Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sun Devil Hockey - New D1 Women's Team????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sun Devil Hockey - New D1 Women's Team????

This is probably a very short lived thread but here goes.........
    https://cronkitenews.azpbs.org/2023/...al-tournament/

Would be great if they can make the jump but not probable?

ASU added women's lacrosse to meet title 9. The men's team has issues with travel, and that is with the colorado schools relatively close by. I could only imagine the expense and time commitment for the women's program. Their closest would be Lindenwood?

Comment

Originally posted by Cornholio View Post
      ASU added women's lacrosse to meet title 9. The men's team has issues with travel, and that is with the colorado schools relatively close by. I could only imagine the expense and time commitment for the women's program. Their closest would be Lindenwood?
      But to join Lindenwood's conference, the CHA, means travel to Penn State and Robert Morris and Syracuse and RIT... and for those schools to sign up for a trip to AZ every year.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post

But to join Lindenwood's conference, the CHA, means travel to Penn State and Robert Morris and Syracuse and RIT... and for those schools to sign up for a trip to AZ every year.
        The CHA isn't going to add what is basically a west coast team to the conference, and Robert Morris coming back already gets the CHA back to six teams, so good luck, ASU.

Comment

There are tons of schools with ACHA teams that would love to go D1. Most famous in this regard, perhaps, is Michigan. The barriers to making making the transition to D1 though are quite large - it takes a hell of a lot more than mere desire (namely, it takes a fat stack of money to fund a program). I'd love to be wrong, but there's nothing in this article which makes me think that it's at all likely that we'll be seeing D1 women's hockey in Tempe anytime soon.

Comment

Working...
          X