No announcement yet.

2023-24 Penn State Nittany Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a video of today's hat tricks from Stella Retrum and Tessa Janecke: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD_F2vbEEMg

Comment

• Penn State swept the CHA weekly awards:

Forward of the Week - Tessa Janecke
      Rookie of the Week - Stella Retrum
      Defenseman of the Week - Maggie MacEachern
      Goalie of the Week - Annie Spring

Comment

• Next on tap are RMU and Yale before the break. I notice RMU got to goto Nashville for one of those College Showcases. RMU lost to BU so I think it bodes well for PSU. RMU seems to have a number of ex SLU players and Syracuse players and even a former Mercyhurst player with one of the most catchy names around, Jersey Phillips.
        Last edited by Reddington; 11-27-2023, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• Penn State freshman forward Stella Retrum was named the CHA Rookie of the Month, and sophomore forward Tessa Janecke was named CHA Forward of the Month.

Comment

• Delaware is joining the CHA with its new women's hockey program in 2025-26: https://chawomenshockey.com/news/202...26-season.aspx

Comment

• After one, it's 0-0 in Penn State's early game against Robert Morris. Robert Morris took the only penalty, and shots on goal are 10-7 for Penn State. The games this weekend are on BTN+.

Comment

• After two, Penn State is up 1-0 on Robert Morris on a goal from Brianna Brooks. Shots on goal are 29-7 for Penn State. Robert Morris took 5 more penalties in the second, including a 5-minute major, and Penn State took 2. The second period was all Penn State, and they spent a ton of time in the Robert Morris zone (obviously, with all the power play chances). Robert Morris's goalie is keeping them in this one.

Comment

• Penn State takes game one by a score of 2-0. Shots on goal were 37-16 for Penn State. Robert Morris took 8 penalties to 4 for Penn State. Goal scorers for Penn State were Brianna Brooks and Tessa Janecke. Game two tomorrow is at 1:00 (Eastern) on BTN+.

Comment

• Bothun gets the shutout, her 19th. The CHA commish was hinting at an unknown team wanting to join, and I guess it is the Blue Hens.

Comment

• In CHA weirdness, if today's conference games go as they should...

-- Penn State will extend its first place standing
                      -- Mercyhurst and RIT will be tied for second
                      -- Robert Morris will be fourth
                      -- Lindenwood will be fifth
                      -- Syracuse will be sixth

If predictions for holiday break standings had been taken at the start of the season, I would've had Mercyhurst alone in second place and then probably been wrong about the other four, especially RIT. I know Syracuse is rebuilding, but I would've never had them in last place at the holiday break. Lindenwood should just be made the permanent fifth place team, because they seem to like that spot. Their bright star is Morgan Neitzke, who right now is leading in pretty much all the CHA offensive stats. I wish Penn State could've snagged Neitzke when she was in the transfer portal.

BTN+ video for today's game vs Robert Morris (1:00 Eastern): https://www.bigtenplus.com/en-int/li...-state/1676455
                      Live Stats: https://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=481875

Comment

• Lindenwood was better under the coach before Shelly Looney. Shelly Looney's Lindenwood was better than Lindenwood now. The kick Flanagan to the curb by Syracuse has not worked out to well. Davis at RIT won coach of the year and then was kicked to the curb. RiT stuck with Celeste and looks to be in good hands, but it has taken three years and RIT now has scholarships to offer.

As far as PSU, if PSU can win about 22 games, the program will take care of itself under Kampersal. The next class looks really good. A nice winning season will take care of the class after that.

In my opinion, 22 wins is goal number one, winning the CHA tournament is goal number two and then winning a game in the NCAA's is goal number three.

Comment

• After one, it's 0-0 vs Robert Morris. Both teams took two penalties, and the shots are pretty even (stats are wrong). No announcers in the first period...well, I can hear them like they're one tick from mute, so basically not there.

Comment

• Helgenmuller is back. What are the lines this game o/d?

Comment

• After two, Penn State is up 2-1 on two goals from Tessa Janecke (one shorthanded). Penalties are 5 for Penn State and 4 for Robert Morris.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                                Helgenmuller is back. What are the lines this game o/d?
                                Starting lines were:

Stella Retrum - Tessa Janecke - Katelyn Roberts (Karolina Hengelmuller - Lyndie Lobdell)
                                Lexi Bedier - Mya Vaslet - Alyssa Machado (Kendall Butze - Karley Garcia)
                                Maddy Christian - Brianna Brooks - Julie Gough (Maggie MacEachern - Leah Stecker)
                                Alva Johnsson - Maeve Connolly - Carrie Byrnes

Comment

Working...
                                X