Wcha 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    Wait...Is Worthington suited up for UMD because that looked like a play #5 for the Gophers would make...

1-0 Yuckeyes with a hugh assist from UMD's defenseman Bell.

And then just as I'm typing another hugh assist from a UMD defenseman, this time Flahrety. 2-0 Yuckeyes who are literally being handed this game by UMD.
    Much the same as last year in the national championship game.

Comment

• LOL...The muzzinator just used the cliche "we take it one game at a time" in her interview...Nice.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• UMD get one late with the Goalie pulled. 2-1 with about 2:40 seconds left...

UMD takes a penalty with just a few seconds left...

And it goes final...2-1 for the Yuckeyes. A big thank you to the UMD Bulldogs for their work to put the Yuckeyes on top in this one.
        Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 03-03-2023, 03:17 PM.

Comment

UMD takes a penalty with just a few seconds left...
          Which Ryhorchuk calls holding for some reason. The offending arm is holding her stick, which she is using to play the puck, which a player is allowed to do. Call it a trip, and it makes sense, but we have officials who don't even seem to know the rules, or else they are just never in position to see what is happening. In this particular game, they called a bunch of things in the first half of the game, and then quit calling anything. Mostly, the calls they made weren't inaccurate, although they could have taken the diver as well on the second UMD penalty. Pankowski saw that one the way I did.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
            Which Ryhorchuk calls holding for some reason. The offending arm is holding her stick, which she is using to play the puck, which a player is allowed to do. Call it a trip, and it makes sense, but we have officials who don't even seem to know the rules, or else they are just never in position to see what is happening. In this particular game, they called a bunch of things in the first half of the game, and then quit calling anything. Mostly, the calls they made weren't inaccurate, although they could have taken the diver as well on the second UMD penalty. Pankowski saw that one the way I did.
            Was that the penalty on #17 for UMD? If so that was a decent dive by the Yuckeye player.

Comment

Was that the penalty on #17 for UMD? If so that was a decent dive by the Yuckeye player.
              Yes, that one. It looked like a penalty, but there was also some marketing going on.

Comment

• Different, third pair of refs for the final than either of the semis. Ludwig is NOT working the game!

Comment

• As for the hockey itself, I wish that play at the end of the 1st period had been a no-call.

Comment

As for the hockey itself, I wish that play at the end of the 1st period had been a no-call.
                    Can't be a no call when contact to the head is involved. The Yuckeye player can't be that undisciplined.

I suspect the Yuckeyes will get the full muzzinator as 2 periods are complete and the Yuckeyes are down 3-1.

Comment

• I was worried that the 5 minutes of PP would be followed by either three straight minors against UM or a lenghty 5-on-3 PP for tOSU. Could still be on the agenda for the 3rd.

Comment

I was worried that the 5 minutes of PP would be followed by either three straight minors against UM or a lenghty 5-on-3 PP for tOSU. Could still be on the agenda for the 3rd.
                        Old time Badger radio guy Paul Braun used to say to whoever he was with when all the calls were going one way "I'm putting a $20 up on the monitor that says the next penalty gets called on the Gophers", etc. I was thinking it during thst period.
                        Last edited by robertearle; 03-04-2023, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• As was mentioned by others...Interesting that this year had one team (Yuckeyes) win the leaue title. Another win the league tournament (Tunnelers). And another win the national title (Sinners). Probably speaks to how close in ability these teams were to each other and UMD really not too far behind as well.

Three of the Frozen Four teams were from the WCHA and for the second straight year an all WCHA final...Northleastern's record was exposed to be a lot of fluff as many of us thought. The ECAC, for all it's supposed strength and depth, couldn't parlay that into any tournament success.

Conclusion: Well duh...Western elitists were right again. The WCHA's competition breads championships.

Comment

As was mentioned by others...Interesting that this year had one team (Yuckeyes) win the leaue title. Another win the league tournament (Tunnelers). And another win the national title (Sinners). Probably speaks to how close in ability these teams were to each other and UMD really not too far behind as well.

Three of the Frozen Four teams were from the WCHA and for the second straight year an all WCHA final...Northleastern's record was exposed to be a lot of fluff as many of us thought. The ECAC, for all it's supposed strength and depth, couldn't parlay that into any tournament success.

Conclusion: Well duh...Western elitists were right again. The WCHA's competition breads championships.
                            Northleastern....a subtle, yet sharp edge. Love it. Of course WI did lose to NE in the quarters last year, but they were decimated by the Olympics and injuries.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Northleastern....a subtle, yet sharp edge. Love it. Of course WI did lose to NE in the quarters last year, but they were decimated by the Olympics and injuries.
                              Hopefully all in good fun...

And speaking of... I know you said my nickname for your program of rooting interest is lame but instead you should have axed me the question...You know what rhymes with Sinners?

Comment

Hopefully all in good fun... And speaking of... I know you said my nickname for your program of rooting interest is lame but instead you should have axed me the question...You know what rhymes with Sinners?
                                dinners, grinners, spinners, thinners, skinners......I hate poems and I always hated Lit classes in HS and college. But you'd never know from my AWA mean Gene Okerlund Bucky interview, eh?
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X