No announcement yet.

2023 NCAA DIII Championship Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure Referee Jess LeClerc from Maine and her east coast crew were plotting for that western school. Penalties ended up 4 for Plattsburgh and 2 for GAC.

Plattsburgh has now been spanked by Gustavus in the semi's two years in a row; as the great Pedro Martinez once famously said, I guess all Houle can do is tip his cap and call Carroll his daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by bodyup88 View Post
      I'm sure Referee Jess LeClerc from Maine and her east coast crew were plotting for that western school. Penalties ended up 4 for Plattsburgh and 2 for GAC.

Plattsburgh has now been spanked by Gustavus in the semi's two years in a row; as the great Pedro Martinez once famously said, I guess all Houle can do is tip his cap and call Carroll his daddy.
      If losing in double overtime is "SPANKED" I guess I don't understand sports terminology !!

Comment

When GAC wins 7 National Championships (5 in a row and probably would have been 8 Nattys /6 in a row if not for COVID shutdown) then maybe he will !

Comment

LeClerc has never been fair to Plattsburgh in her games involving Plattsburgh since going from linesman to referee.

Comment

So Stott now has 5 straight shutouts, all in the playoffs. If she shuts out GAC for the natty she will tie Camille Leonard (Plattsburgh '17) for single season shutouts.

If she does 14 to 15 shutouts a season she will shatter the career shutouts mark.

I was talking to an incoming Plattsburgh recruit yesterday at the semis and she said she scored on Stott in a summer league game but it took all three forwards being able to move the puck around the crease.

Comment

Originally posted by WCHornet View Post

When GAC wins 7 National Championships (5 in a row and probably would have been 8 Nattys /6 in a row if not for COVID shutdown) then maybe he will !
              In all seriousness, Plattsburgh has been phenomenal over the years. However, it wasn't COVID that ended the Plattsburgh title run at FOUR. It was the Mark Bolding-led Norwich Cadets that won the title in 2018, defeating the Elmira squad that took out the Cardinals in the semis that year. Plattsburgh even managed to lose the third place game to a pesky western squad that season (although they returned the favor the following season when it really counted, in the title game at St Thomas).

Comment

In all seriousness, Plattsburgh has been phenomenal over the years. However, it wasn't COVID that ended the Plattsburgh title run at FOUR. It was the Mark Bolding-led Norwich Cadets that won the title in 2018, defeating the Elmira squad that took out the Cardinals in the semis that year. Plattsburgh even managed to lose the third place game to a pesky western squad that season (although they returned the favor the following season when it really counted, in the title game at St Thomas).
                You are correct it was 4 in a row but still 7 national titles, 5 in 6 years.
                NCAA Tournament Titles: 2019, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2008, 2007

Comment

Who said anything about plotting? I said it wasn't called evenly - for whatever reason. And by no definition is losing a game in 2OT "getting spanked". GAC has a long history of outstanding regular seasons, but they have a long way to go for anyone on a national stage to call them "their daddy"...
                  Steve
                  Penn State Class of '95
                  Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Agreed. But for the last two years they've been the barrier to another Cardinal title. And just think, that strength of schedule must be taking a big hit now. Three of their last four losses to those pesky western teams. And the other loss to Cortland: shut out by a "western" goalie.

Comment

Agreed. But for the last two years they've been the barrier to another Cardinal title. And just think, that strength of schedule must be taking a big hit now. Three of their last four losses to those pesky western teams. And the other loss to Cortland: shut out by a "western" goalie.
                      I'm all for new teams joining the party. I think having teams in Plattsburgh's league that can beat them is a good thing, not a bad thing. Cortland was knocking at the door of an at-large bid this year. Those of us that follow the league have known that Cortland was coming (they lost to Plattsburgh in OT in last year's league title game). Again, the more the merrier on the national stage for me. I root for Plattsburgh, but I want to see new teams get a taste on the national stage too...
                      Steve
                      Penn State Class of '95
                      Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

I will say this has been my favorite non-Plattsburgh championship weekend in terms of ancillary things. The Amherst rink is objectively bad and I'm personally disappointed with the outcome but nearby Springfield has been great for the newly added off day. Local restaurants, a museum, some pregame gaming at the slots at MGM Springfield and now an AHL game.

Amherst should not host until they build a nicer rink but I wouldn't be mad if WNEU was ever good enough to be the #1seed and host...

Comment

Predictions for the title game?

Both teams are loaded, and it sure seems that goaltending/bounces will decide it. I’ll take the home team 2-0, continuing their amazing shutout streak.

Comment

I think it's Amherst 1-0 in OT

Comment

Originally posted by VTpucksouteast View Post
                              Predictions for the title game?

Both teams are loaded, and it sure seems that goaltending/bounces will decide it. I’ll take the home team 2-0, continuing their amazing shutout streak.
                              I will take Gustavus.
                              4 & 20 The All-American Sister's
                              SNC 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, & 2018 Mens DIII NCAA Champions & they have Women's Hockey

Comment

Whoever can score in overtime wins ! Tight one too close to predict.

Comment

Working...
                                X