Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2023-24 Penn State Nittany Lions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    According to the portal, Olivia Wallin has been picked up by UMD.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...qqg/edit#gid=0


    Comment


    • #62

      Nice Penn State women's hockey video summarizing last season which seems aimed at recruiting emphasizing the process -- first step win the conference & go to the NCAA tournament, next step make the Frozen Four, then start winning championships. It's pretty well done and highlights both of last years grad transfers (Courtney Correia & Eleri MacKay) and senior Mallory Uhlein along with some of the players that don't get as much of the coverage (Lexi Bedier, Maeve Connolly, Leah Stecker):

      https://twitter.com/PennStateOnBTN/s...28999143555072

      Comment


      • #63
        That videographer is something else.

        Comment


        • #64
          Lindenwood forward Morgan Nietzke has entered the portal - she will be a junior in 2023-24, and she might be someone for Jeff Kampersal to take a look at.

          As a freshman, she only had 3 goals, 12 assists, 0 powerplay goals, 15 points (29 games)....but...
          As a sophomore, she had 20 goals, 12 assists, 4 powerplay goals, 32 points (32 games).

          That's quite an improvement in a single season. She also cut her penalties down from 11 to 8. Penn State needs some juice on offense, and Nietzke on paper looks like someone who found her spark as a sophomore and had a good offensive season. If she's on the upswing, she might be a big help at Penn State next season.

          Comment


          • #65
            Yes, I was thinking the same thing on the Lindenwood player. And I think there are a number of sophs to be on the roster that can take a big step forward just like Nietzke. On another note I just watched Meike Meuller pass by on the screen of the Vegas game. She is married to NHLer Brett Howden and they had a baby. They showed four Vegas players with their wives and babies.

            Maybe Smigliani from Colgate also as the Colgate players seem to be taking advantage of the grad programs at PSU.

            ​​​​​​Kampersal has to have money now.

            Glad Gough is following Gangarosa and Heminger who followed Heising on taking their Fifth Year at PSU.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Reddington View Post
              Yes, I was thinking the same thing on the Lindenwood player. And I think there are a number of sophs to be on the roster that can take a big step forward just like Nietzke. On another note I just watched Meike Meuller pass by on the screen of the Vegas game. She is married to NHLer Brett Howden and they had a baby. They showed four Vegas players with their wives and babies.

              Maybe Smigliani from Colgate also as the Colgate players seem to be taking advantage of the grad programs at PSU.

              ​​​​​​Kampersal has to have money now.

              Glad Gough is following Gangarosa and Heminger who followed Heising on taking their Fifth Year at PSU.
              Ha. And I was thinking Neiztke might end up at Hurst or RMU. And so we enter the Wasylk era at Lindenwood.

              Comment


              • #67
                Mercyhurst or RMU would be ok, I would like the CHA to hold onto her. Mobley to OSU. I think Northeastern is sitting on their announcements.

                Comment


                • #68
                  I'm going back home to Duluth next week (haven't been home in 16 years!)...who's jealous?

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                    Mercyhurst or RMU would be ok, I would like the CHA to hold onto her. Mobley to OSU. I think Northeastern is sitting on their announcements.
                    I wonder whether you mean that Northeastern is receiving more players. That would be fascinating to see. They are bringing back 5 fifth-years according to this post, and I read that they have ~6 incoming first-years.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Clarkson and OSU have announced their transfers. Northeastern has not announced any transfers if any. I happen to think they are sitting on announcing their grad transfers. They have been active over the last three years and doubt they would stop now. They have quietly been active like Colgate.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
                        I'm going back home to Duluth next week (haven't been home in 16 years!)...who's jealous?
                        At least you know to bring layers of clothing.

                        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by ARM View Post
                          At least you know to bring layers of clothing.
                          That's the funny part - just when I thought I was done with hoodies, out they come again for the trip home. That's my kind of weather, though, so it's all good.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Going to do some fishing?

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                              Going to do some fishing?
                              No, I won't be there long enough for any fishing. I'm just going to drop off some of my brother's stuff, visit my sister for a bit, and then head back here. Maybe I'll do some fishing around the UMD hockey area and help Kampersal restock the roster a bit (hahaha)! I hope I don't run into Olivia Wallin - that probably wouldn't go well.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Good man dropping off some of your brother's stuff. Well enjoy - hopefully you can remember the good times.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X