Wcha 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

dinners, grinners, spinners, thinners, skinners......I hate poems and I always hated Lit classes in HS and college. But you'd never know from my AWA mean Gene Okerlund Bucky interview, eh?
    Winners!

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
      Winners!
      You were supposed to let my response percolate a little longer than 33.555874 seconds. Haha and LOL.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

dinners, grinners, spinners, thinners, skinners......I hate poems and I always hated Lit classes in HS and college. But you'd never know from my AWA mean Gene Okerlund Bucky interview, eh?
        I guess you get chicken dinners with it...
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

I guess you get chicken dinners with it...
          Money!

Comment

Money!
            Speaking of...This could be the Sinners new theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqNd4OchiRw

Not too shabby...
            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Half of the USCHO 1st, 2nd, 3rd and all rookie team players were WCHA players, Idalski USCHO coach of the year (Watts a joke he wasn't the league coach of the year), KK co-rookie of the year, Jaques gets the PK, 3 of the 4 FF teams WCHA and the champ were too. Heck of a season for the the old WCHA.

Comment

• Women's Division I Hockey Inter-Conference Records: 2022-2023
                vs. CHA ECAC Hockey East NEWHA WCHA OOC Record
                CHA 8-32-0
                (.200)
                3-7-2
                (.333)
                13-2-0
                (.867)
                1-17-0
                (.056)
                25-58-2
                (.306)
                ECAC 32-8-0
                (.800)
                18-18-0
                (.500)
                13-4-1
                (.750)
                4-12-2
                (.278)
                67-42-3
                (.612)
                Hockey East 7-3-2
                (.667)
                18-18-0
                (.500)
                10-2-0
                (.833)
                0-5-0
                (.000)
                35-28-2
                (.554)
                NEWHA 2-13-0
                (.133)
                4-13-1
                (.250)
                2-10-0
                (.167)
                1-9-0
                (.100)
                9-45-1
                (.173)
                WCHA 17-1-0
                (.944)
                12-4-2
                (.722)
                5-0-0
                (1.000)
                9-1-0
                (.900)
                43-6-2
                (.863)
                This is a link to the page where I found these inter-conference records pasted above. They seemed useful for looking back at the season, and you may have checked them out a lot before. They did speak to the level of competition in the WCHA conference in 2022-23.

As a fan of Yale, I have felt hopeful, seeing the top teams from the ECAC, for instance, compete pretty often with some of your top teams. Even as 4-12-2 was the overall ECAC 2022-23 inter-conference record vs. the WCHA, those games can be fun to watch. (:

Comment

• I still wonder how many years the WCHA as we know it has left? Michigan is exploring a woman's program and if it happens that makes 5 teams. With the Big Ten poaching Pac schools that makes the possibility of an additional woman's team or teams extremely high which would give the Big Ten the magic 6 number.
                  Of course this is speculation on my part but I feel it's a distance possibility. Time will tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by BowWowWow View Post
                    Women's Division I Hockey Inter-Conference Records: 2022-2023
                    vs. CHA ECAC Hockey East NEWHA WCHA OOC Record
                    CHA 8-32-0
                    (.200)
                    3-7-2
                    (.333)
                    13-2-0
                    (.867)
                    1-17-0
                    (.056)
                    25-58-2
                    (.306)
                    ECAC 32-8-0
                    (.800)
                    18-18-0
                    (.500)
                    13-4-1
                    (.750)
                    4-12-2
                    (.278)
                    67-42-3
                    (.612)
                    Hockey East 7-3-2
                    (.667)
                    18-18-0
                    (.500)
                    10-2-0
                    (.833)
                    0-5-0
                    (.000)
                    35-28-2
                    (.554)
                    NEWHA 2-13-0
                    (.133)
                    4-13-1
                    (.250)
                    2-10-0
                    (.167)
                    1-9-0
                    (.100)
                    9-45-1
                    (.173)
                    WCHA 17-1-0
                    (.944)
                    12-4-2
                    (.722)
                    5-0-0
                    (1.000)
                    9-1-0
                    (.900)
                    43-6-2
                    (.863)
                    This is a link to the page where I found these inter-conference records pasted above. They seemed useful for looking back at the season, and you may have checked them out a lot before. They did speak to the level of competition in the WCHA conference in 2022-23.

As a fan of Yale, I have felt hopeful, seeing the top teams from the ECAC, for instance, compete pretty often with some of your top teams. Even as 4-12-2 was the overall ECAC 2022-23 inter-conference record vs. the WCHA, those games can be fun to watch. (:
                    Wow what a great negative information. It makes a guy wonder about how the computer rankings didn't have the WCHA the top 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                      I still wonder how many years the WCHA as we know it has left? Michigan is exploring a woman's program and if it happens that makes 5 teams. With the Big Ten poaching Pac schools that makes the possibility of an additional woman's team or teams extremely high which would give the Big Ten the magic 6 number.
                      Of course this is speculation on my part but I feel it's a distance possibility. Time will tell.
                      I still wonder why some super rich person from a non b16 hockey school hasn't dumped a pile of cash on somebody's desk and said start women's team. I guess they would rather use the money on gold plated silverware for the football team's training table instead.

But a b16 woman's hockey conference would be bad for woman's hockey so I am ok with the way it is now.

Comment

• Summary of UMD's incoming class

https://thehockeynews.com/womens/col...-gains-another

Comment

• The rodents fire a shot across the bow on the 3rd paid assistant front. UW hasn't done anything on that and I don't recall if Calamity has increased her posse yet.

Comment

• It's interesting to see quite a few "Directors of Hockey Operations" get promoted to assistant coach jobs in college hockey. I wouldn't think they'd have the hockey skill set needed to develop skills.

Comment

• Coach Muz runs a system of bringing in young talent into the DOO roll. Coach Kline went thur this system and currently Coach Muz has a former captain and player as the DOO. I see some on this thread take cheap shots at Coach Muzerall about assistant coaches leaving... so some quick education for those posters. OSU has a rule that if you coach at tOSU you need to have a 4 year degree. Coach Muz hired former NHL players to coach and both did not have degrees so they could only be for 1 year. Coach Elander returned after he left to Europe. There are two coaches that coach Muz had to move on from. When your building a elite machine you must always be looking to improve. Thats what I love about our young coach ...Never be satisfied...always trying to get better. The coaching staff at tOSU I belive is the hardest working staff in the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sierra View Post
                                Coach Muz runs a system of bringing in young talent into the DOO roll. Coach Kline went thur this system and currently Coach Muz has a former captain and player as the DOO. I see some on this thread take cheap shots at Coach Muzerall about assistant coaches leaving... so some quick education for those posters. OSU has a rule that if you coach at tOSU you need to have a 4 year degree. Coach Muz hired former NHL players to coach and both did not have degrees so they could only be for 1 year. Coach Elander returned after he left to Europe. There are two coaches that coach Muz had to move on from. When your building a elite machine you must always be looking to improve. Thats what I love about our young coach ...Never be satisfied...always trying to get better. The coaching staff at tOSU I belive is the hardest working staff in the country.
                                So did they leave because they didn't have four-year degrees, or because "she's looking to improve"? You seem to want to say it is both, but that doesn't rally make much sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X