Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2023-24 Penn State Nittany Lions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Penn State makes it a sweep of Robert Morris by a score of 4-1. Goals today came from Mya Vaslet, Brianna Brooks, and two from Tessa Janecke. Both teams took 7 penalties (ouch) and the shots on goal were 40-22 for Penn State. Robert Morris was never really in the game...the first period stats looked pretty even, but the game play was all Penn State, and it was pretty obvious that once they settled into the game they weren't going to be beat. That's two good wins at home, finally, after finishing their insane 12-game road schedule.

    Comment


    • This forum doesn't allow Twitter links, for some reason, but here's a look at Tessa Janecke's shorthanded goal today...pretty greasy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjI2j_U3G0E

      Comment


      • Definitely not greasy, but highly skilled in my opinion. Thanks for sharing. Definitely a highlight reel goal. Vaslet is also putting up stats to go with her exceptional skating. Vintage Jersey was right on Stecker on d being a good move.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Reddington View Post
          Definitely not greasy, but highly skilled in my opinion. Thanks for sharing. Definitely a highlight reel goal. Vaslet is also putting up stats to go with her exceptional skating. Vintage Jersey was right on Stecker on d being a good move.
          That's how I mean "greasy"...as in pretty slick moves. She even got some Team USA celly practice (hahaha)!

          Comment


          • Bothun with a shutout and a .95 save percentage in the second game is a nice bounceback for her. 11 blocks in the second game is also better with Butze leading the way with 3.

            Comment


            • Why is it that when I decide to go out for a quick cruise (I have a Honda 250cc scooter), it starts to snow? I just wanted to keep the battery charged and the fluids flowing, but two wheels in the snow turns not very fun in a hurry. Well, okay, it was fun anyway, but only because I hadn't gotten too far from home.

              Comment


              • It sounds like retirement is treating you well and it sounds like you enjoyed the experience. How about Kailey Thalman showing up at women's hockey to give the girls some coverage! I'm still waiting on the pep band to get there more than once a year.

                Yale will definitely be a litmus test for PSU - it's a golden opportunity to move up the ranks.



                Comment


                • Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                  It sounds like retirement is treating you well, and it sounds like you enjoyed the experience.
                  (In my best Duluth accent): Yahhhh, shur, you betcha!

                  I always love the ride, but this one was a little chilly. I was kind of testing my layers and seeing where I needed more...it didn't take long to find out. It was in the upper 30s outside, so not crazy cold or anything, but like anything else in winter you just have to dress for it.

                  Yale will definitely be a litmus test for PSU - it's a golden opportunity to move up the ranks.
                  I really, really hope Penn State doesn't just take this as a "doesn't count anyway" non-conference game, for exactly the reason you said. It's a great chance to move up the ranks.



                  Comment


                  • In the last games before the holiday break, and the only CHA series this weekend, #15 Penn State is at home to take on #13 Yale tonight (6:00 Eastern) and tomorrow (2:00 Eastern). Both games are streaming on BTN+. The school pass is the cheapest option for BTN+, at $9.99 for the month, and that gets you both games...not a bad deal. There should be a decent crowd at Pegula tonight, as this is the only game in town. Here are links for tonight:

                    BTN+ Video: https://www.bigtenplus.com/en-int/li...-state/1677044
                    Live Stats: https://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=481876

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
                      In the last games before the holiday break, and the only CHA series this weekend, #15 Penn State is at home to take on #13 Yale tonight (6:00 Eastern) and tomorrow (2:00 Eastern). Both games are streaming on BTN+. The school pass is the cheapest option for BTN+, at $9.99 for the month, and that gets you both games...not a bad deal. There should be a decent crowd at Pegula tonight, as this is the only game in town. Here are links for tonight:

                      BTN+ Video: https://www.bigtenplus.com/en-int/li...-state/1677044
                      Live Stats: https://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=481876
                      Should be a nice crowd tonight and I'm hoping for a really great crowd tomorrow for the annual THON game. There's a free post-game skate with the team tomorrow afternoon + kids get in free. Kampersal was on the Penn State Coaches Show last night (starting at 06:45 on the video): https://gopsusports.com/watch/?Archi...4&type=Archive

                      Comment


                      • After one, Yale is up 1-0 on Penn State. Both teams took a penalty, and shots on goal are 9-4 for Penn State. Yale looks like the best team Penn State has seen in a while.

                        Comment


                        • After two, it's Yale up 2-1 on Penn State. Lyndie Lobdell scored the power play goal for Penn State. Yale took two more penalties that period. Shots on goal are 20-13 for Penn State. Things are starting to look more even in the game, after Yale came out in the first like a freight train. Karolina Hengelmuller is out of the lineup again, so she probably shouldn't have been back last weekend, but she will get the holiday break to heal up some more. It's not good for Penn State, though, who already has a very short bench and is down to five defenders.

                          Last edited by ZedLeppelin; 12-08-2023, 06:20 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Penn State takes game one by a score of 3-2 on third period goals from Alyssa Machado and Julie Gough. Shots on goal were 28-24 for Penn State. Penn State played the last two minutes down 6 on 4 on the penalty kill.

                            Comment


                            • The announcing and Twitter has been turned up a notch. The witty Julie Van Gough line because her goal was a work of art was awesome. That's a gritty win!

                              Comment


                              • Penn State and Yale are back at it at 2:00 (Eastern) on BTN+...here are the links:

                                BTN+ Video: https://www.bigtenplus.com/en-int/li...-state/1677060
                                Live Stats: https://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=481877

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X