Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2023-24 Penn State Nittany Lions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    The Women's hockey team raised the most money for THON, received a Team Engagement Award for volunteering in the Community, had a player on the Nittany All Academic team and had a player win the coveted Ms Penn State award for contributions to the team and to Penn State. You couple that with an NCAA bid and things are looking good at Penn State. That doesn't even include having the youngest player on the National team.

    Hopefully, the coaching staff can keep the momentum going.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Reddington View Post
      The Women's hockey team raised the most money for THON, received a Team Engagement Award for volunteering in the Community, had a player on the Nittany All Academic team and had a player win the coveted Ms Penn State award for contributions to the team and to Penn State. You couple that with an NCAA bid and things are looking good at Penn State. That doesn't even include having the youngest player on the National team.

      Hopefully, the coaching staff can keep the momentum going.
      Twitter link of photos of the Nittany Awards last night including a team photo: https://twitter.com/PennStateWHKY/st...07213092503557

      Raising the most money for THON is quite a feat given there are teams with much larger social media followings than PSU women's hockey. Tessa was at the awards last night so she made a quick trip back from Ontario and I'm sure is back in class today. We're nearing the end of the semester here at PSU so it's crunch time.

      Comment


      • #18
        Official PSU article on Tessa's gold medal: https://gopsusports.com/news/2023/4/...pionships.aspx

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by PSUfan View Post
          Official PSU article on Tessa's gold medal: https://gopsusports.com/news/2023/4/...pionships.aspx
          Kind of trippy seeing Alex Dawes in that Team USA photo. He was the director of operations for the Penn State women's hockey team back at the start of D-1...a really nice guy.

          Comment


          • #20
            Good eye on Dawes. When I read to see if Coomey was helping out in the Tournament, I did notice his name. Which led me to see if Brandwene was still at Alvernia and he is.

            Nice for Janecke. I would have liked Zanon to have suited up also. Oh welllll.

            I had the PSU fan as being older, but I might have to reevaluate based on the comment on social media followers. Whomever had responsibility for the women's hockey team's content brought it to a new level this year.

            ​​​​​​

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Reddington View Post
              Whomever had responsibility for the women's hockey team's content brought it to a new level this year.
              I agree 1000% on that one. They posted so much more "stuff" than in previous years, fun stuff, too. Someone finally realized that it's okay to let fans go behind-the-scenes every now and then, and see some of the clowning around with the team. It's so much more fun to follow a team when the players aren't just names on a stat sheet or lineup card, and you get to see a little of their personalities come out.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                I had the PSU fan as being older, but I might have to reevaluate based on the comment on social media followers. Whomever had responsibility for the women's hockey team's content brought it to a new level this year.

                ​​​​​​
                Young enough to follow social media in any case! ;-) The person responsible for the PSU Women's Hockey social media content this year is Bridget Sheehan and she's graduating -- her successor has big shoes to fill!! The team on honored her on Senior Day: https://twitter.com/PennStateWHKY/st...08340630622209

                Comment


                • #23
                  The girl last year covering women's hockey ended up with a job at either the Post Gazette or Press out of Pittsburgh.
                  It's nice to see the periphery of the program parlay their efforts for the team into something. Hopefully this girl can also find something.

                  ​​​​​

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Random, I know, but I thought it was pretty funny, too: https://twitter.com/PennStateWHKY/st...40188849811457

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Kiara Zannon is now a Buckeye…..posted on Ohio State one hour ago

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by wcaps View Post
                        Kiara Zannon is now a Buckeye…..posted on Ohio State one hour ago
                        Wow...I wonder what that was all about! She hit the portal and landed at Ohio State in less than a day.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Kiara Zanon is going to be a senior next year, so I wonder if she transfered to Ohio State to get one good shot at a national title.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Zanon has 2 years of eligibility left

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post

                              Wow...I wonder what that was all about! She hit the portal and landed at Ohio State in less than a day.
                              I'm curious, was there any indication she wanted to leave Penn State?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

                                I'm curious, was there any indication she wanted to leave Penn State?
                                I never heard a thing about Zanon being unhappy at Penn State (and I'd have no reason to be in the know anyway), but I sure never got that impression. It's really quite a shock that a top-tier player from this program chose to transfer out, and even more so because of how quickly it all happened. No sooner had she hit the portal and bam...she was gone.

                                Having both Zanon and Tessa Janecke on the roster was a dream, and it worked so well for both of them, so I don't get it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X