Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which school besides your own do you most want to see win a National Championship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which school besides your own do you most want to see win a National Championship?

For me, keeping it realistic and leaving off Post and Union, the answer is St. Lawrence. As a Clarkson fan, they've felt more like siblings then enemies and I think more fans than usual would agree. I don't think many BC or BU fans are naming each other, for example.

After that one of the old school powers - New Hampshire or Providence would be cool. Would be nice to see Hockey East get one in general.

I agree on St. Lawrence, in part because winning a title isn't a priority to the degree that it is with some programs. Sure, they still compete as hard as others do, but there is more emphasis on players getting a unique college experience. Wells is one of a number of coaches that I'd especially like to see win a title, along with those at programs like Princeton, UMD, and Colgate. Winning a championship is a neat thing, and it would be nice if more programs and fan bases could live that dream.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I joke around about bc some, but in truth I stream more of their games than any other women's D1 hockey team so they would be the one. And I kinda feel a lttle bad (but not too much) that the Tunnelers ruined bc's shot at a perfect season. Plus I would genuinely feel good for Grant to finally feel the joy of his squad winning the National title.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

My honest answer really is "nobody".

I can talk myself into 'who would I least dislike to see win?'; Northeastern because they were so close in 2021, or maybe Cornell, because they had a really good chance in 2020 before COVID took the chance away, etc. Over the next couple years, also Cornell, because I sat with the mother of their incoming goalie, Annelies Bergmann, during U19s this summer, and we had a wonderful time talking with one another during the week

But that's choosing the lesser of two evils, so to speak. "Like to see win"? Uhh, no.

Comment

Brown (exiled royals)

Comment

Working...
          X