2023 NCAA Women's Tournament - Scores and Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
    Quinnipiac wins 3-2 at 9:37 of the third overtime.
    I was hoping for 4 OT's but my wife would have killed me to make her sit through all that back pain. Bleachers are killer when you're old!

Comment

Weather forecast for Duluth for next weekend is better than when I checked a couple days ago. Some snow Thursday night and some Friday morning but not the several inches I had seen earlier. For those who might drive (which could be quite a few MN and/or WI fans).

Comment

Why are 3 of 4 D1 games and all 4 D3 games being played at exactly the same time slot 3 pm Sat. Makes watching difficult...would that happen on the men's side?

Comment

Originally posted by PondHockeyGuy View Post
          PSU goalie also lost her glove on a QU power play and ref stops the play with puck still in the Penn State zone. Not sure if that was the right call.
          I'd never seen that before. When the helmet/mask comes off, that's an immediate whistle. Years back, the Minnesota goalie lost her glove after an opponent ran into her. No whistle, as the puck remains in the zone. She took off her helmet to get a whistle so that she could retrieve it and not risk injury, and was assessed a minor for delay of game. Probably the right play by her even though they scored on the ensuing PP, as it isn't worth risking a season-ending injury for a regular-season game. Different situation on Thursday with the season on the line, but wasn't sure why the whistle blew.
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

On the stream you could see that the QU coaches called the refs over for an explanation. I wonder what was said. Can’t un-blow your whistle.

Comment

Originally posted by GKWIH View Post
              Why are 3 of 4 D1 games and all 4 D3 games being played at exactly the same time slot 3 pm Sat. Makes watching difficult...would that happen on the men's side?
              The D3 men all play the same time — 7:00 local time. Tonight and the quarterfinals next Saturday.

The D1 men regional games are all spread out to avoid overlaps if possible … because ESPN.
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Wisconsin and Colgate tied at 1 late in the second. Wisconsin has pi on shots.

Comment

Wisconsin 4 - Colgate 2 Final
                  2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                  2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                  2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                  2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                  2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                  2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                  2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                  Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                  1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Trying to watch Ohio State on big ten plus. Game has started but online says starting soon. Any one make it work yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                      Trying to watch Ohio State on big ten plus. Game has started but online says starting soon. Any one make it work yet?
                      Got it now.

Comment

The ECAC's hopes now reside in Quinnipiac.

Wisconsin 4, Colgate 2
                        Northeastern 4, Yale 1

Comment

Minnesota 3, Minnesota-Duluth 0

The shots end up at 30-30, but the score is a better representation of the play. Almost half of UMD's shots came after the third goal.

Comment

After 1 period the Yuckeyes are trailing Quinnipiac 1-0...Only ECAC team seemingly showing up today.
                            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                              The ECAC's hopes now reside in Quinnipiac.

Wisconsin 4, Colgate 2
                              Northeastern 4, Yale 1
                              As an ECAC fan a very disappointing day so far. But, the better teams won today. Not much else I can say.

And tOSU just tied Quinny 1-1 on the PP. Rosenthal with the goal. Angers is keeping Quinny in this one so far.
                              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

1st goal is always important. In the current women's game, my opinion is the 1st goal matters not as much when Ohio State is playing. They are about the end of the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X