a read on this. Tx

Comment

• A nice bounce back performance today for the ladies. They had a couple brain farts in second period on break out passes, but the Tommy's couldn't convert like that other team did the week before. Brittas second goal was a beauty of an individual effort there with a perfect shot as she was falling to the ice. Wow. I loved LEs goal on a beautiful cross ice pass from Harvey. She shot off the pass. Yes! Three defenseman scored and none of them was named Harvey lol. Kotlowski's was a fantastic in tight shot. I miss Jungles goal, I was getting food to avoid a line lol. They should have reviewed the last potential goal at the end of the game, because I think I went in before the horn went off.

It was a distinct pleasure to have my oldest son with me yesterday, also with my hockey buddy Maddy as usual. A disabled car by the Monona terrace made us 15 minutes late but we still got seats where we like them. Looks like I'll get to enjoy the sites and smells of the rink one more time this season before another sad farewell.

Comment

• Originally posted by BadgerPete View Post
                              Murphy walked past me on the concourse after the game and at minimum did not have any indications of a major injury. That's all I have.
                              Concussion or rib issue perhaps. I believe it was a result of the hit MJ challenged for contact to the head, yes?

Comment

• Around noon today, an email hit my inbox from UW "reminding" me that it was time to get my application in for NCAA regional tickets, as if there had been a prior notification that had slipped my mind.

Just an application, no choosing seat locations, etc. Deadline Wednesday 4 PM to get in your application.

For anyone who is 'new' or doesn't recall - it's been a while - NCAA games are assigned seating, and the seat locations are assigned by the athletic dept, based on who-knows-what; that is, I don't think there any advantage to getting the application in 'early'. And the game itself is not a UW home game, it is an NCAA game, so things will look and feel a bit different.

Comment

Working...
                                X