No announcement yet.

2023 NCAA DIII Championship Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colby - Amherst is tied 0-0 at the end of the first.

Hamilton - Adrian is also tied 0-0 at the end of the first.

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post

I wonder if it was sarcasm because I thought the exact same thing…
      I don’t think it was sarcasm. But only the poster knows.

there is a faction of people newer to this/people that follow D3hockeynews on Twitter that are being led to believe some ridiculous travesty has occurred to allow four NESCAC teams into the tournament over other schools that don’t have near the same SOS but have have better winning percentages because they play in cupcake leagues.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Plattsburgh takes a 2-1 lead on a highlight reel goal from captain Sarah Krauseneck. She made a great interception on a clear and tucked it in. She has an 11 game point streak

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

I don’t think it was sarcasm. But only the poster knows.

there is a faction of people newer to this/people that follow D3hockeynews on Twitter that are being led to believe some ridiculous travesty has occurred to allow four NESCAC teams into the tournament over other schools that don’t have near the same SOS but have have better winning percentages because they play in cupcake leagues.
          I kind of envy their lack of experience of when the tourney was subject to the subjective opinions of a committee on a private conference call.

These things take time. Yes, the PWR is flawed from a lack on inter-region play, but inter-region is on the rise. In a few years that issue could correct itself if trends continue.
          Last edited by Scott_TG; 03-11-2023, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
            I kind of envy their lack of experience of when the tourney was subject to the subjective opinions of a committee on a private conference call.

These things take time. Yes, the PWR is flawed from a lack on inter-region play, but inter-region is on the rise. In a few years that issue could correct itself if trends continue.
            Those were the days my friend .....

Comment

Chaotic scramble in front of the net, double the chaos of the first Cardinal goal, makes it 3-1 Cardinals with 1 min left in the second.

Norton with a great block and breakout pass to get the puck toward the Midd end, and then she took a pass to the point and fired it back toward the crease to start the scrum. I think Boric gets the goal.

Comment

End of 2

Colby 0 - Amherst 0
                Hamilton 1 - Adrian 0
                Middlebury 1 - Plattsburgh 3
                UWRF 1 - GAC 2

Comment

Amherst now up 2-0.

Middlebury's top line gets one back. 3-2 with 14 mins left in the 3rd.

EDIT: make it 3-0 Amherst

Comment

Finals:

Hamilton 1 - Adrian 0
                    UWRF 1 - GAC 2

Amherst leads 4-0.

Plattsburgh is trying to hold on to the 3-2 lead, Midd is on attack.

ENG makes it 4-2 Plattsburgh with 7 seconds. Holly Schmelzer worked her butt off to bring it down the ice and she manages to pass it to Unsworth for the ENG.

The progression of Holly Schmelzer's Plattsburgh career is so amazing to see. Bottom 6 center for two seasons. Switches to defender last year. Comes back to forward as a wing in her 5th year and becomes such an important spark plug of this team.
                    Last edited by Scott_TG; 03-11-2023, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Right?!

This entire process is SIGNIFICANTLY improved over the previous process.

Night and day better rather than 4 people having the ability to subjectively look at and manipulate data that might benefit their region or conference affiliated teams.
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Semifinals set:

Hamilton vs Amherst
                        GAC vs Plattsburgh

Rematch of the NESCAC championship in 1 semi. Rematch of a 2022 NCAA Semifinal in the other.

I think Amherst will host unless they didn't bid...all indications is their rink meets requirements.

Comment

Semifinals set:

Hamilton vs Amherst
                          GAC vs Plattsburgh

Rematch of the NESCAC championship in 1 semi. Rematch of a 2022 NCAA Semifinal in the other.

I think Amherst will host unless they didn't bid...all indications is their rink meets requirements.
                          Yup ! from the Plattsburgh schedule:

Comment

Watched the entirety of GAC-UWRF. Really evenly played game, but the Gusties controlled, and played the game they wanted to play. Feel sick for the Falcons as they’ve dropped the big one to GAC in back to back years. Gusties had an absolute horrendous no goal call however that should’ve made it 3-1 early in the third. Regardless, Falcons didn’t get a ton of opportunities down the stretch as the Gusties were very defensively sound.

Comment

RF-GAC attendance listed as a whopping 3073. Just a staggering number. Goes down as the new single game record at the DIII level, shattering the previous record of 2120 at the GAC-Midd title game last season.

Comment

Originally posted by VTpucksouteast View Post
                                RF-GAC attendance listed as a whopping 3073. Just a staggering number. Goes down as the new single game record at the DIII level, shattering the previous record of 2120 at the GAC-Midd title game last season.
                                Where was this game played? I’m not familiar with either of these rinks being big enough for that. Was there a typo in the number and an extra digit added?
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X