Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2023-24 Penn State Nittany Lions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post

    If true, then it's a different set-up than the previous regionals. I can assure you that a 3rd Room was used in the past.

    But if your understanding is correct, all that means is that "the walk" is a total non-issue for 2024. The walk would literally be identical to what the Buckeyes do at every home game, all season long.
    I may have been mistaken and others were correct on what they previously did for visiting teams locker rooms.

    Comment


    • This is the fourth time PSU and SLU have faced off during the last three years. This time no Morgan or Bothun. Add two former Syracuse players to the mix: Batherson and Marchand. This should add a little extra spice to the game.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

        I may have been mistaken and others were correct on what they previously did for visiting teams locker rooms.
        On further review, I'll allow that my memory isn't crystal clear either. We hosted Regionals in both 2022 & 2023. I'm 100% sure the "3rd Locker Room" was in St. John Arena for one of those years. But maybe the Fieldhouse somehow was involved the other year?? The fact the 3rd Locker Room disappears after the 1st Round Game further confuses things. Will try to take better mental notes this time.

        I am sorry if the Penn State players had a bad set-up when they competed here.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
          It got a bit behind schedule when the athletic department diverted all their attention and resources to fix the football program
          What was there to fix? I mean what, you lost the game? oh boy
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

            What was there to fix? I mean what, you lost the game? oh boy
            You must not understand how crazy and fixated it is here about the football team, it is and always has been King.
            Losing several years in a row to That Team up North puts them in full panic and damage control mode and not being true National Championship contenders makes it worse. You would not believe the millions in NIL money recently spent to get key player here for the football team.
            That situation brings up another question that's been on my mind lately, will the NIL situation spill over to women's hockey so schools would have to pay recruits to come play for them? That would really create a bad situation and imbalance as large universities could certainly outspend many others.

            Comment


            • Here's a cool Kaz Watch article about Tessa Janecke: https://www.pattykaz.com/news_article/show/1303723

              Comment


              • And more Janecke...I can't help it, it's what Penn State is putting out! Sooooooooooooo - here's Janecke, mic'd up: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4bB8HLAeF6/?hl=en

                Comment


                • Good find. It is smart of Penn State to market Janecke. There must be a couple of fifth years that want to play with a future Olympian.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
                    And more Janecke...I can't help it, it's what Penn State is putting out! Sooooooooooooo - here's Janecke, mic'd up: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4bB8HLAeF6/?hl=en
                    I love seeing this stuff - makes me smile and remember these players are real people with a sense of humor, humility and the like. Others side of the sword, but same thought - how much of their lives should I see? I want to see more, but again, they are just people trying to live their lives and don't need me snooping on what they say in practice.... I'll just tell myself it's up on Insta (or others) and they like doing it and are willing to share and I'll stop overthinking it!

                    Thanks for sharing ZL!!
                    Concur with Reddinton - good for the programs to promote these players!

                    Comment


                    • Finally, a link for the BTN+ livestream of Penn State vs St. Lawrence tomorrow, 8:00 (Eastern): https://www.bigtenplus.com/en-int/li...-state/1724767

                      Comment


                      • Just a quick note on the Penn State/St.Lawrence BTN+ livestream tomorrow - according to Penn State, the stream is free, so don't go buying a subscription if that's the only game you're wanting to watch.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
                          Just a quick note on the Penn State/St.Lawrence BTN+ livestream tomorrow - according to Penn State, the stream is free, so don't go buying a subscription if that's the only game you're wanting to watch.
                          Aren't you going to watch Penn State on Saturday, too? :-)

                          (Saturday is free, as well.)

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by robertearle View Post

                            Aren't you going to watch Penn State on Saturday, too? :-)

                            (Saturday is free, as well.)
                            I have a BTN+ subscription, so I'm all set for Penn State beating St. Lawrence and Wisconsin.

                            Speaking of Wisconsin, I think it's only right that they show their northern hospitality and serve St. Lawrence some of their famous cheese curds tomorrow...like right after warm-ups, but before the game...and the more, the merrier. I'm talking by the bucket, just load them up with hospitality cheese curds. All-you-can-eat buckets. Penn State has been to Madison before, so they're good...cheese curds for St. Lawrence only.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post

                              I have a BTN+ subscription, so I'm all set for Penn State beating St. Lawrence and Wisconsin.

                              Speaking of Wisconsin, I think it's only right that they show their northern hospitality and serve St. Lawrence some of their famous cheese curds tomorrow...like right after warm-ups, but before the game...and the more, the merrier. I'm talking by the bucket, just load them up with hospitality cheese curds. All-you-can-eat buckets. Penn State has been to Madison before, so they're good...cheese curds for St. Lawrence only.
                              No curds available at LaBahn, but there are Johnsonville brats. No doubt some curds available near where (I'm guessing) they're staying. And like Penn State, UW has its own working dairy with an outlet store with ice cream and cheese, etc. They have curds periodically.

                              Personally, I'm not much of a fan of curds. It's just cheddar that isn't ready yet. Thanks, I can wait.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

                                You must not understand how crazy and fixated it is here about the football team, it is and always has been King.
                                Losing several years in a row to That Team up North puts them in full panic and damage control mode and not being true National Championship contenders makes it worse. You would not believe the millions in NIL money recently spent to get key player here for the football team.
                                I'll never forget interviewing for a job the Monday after my alma mater beat tOSU in Columbus in football. And to make matters worse for the people interviewing me, our QB planted a flag in the middle of the 'O.' Still upset they made him apologize. I didn't want the job and was using it as practice so it worked out reasonably well.

                                Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                                That situation brings up another question that's been on my mind lately, will the NIL situation spill over to women's hockey so schools would have to pay recruits to come play for them? That would really create a bad situation and imbalance as large universities could certainly outspend many others.
                                I mean I doubt we'll ever see the kind of unrestrained pay-for-play that football does. But small deals do already happen. The ultimate solution is going to be some kind of negotiated settlement where players have some transfer/compensation limits but are compensated. The seal has been broken and we're gonna have to deal with it.

                                If anyone does start doing big NIL deals in college hockey, look towards Columbus. Of all three Big Ten and WCHA schools, they have by far the most developed NIL effort. Dinkytown Athletes in Minneapolis is primarily focused on FB, MBB, men's hockey, and WBB (in that order). Athletics department employees are very cautious about saying too much about NIL but my impression is that it's a non-factor for women's hockey right now.
                                RowTheBoatSkiUMahGoGophers!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X