No announcement yet.

RPI Engineers '23-'24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The team, especially the top lines, are clearly worn out. DrDemento - I think the reason why 29,7,91,89 and throw in 10 and 17 as well are not out all the time is production has fallen off a cliff. Taking a quick look at the shots from yesterday and today 29: 1/0, 7: 1/1 (a goal vrs brown), 91: 3/1, 89: 5/2 (defense), 10: 1/2 and 17: 2/3 (goal). Compare that to players who don't play that much 23: 2/4 8: 1/2, 12: 0/1, 14: 1/0 and then a handful of 0/0. When the top lines who are on the ice more and getting power play time are getting about the same number of shots as the 4th line / extra skaters says the players are beaten down. I am not sure what the staff can do other than try to rest them a bit more so they have the energy to produce.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      There are players who simply need to be out there every game - 29, 7, 91, 89.
      That list certainly needs to include Kaiser, #10.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornholio View Post
        The team, especially the top lines, are clearly worn out. DrDemento - I think the reason why 29,7,91,89 and throw in 10 and 17 as well are not out all the time is production has fallen off a cliff. Taking a quick look at the shots from yesterday and today 29: 1/0, 7: 1/1 (a goal vrs brown), 91: 3/1, 89: 5/2 (defense), 10: 1/2 and 17: 2/3 (goal). Compare that to players who don't play that much 23: 2/4 8: 1/2, 12: 0/1, 14: 1/0 and then a handful of 0/0. When the top lines who are on the ice more and getting power play time are getting about the same number of shots as the 4th line / extra skaters says the players are beaten down. I am not sure what the staff can do other than try to rest them a bit more so they have the energy to produce.
        Interest point and i entirely agree. it was the problem last year also. We seem to be a 50 minute team for many games. Fresh legs are key and when they shorten the bench, it does not seem to matter if the shifts get shorter, they just do not have the energy. They get worn down for some if not most of the third period and it appear fairly obvious. But I must say, they are a very exciting team to watch this year and there is a lot of potential out there. And there is a deeper bench that can be called upon that simply has not been getting enough of a look.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Looking at things half-full, you could say that the 3rd/4th lines have near-similar talent as the top lines which is why SOG are "fairly equal" and if so, does give the staff options on how to properly rest. A few years back when they beat BU and Providence and looked very promising the line-usage was much more balanced since it was a near-fresh roster coming off covid and the 0-fer season. For whatever reason, even though I think it is clear there is not as much of a talent gap between the "top" and "bottom" lines, the past two years the line usage has been as if there was a clear difference in talent which is not the case. The win-loss record is gonig the wrong way with clearly more talent on the roster. This team will win only with high energy, effort and grit and that requires balanced usage of players. As a once famous coach said "You don't have enough talent to win on talent alone" I think applies very strongly with this program

Comment

They have 3 weeks now to get the ship straightened out. Hopefully that will be 3 weeks of high quality, intense practices

Comment

RPI posted Instagram stories of 4 future players signing NLOIs including two teammates, Molly Hamilton and Gracyn Mackay, whom I did not know about before. I am sure that their committal dates are actually earlier than 11/13/23. I put in 2014 as their arrival dates although they could have signed NLOIs and still be for 2025.
              Code:
              29 Maelee Ambrass #      G 09/27/22 Philadelphia Jr. Flyers 19U      2024  07/21/06 5'11" 154 Cranberry Twp, PA x.xx
               9 Alexis Brunet         F 12/06/21 Kingston Ice Wolves (OWHL)       2024  02/07/05 5'06" 165 Kingston, ON      3.25
               9 Molly Hamilton #      F 11/13/23 Red Deer Sutter Fund Chiefs      2024  06/05/06 5'03" xxx Bay Tree, AB      x.xx
               4 Gracyn Mackay #       D 11/13/23 Red Deer Sutter Fund Chiefs      2024  09/27/06 5'07" xxx Irma, AB          x.xx
               4 Charlotte Wensley #   F 10/01/22 St. Paul's School (Lakes Region) 2024  08/29/05 5'05" 150 Dover, NH         3.00
               9 Calla Woodcroft  #    F 02/27/23 London Devilettes (OWHL)         2024  06/25/05 x'xx" xxx Geneva, Switzerl. x.xx

