Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should and Could There be a Big Ten Womens Conference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    Speaking for Ohio State's cut there was an interview with Coach Muzerall some time back and she was asked how she was able to recruit so well and she replied that we have a football team that brings in a lot of money to the athletic department and her program gets a nice share of it.
    But, if she thought they were getting screwed she'd never come out and say it, she's way too smart for that. Wasn't Oz's firing from the men's team because he was openly griping about the lack of support the men's team was given?
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Wasn't Oz's firing from the men's team because he was openly griping about the lack of support the men's team was given?
      I never heard the facts of that but the popular opinion was influential people weren't happy with him and he was indifferent to the hockey alumni. Rumors only, not facts.

Comment

A very selfish NO here! I think the WCHA is a great conference with historic rivalries. We Minnesotans can drive to every away game easily, except OSU. The away games are a great diversion from winter and a good excuse to get away on the weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by drewkal View Post
          A very selfish NO here! I think the WCHA is a great conference with historic rivalries. We Minnesotans can drive to every away game easily, except OSU. The away games are a great diversion from winter and a good excuse to get away on the weekends.
          I don't think your opinion is selfish. I wasn't happy at all when the formation of the Big Ten men's conference messed up the WCHA & CCHA and no doubt it would seriously mess up WCHA women's.

Comment

I think no. Women's hockey doesn't need to copy everything men do in hockey or another sport.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleIXHockey View Post
              I think no. Women's hockey doesn't need to copy everything men do in hockey or another sport.
              Now here's where I would hope someone more knowledgeable than me would answer this. If there were eventually six Big Ten schools with women's hockey would the conference bylaws MANDATE a women's Big Ten conference be formed?

Comment

The question for this thread (and I don't know the answer) is if there are enough schools sponsoring a sport, is the Big Ten required to establish a conference for it?
                Steve
                Penn State Class of '95
                Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                  The question for this thread (and I don't know the answer) is if there are enough schools sponsoring a sport, is the Big Ten required to establish a conference for it?

I believe that was the case when Penn State formed their team giving the Big Ten 6 schools with D1 men's programs.

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                    According to Stilleeyore upthread, big 10 bylaws say they don’t have to create a conference when there is 6 teams. 6 means they can, but they don’t have to, according to Eeyore.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post

According to Stilleeyore upthread, big 10 bylaws say they don’t have to create a conference when there is 6 teams. 6 means they can, but they don’t have to, according to Eeyore.
                      In that case the question would be optics: they created a Men's Big Ten conference as soon as Penn State established the sixth Big Ten team sponsoring hockey. Would optics require them to do the same if there are six women's teams sponsoring the sport?
                      Steve
                      Penn State Class of '95
                      Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Working...
                      X