Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied
    Looking forward to this weekend's OSU-UMD series at UMD. At least last season OSU broke the jinx and finally won on UMD's home ice.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    St. Cloud gets the sweep, BSU gains a split in their tourney.

WI at BSU WI should take care of business against a scoring troubled BSU team and be ready to take over #1 if OSU slips.
    OSU at UMD UMD has chance to stop the slide against the big 3, they are 1 - 5 against the big 3.
    ST at SC St. Cloud's ascent will continue. They could be in 3rd place if they sweep and OSU and UM also sweep.
    UM vs MSU home n home Can UM get out of this mini-funk against Kato? Tricky deal but they are locked into the top 3 in the league provided the tunnels don't get filled with water or gasoline.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    Wow Yale scores 2 goals in the final 37 seconds of the 1st period. MN gets 2 ppg's, outshoots them 32-19 (only allows 8 sog over the last 2 periods), out faceoffs them, 37-27 but Yale prevails 4-3.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    Thanksgiving got the best of me.....this week we have.

UM PSU - UM wins 5-1; SOG were 35-27 UM.
    UM Yale - looks like we'll see if Yale is worthy of their high ranking.

St. Cloud at Lindenwood; game one to St. Cloud 7-2

BSU Q - Q wins 5-0, shots were 39-18 Q. Interestingly they scored a goal within the first 2 minutes of the start of each period, including 17 seconds into the game.
    BSU - Sacred Heart

Leave a comment:

• Bkruczynski
    replied
    Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
    After 2 periods and another game yesterday I have to say it’s more incompetence than bias. These refs are bad. Putting aside the game changing phantom 5 minute major, the ridiculous face off violation penalties just scream that it’s about the refs and not the game.
    Phantom 5 minute major? Colgate #14 cross checked OSU player in the head at the faceoff and put OSU player down on the ice. Easy to see in replays. The officials made the correct call.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied
    Originally posted by Bkruczynski View Post
    The officials cause faceoff problems every game.
    Ohio State has gotten so many ridiculous delay of game penalties on faceoffs this season it makes me want to pull my hair out and at my age I can't afford to lose a single strand!
    Just drop the damn puck! Geez!

Leave a comment:

• Bkruczynski
    replied
    Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
    After 2 periods and another game yesterday I have to say it’s more incompetence than bias. These refs are bad. Putting aside the game changing phantom 5 minute major, the ridiculous face off violation penalties just scream that it’s about the refs and not the game.
    We get the same officials for just about every game. The officials cause faceoff problems every game. Iffland is real bad at faceoffs. OSU has had many faceoff penalties at home this year. Just drop the puck. The faceoffs we’re especially bad in the 4-4 tie. The team of officials we’ve had lately let the teams play and then play gets too tough and then have have make up calls to get play under control. Not good.

Leave a comment:

• Bkruczynski
    replied
    Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Does OSU have an issue in goal or just horrible D zone play? A tie on the road in this game is practically a win for Colgate.
    I was at the 4-4 tie. It was disappointing. OSU had 2 horrible turnovers that led to breakaways and scores. OSU has had this bad turnover problem earlier in the season against weaker opponents so it didn’t matter. It stopped but was back for this game. So there is some horrible defense play at times but something doesn’t seem right sometimes with Thiele in goal. Yesterday Kirk played in the 6-2 win and was solid. OSU goalie stuff will work out by later in the season. Coach Muzerall has played 3 goalies this season and I’m sure Thiele and Kirk will get lots of playing time. Muzz will play the person who she feels will help the team the most.

Not to sell Colgate short, they are a talented physical team. Serdachny is one of the best players I’ve seen come into OSU to play against the Buckeyes. She is easily equal to Heise.

Leave a comment:

• Rightnut
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ARM
    replied
    The linesmen in the WCHA tend to be more local, but the main refs travel extensively and are not found exclusively at one host. The crappy referees are shared throughout the league. But in all honesty, I would still take the call-nothing WCHA refs over those that I sometimes see in HEA where the arm goes up every time someone loses their skates.

Leave a comment:

• Rightnut
    replied
    Question for the rest of the WCHA- when you go to OSU- do you feel like you get home towned by the refs cuz it’s the same refs around there all the time? I saw the refs after the Colgate OSU game chatting amiably after the game near the OSU locker room. Wondering if there is any feeling of bias. Some very questionable calls in game 2 first period

Leave a comment:

• NMH
    replied
    I was kind of expecting Muzzy to change goalies at some point in the game, tbqh

Leave a comment:

• Lindsay
    replied
    Maybe we’ll see Raygan Kirk at some point. She was a highly regarded goalie whose career got a bit derailed by RMU cutting the program. OSU has options and while it’s not early in the season there is definitely time for the goaltending to return to form.

Leave a comment:

• FiveHoleFrenzy
    replied
    Does OSU have an issue in goal or just horrible D zone play? A tie on the road in this game is practically a win for Colgate.
    When your goaltender's save percentage is .750 (4 goals allowed on 16 shots) 3/4 of the way into the third period and winds up finishing the game at .809 (4 goals on 21 shots) you aren't going to be very succsessful most of the time. If you get a basic .900 save percentage out of your goalie you win this game 4-2. You can go the quality chances were closer route of spin but I'll take the odds of a team more than doubling up on shots against their opponent pretty much everytime.

Just to contrast, Toothpaste's goalie finished with a .923 save perctange.

Leave a comment:

• ARM
    replied
    Does OSU have an issue in goal or just horrible D zone play?
    It doesn't look like any of the top WCHA teams are playing consistently at a championship level defensively, but it is November, not March. Nice work by Colgate to battle back from the early hole.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X