* In the RPI directory
              # Known to have signed National Letter of Intent
              The years the recruits are listed as arriving at RPI are not necessarily accurate.
              The dates on which some of the women are listed as committing on may be considerably after the actual dates.
              I am assuming that Neutral Zone regards their Star ratings as public because they often tweet them with committals.
              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-14-2023, 05:52 AM.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Another recruit, probably for 2025: Victoria Savage, 5'8" forward from Lovell Academy.

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
                  Another recruit, probably for 2025: Victoria Savage, 5'8" forward from Lovell Academy.
                  Instagram about her commitment, https://www.instagram.com/p/Czq0oJpAmGs/?hl=en
                  She is indeed scheduled to graduate in 2025. https://www.instagram.com/p/Cx6ZXQdAL2c/?hl=en
                  Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-15-2023, 03:50 PM.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Instagram about her commitment, https://www.instagram.com/p/Czq0oJpAmGs/?hl=en
                    She is indeed scheduled to graduate in 2025. https://www.instagram.com/p/Cx6ZXQdAL2c/?hl=en
                    This looks like a really good, early commitment. The senior class at Lovell was heavily recruited, especially by #5 Clarkson. The Engineers seem to be continuing to build a solid base for the future.

Comment

This coming weekend is a huge test for the Engineers. Road games against middle of the pack ECAC teams, Princeton and QU. They will be underdogs in both games, but at times this year they have shown the potential to be competitive at this level....and at other times, not so much. They have had a couple weeks to regroup. I don't know how they will fare...but they will be aggressive and entertaining...count on it.

Comment

This coming weekend is a huge test for the Engineers. Road games against middle of the pack ECAC teams, Princeton and QU. They will be underdogs in both games, but at times this year they have shown the potential to be competitive at this level....and at other times, not so much. They have had a couple weeks to regroup. I don't know how they will fare...but they will be aggressive and entertaining...count on it.
                        Princeton and QU are both top 15 teams in the pairwise and could make the NCAA tournament. I don't know that I'd consider them middle of the pack even though that is where they are in the league standings. Will be a good opportunity for them to get a quality win (or two fingers crossed) though!

Comment

Based on results from this weekend it is increasingly likely that RPI will finish in last place in the ECAC this year. Let that sink in. Yes, this team is greatly improved from last year....but so is Brown, Union...etc. This is so discouraging for fans...but more so for the players, I am sure. Vines was right to shake up the lineup today. This season not going well...put more frosh and sophs in the game to build for next year.

Comment

I feel badly for the talented players like Kaiser, Rampado, Wagner, who have worked so hard for RPI. Maybe???, fingers crossed, they can salvage some pride in last part of season and playoffs

Comment

Based on results from this weekend it is increasingly likely that RPI will finish in last place in the ECAC this year. Let that sink in. Yes, this team is greatly improved from last year....but so is Brown, Union...etc. This is so discouraging for fans...but more so for the players, I am sure. Vines was right to shake up the lineup today. This season not going well...put more frosh and sophs in the game to build for next year.
                              Absolutely agree. The shake up in lines today and the insertion into the line up of a couple of players who have seen little ice time seemed to make a difference. Sure they lost but after the first period they played far better and actually outshot QU . Oddly over the two weekend games we lost a plethora of face offs which has not happened all season. With the season going as it has, go with as many players and lines as possible and see what clicks if anything.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Still a divide between top 7 and bottom 5 n the ECAC, but Union and Brown show some signs of fight. That leaves RPI, Harvard and Dartmouth as contenders for last place? Sad.

Comment

Working...
                                X